45Doll

NJ2AS Initiates Sweeney Recall?

Enough zombies get elected from both parties to contradict this belief, which has become the theme song for the NJ Republican Party.

It's hard to believe that in a state with 7 million residents you can't find someone ambitious and attractive enough to run in every district. Perhaps the reason they don't want to run is they refuse to be thrown to the wolves, or party leadership is lacking.

In any event you wouldn't want to put too many resources in, say, Hudson Cty. but we should have been able to win a few of those very close elections. 

you would think....but the last few elections, i've had no choices fairly often. some were evil, or eviler. some made me wanna puke. some, there just was no competition. at all.

i've actually posted in the past asking how we go about finding decent candidates. it was close to crickets in there.

Perhaps, after everybody cools off tonight, cooler heads will prevail.

May i suggest that the thread be segmented so as to enable those that want to chat about the 5-W's of the Recall the ability to do so.  Please Mods, segment the thread a few posts back before it started getting "Girthly" with CC politics won't you?  Pushing it (the entire recall thread) over here where Fudds and Pansies never tread does nothing for our 2A cause.  Leave the politics and name calling and juvenile behavior over here.  Restore the rest so 2A Leaders can disseminate info to the masses and please put the edited thread back up where we're constantly reminded to come to grips with the battle for our right to bear arms.  Thank you!

Dave

OK..... back into Gun Law discussion.....

Keep on topic......  Sweeney Recall and the NJ2AS.....

If it becomes just politics...... it will go back

If I see 1 CC jab at his appearance ..... it will go back....

You want to be treated like adults...... act like adults

OK..... back into Gun Law discussion.....

Keep on topic......  Sweeney Recall and the NJ2AS.....

If it becomes just politics...... it will go back

If I see 1 CC jab at his appearance ..... it will go back....

You want to be treated like adults...... act like adults

Thanks Troy!

Now if we can just get the Keyboard Commandos off their respective asses to get things done, instead of regurgitating unread threads and selling guns they just bought because they look cooler than they can shoot them....

and they'll still vote for him if they're told to.

that said.....i gotta ask again. who can we get to replace him? who can we get to run against him in 2017? how do we find a decent candidate? we need to find that before we can really do anything else.

That's the #1 problem. Someone needs to step up as a viable candidate.

But no, they don't vote for him. They hand out papers for him or sign a book saying they will. But honestly he's had the district locked up for so long the unions don't do it there. They get sent to cherry hill on rt 70

Newtonian, I certainly agree with you on the merit of a get-out-the-vote strategy to attempt to create a more favorable political climate for our side.  But how is it going to work even if we are successful, but are faced with a Democratic governor?

In either case, I think an effort to recall Sweeney could be productive.  I know what you mean about pro-gun people being abrasive and giving us a bad image.  (See my notes on the gun violence forum in Bergen County last month.)  But I think this is different.  This is a case of using the political process to shift things in our favor.  

I've also said that we have only until Christie leaves office. After that the only legislative recourse will be achieving a veto-proof majority, which would be impossible. And even if we did, if history is any indication nothing would happen. We actually had a veto-proof majority in 1993 but the Republicans reneged on every single promise except to repeal the tax on yachts. Now that took real courage don't you think?

Ahoy matey!

I've been pushing for get-out-the-vote in vulnerable districts since long before the last election. Since then we've stumbled in all directions, wasting precious time and resources on Shaneen, Almeida, the guy in Fredon, the pet food store fellow, Sweeney, SAPPA, Apply to Be Denied, etc.

Not that those were not good causes, but they were distractions to our ultimate goal of replacing ten or so vulnerable legislators. We now have exactly five months to do that. 

In other words it won't get done; it's over. 

I've also said that we have only until Christie leaves office. After that the only legislative recourse will be achieving a veto-proof majority, which would be impossible. And even if we did, if history is any indication nothing would happen. We actually had a veto-proof majority in 1993 but the Republicans reneged on every single promise except to repeal the tax on yachts. Now that took real courage don't you think?

Ahoy matey!

I've been pushing for get-out-the-vote in vulnerable districts since long before the last election. Since then we've stumbled in all directions, wasting precious time and resources on Shaneen, Almeida, the guy in Fredon, the pet food store fellow, Sweeney, SAPPA, etc. We now have exactly five months. 

In other words it's over. 

but what does one do when there is no option in those districts? there more than likely are enough people pissed at how things are going.....but when there is no one to vote for to replace the #$%stains...........we need to find viable candidates even before the get out and vote thing. in fact, i'd venture that the lack of viable candidates is exactly why so many people don't go vote.

but what does one do when there is no option in those districts? there more than likely are enough people pissed at how things are going.....but when there is no one to vote for to replace the #$%stains...........we need to find viable candidates even before the get out and vote thing. in fact, i'd venture that the lack of viable candidates is exactly why so many people don't go vote.

Are you saying that democrats ran unopposed? Funny, I saw a Republican on every district ballot the 9-10 times I've visited that website.

Also, are you saying that someone who lost 11,300 to 10,900 (I'm making this figure up but there were one or two like that) was not a viable, competitive candidate? A 28,000 to 25,000 loser is not viable? 

People voted for Republicans in contested districts did they not? The point of getting the vote out is to get MORE of us and MORE like-minded individuals to vote. To tip the scales. To steal the elections in other words, 100% legally.

Just because someone is republican doesn't make them a good candidate

This is just a lame excuse for people not going out to vote.

"I would have got an A but the teacher was a prick, the dog ate my homework, and my great grandmother died."

I see this as somewhat possible in races that are foregone conclusions. To avoid the embarrassment of not fielding an opponent. I can't believe that there were no decent candidates in all those close races back in 2013. It's inconceivable that in a competitive election they couldn't find a single person with the ego, ambition, and qualifications, or who simply for monetary reasons would turn down this for a prestigious part-time job:

Members of the NJ General Assembly receive an annual base salary of $49,000 with the Senate President and the Assembly Speaker earning slightly more.[1]Members receive $110,000 for staff salaries. In addition, they receive 12,500 postage stamps, stationery and a telephone card. They receive New Jersey State health insurance and other benefits. The total cost to the State of New Jersey for each member of the general assembly is approximately $200,000 annually.

Not to mention the follow-on quid pro quo a lawyer, accountant, etc. benefits even after he's out of office.

Regardless, how many times do people hold their noses and vote for the lesser of two evils?

Could somebody please find/post the procedure for replacing a recalled NJ State Senator? Thanks.

Edit: I found it: http://bit.ly/1DKtqnb

1. 160 days to get 25% of district's voters to sign a petition

2. Recall election scheduled, held

3. If recall fails brace yourself for spiteful 2017 legislation

4. If recall succeeds Sweeney is very likely to win the recall election given his margins of victory the last few times

5. If recall succeeds and Sweeney loses the recall election 1) he doesn't necessarily go away, 2) a democrat is likely to win the election to replace him and 3) we will likely get a democrat senate prez who's far worse.

These are the likely scenarios. If anyone can come up with anything more reasonable let's see it. Think it through, don't just call me names.

Bottom line: You wanna waste your time for these likely outcomes go right ahead.

Note: My estimate of eight months for the entire process was a very good guess. 

Yes people voting is important. But do you think it's only republicans that don't vote?

C'mon. We'd obviously not target housing projects and old folks homes, hand out fliers outside a teachers convention, or waste our time in hopeless or locked-in Red districts. We'd go through the sporting goods and gun shops of select districts with vulnerable legislators. Most of the effort could occur under the radar screen. They wouldn't know what hit them.

so when this fails, and it will..i guess we will all get what we get right? sometimes, it's better to let things lie...now you made the guy that can make things happen remember . When he or the next dem is governor, we will be screwed harder than any other state.

I don't understand why the nj2as doesn't try positive work with dem incumbents like sponsoring a shooting day for people, or strategic meetings behind the scenes...donations and what not.

or

court action  

instead they do this

thanks a bunch

so when this fails, and it will..i guess we will all get what we get right? sometimes, it's better to let things lie...now you made the guy that can make things happen remember . When he or the next dem is governor, we will be screwed harder than any other state.

I don't understand why the nj2as doesn't try positive work with dem incumbents like sponsoring a shooting day for people, or strategic meetings behind the scenes...donations and what not.

or

court action  

instead they do this

thanks a bunch

As I demonstrated every outcome of this recall leads to shit. The only silver lining, if you enjoy such things, consists of pure spite and revenge. I enjoy watching bad guys slip on banana peels as much as anybody, but I prefer strategies that advance my interests not hurt them.

I've suggested get-togethers as well, educational exchanges, range days, etc.; the secret meetings are a great idea. This recall is the last nail in the coffin of conciliation, however. It was bad enough before with all these "patriots" ranting and raving at hearings. At this juncture they hate us, pure and simple. We might as well be the KKK. 

Evvvverryyyy body has great ideas, but few act on them. As usual, the naysayers come out of the wood work as people who have great ideas, but do little to implement them, then criticise people who are acting. Such is life. Keep up the fight, NJ2AS!

As I demonstrated every outcome of this recall leads to shit. The only silver lining, if you enjoy such things, consists of pure spite and revenge. I enjoy watching bad guys slip on banana peels as much as anybody, but I prefer strategies that advance my interests not hurt them.

I've suggested get-togethers as well, educational exchanges, range days, etc.; the secret meetings are a great idea. This recall is the last nail in the coffin of conciliation, however. It was bad enough before with all these "patriots" ranting and raving at hearings. At this juncture they hate us, pure and simple. We might as well be the KKK.