Howard

My wife wanted a fly swatter, I got her a gun!

So my wife who really does not like guns asked for a fly swatter.  But I can't do things the easy way, so I bought her a gun instead:

14167653800_d9649781b5_z_d.jpg

Its way cool.  Its pump action with pop-up sights and a safety.  Fires a puff of salt to kill bugs: http://bugasalt.com/

wow no trigger finger nazi's yet?!  lol way to go man, baby steps!

She was test firing it that shot, last I checked you need your finger on the trigger for that.  I did show her how to use the safety and that her finger should be on the side until she had the critter in her sights ;)

Is it NJ legal?

I was a little concerned about that as it can fire 50 shots without reloading, it came from out of state and they shipped it directly to me not an FFL and We did not fill out COE's. shhhh! :)

My husband is super pissed I put Irish imported salt in mine. Saxo or Saxxon or some crap like that. Frikken salt is salt.

Anyway , beware the wasps , dont fire until you have rapid fire down. It takes 3 or 4 blasts to take them out.

I've seen this at Hetitage in Easton. We have had problems with Cicada Killer Wasps. Wonder if this would work. They are HUGE wasps that dig burrows in the ground/lawn. They look horrorfying, especially with 20 or 30 flying around my small property, but aren't aggressive like regular wasps. Google pics/video of them. They are pretty interesting.

We have had problems with Cicada Killer Wasps. Wonder if this would work. They are HUGE wasps that dig burrows in the ground/lawn. They look horrorfying, especially with 20 or 30 flying around my small property, but aren't aggressive like regular wasps. Google pics/video of them. They are pretty interesting.

I saw one for the first time a few days ago. It looked like something from a science fiction movie.

I've seen this at Hetitage in Easton. We have had problems with Cicada Killer Wasps. Wonder if this would work. They are HUGE wasps that dig burrows in the ground/lawn. They look horrorfying, especially with 20 or 30 flying around my small property, but aren't aggressive like regular wasps. Google pics/video of them. They are pretty interesting.

Airsoft guns shooting three .2 gram BBs at 280fps sometimes only stun them, so I seriously doubt this would have ANY effect on them.  They make great moving targets for airsoft guns, however...especially those times you can shoot one out of the air.

I remember the first one I ever saw, I couldn't believe the size of the damn thing.  Some I've seen at my house are larger than a finger...

Airsoft guns shooting three .2 gram BBs at 280fps sometimes only stun them, so I seriously doubt this would have ANY effect on them.  They make great moving targets for airsoft guns, however...especially those times you can shoot one out of the air.

I remember the first one I ever saw, I couldn't believe the size of the damn thing.  Some I've seen at my house are larger than a finger...

I had one fly into my car while I was sitting at the light in front of the Union County court house in Elizabeth. I put the car in park and jumped out.

A police officer came over to investigate why I was causing a traffic jam and when I pointed out the intruder he said "I wouldn't stay in the car either". I suggested he shoot it but he just directed the traffic around my car until the Cicada Killer flew out.

Thankfully, they aren't really aggressive, and they won't really attack you unless you really provoke them.  Yeah, they look scary, and if you get close to their home, they may buzz you, but that's the extent of things, based on my experience.  Other cicada killers are a different story, however.  They will have lots of dogfights with each other, and any injured or even dead cicada killers attract the attention of others, so that's a good way to get the bees to one area if you want to get rid of more of them.  They are really good at burrowing and digging up large piles of dirt, especially around the edge of a brick walkway in front of the house, so those ones are the ones I target.

If you kill one, they can still sting for a while, so be aware of that...