illy

Unrealistic WTS ads

The game is easy. Start high then take a lower offer closer to what you actually want. Not complicated. You don't want to play the game by making an offer then you stay out. No whining about it

FWIW, I wasn't complaining, just having a little fun.

I almost never buy used anyway. With all the amateur gun smithing I've done, I always worry the other guy is as adventurous, but less capable.

FWIW, I wasn't complaining, just having a little fun.

I almost never buy used anyway. With all the amateur gun smithing I've done, I always worry the other guy is as adventurous, but less capable.

That wasnt directed at you. It was a generalization of all the complaining that people do in the classifieds

Same rule as cars; you never get back the money you put into accessories and labor.

"How do you spend $2,500 on a $700 rifle? Build an AR."

Now that is true wisdom.....I don't own a AR platform as yet but noticed prices beginning to level off from just a year ago so now in the market.With all the available accessories,options and bling some of the possible options can pass well into the thousands and confused the hell out of me...plus I'm cheap.

Some people start with a higher price expecting to negotiate, some go with a price they expect to sell it quickly, and then there are some that go full retard. I think full retard is what is being referred to by the OP. Never go full retard!

I just spit out my coffee... but this is so true!

American and Korean made guns and parts are cheaper than they have ever been. No idea what you guys are complaining about. Which one of you was putting together milspec ARs with chrome lined MP barrels and milspec MP bolts for $500 ten years ago? Or buying accurate 1911s that would feed the most aggressive profile HPs without a single failure from out of the box to 5,000 rounds for $450?

New commodity guns are cheap as Hell as are accessories.

Surplus keeps going up and of course ammo is creeping up over time although it is still dropping from the past year and a half spike. Except .22.

Some people start with a higher price expecting to negotiate, some go with a price they expect to sell it quickly, and then there are some that go full retard. I think full retard is what is being referred to by the OP. Never go full retard!

Now that's funny!

I've bought many things in my life and always offered what I was willing to pay. There is nothing wrong with that. Why complain about the ad? Just make and offer and if it's not accepted, just move on.

One other thing is people on this forum are notoriously cheap. I'm one of them and we always want the best price. On the flip side, sellers want as much as they can get.

You lose money on a gun when it's purchased, not when it's sold. Everyday a fool and his money part ways. Key thing is to not be that fool.