brucin

West Milford homeowner disarms burglar who stole his gun, cops say

http://www.nj.com/passaic-county/index.ssf/2014/10/west_milford_homeowner_overpowers_burglar_who_stole_gun_police_say.html#incart_river

Great news for the homeowner but does anyone think it really happened this way? Thief has gun homeowner doesn't then homeowner takes gun away from thief after gun is outside and holds thief at gun point till police arrive.

I'm not saying it's impossible just that it's improbable. My guess is the homeowner followed the thief outside where the thief surrendered and the story was changed to protect the innocent homeowner from draconian NJ gun laws.

He was charged with burglary, unlawful possession of weapon, possession of weapon by convicted felon, possession of weapon for unlawful purpose, theft, criminal mischief and possession of hollow point rounds.

Thief must have brought his own ammo from home... :gaming:

He was charged with burglary, unlawful possession of weapon, possession of weapon by convicted felon, possession of weapon for unlawful purpose, theft, criminal mischief and possession of hollow point rounds.

Thief must have brought his own ammo from home... :gaming:

Yeah, but he brought the hollowpoints directly to his place of business :D

"DeMauex has been fingered by authorities in a number of burglaries across North Jersey over the last five years"

how many more "number of burglaries" is it gonna take to keep this dirt bag behind bars? obsoletely disgusting that this pos is still roaming the streets.

"DeMauex has been fingered by authorities in a number of burglaries across North Jersey over the last five years"

how many more "number of burglaries" is it gonna take to keep this dirt bag behind bars? obsoletely disgusting that this pos is still roaming the streets.

I bet he gets more than fingered where he is going

I thought you can own hollow points? Sorry still a noob but I've seen people on here mention how they own them.

Yes they are legal for legal use.  From store to home,  Home to range.  Otherwise they are a NO GO. 

Dips%^t stole a gun loaded with hollow points, so now he is illegally in possession of hollow points, a tack on charge which adds to time.

Yes they are legal for legal use.  From store to home,  Home to range.  Otherwise they are a NO GO. 

Dips%^t stole a gun loaded with hollow points, so now he is illegally in possession of hollow points, a tack on charge which adds to time.

The thief will plead to burglary and weapons possession and all other charges will be dropped. He'll be out in 18 months tops.

Seems like the Atlantic County prosecutor should get involved in this and charge the homeowner with illegal possession for having the firearm on his person on the street in front of his property.  Should also charge him with illegally lending the firearm to "his friend" who originally took it out of the house. :)

Homeowner will eventually be charged with leaving firearm accessible to shitbag.  It's in the law you know.

It is ? I thought the only law about storage is :

“[a] person who knows or reasonably should know that a minor [under 16 years of age]1 is likely to gain access to a loaded firearm at a premises under the person’s control” is criminally liable for a misdemeanor if a minor gains access to a firearm, unless the person:

• Stores the firearm in a securely locked box or container;
  • Stores the firearm in a location which a reasonable person would believe to be secure; or
  • Secures the firearm with a trigger lock.2

I doubt very highly that the homeowner will be charged with anything.  Rural North Jersey is almost Free America.  Cops got the BG, so they get credit for the arrest even though BG was shitting pants at the time.  County Prosecutor won't go after the Victim.  The "sting" of mishandling Shaneen Allen will see to that..........

Just sayin'...........

http://www.nj.com/passaic-county/index.ssf/2014/10/west_milford_homeowner_overpowers_burglar_who_stole_gun_police_say.html#incart_river

Great news for the homeowner but does anyone think it really happened this way? Thief has gun homeowner doesn't then homeowner takes gun away from thief after gun is outside and holds thief at gun point till police arrive.

I'm not saying it's impossible just that it's improbable. My guess is the homeowner followed the thief outside where the thief surrendered and the story was changed to protect the innocent homeowner from draconian NJ gun laws.

Not improbable, probably 80-20 possible. These scumbags are usually on drugs and almost always have no clue what to do with a gun. Where's the safety, dude? Duhhhh. They're also cowards.

It's unfortunate that the home invader didn't accidentally shoot himself in some vital organ, suffer an inadvertent broken neck due to the homeowner accidentally stepping on him, or fall down multiple flights of stairs. Because as sure as God made little apples, he'll be out. Three years tops. And he'll be back.