45Doll

NJ2AS Initiates Sweeney Recall?

And for every Debbie downer like you that won't pitch in and help he's a little more secure in that seat. Instead, though, if we get all of you to help, we can unseat him and send a message to the rest!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excuse me for actually thinking something through before acting. It was clear to me from two comments he made at the meeting in Newton last Wednesday that Roubian has not thought this through. First he said Sweeney was "vulnerable" which is ludicrous. Please educate yourself by examining the results of the 2013 election here

When I interrupted to challenge him on the use of that word he held up a bunch of papers that would allegedly prove that Sweeney won a squeaker in 2013. A bluff. 

Then Roubian said that the entire recall process, including installing and swearing in Sweeney's successor, would take three months. I have demonstrated in these forums that it's more like eight months given the succession of events that must occur.

The pro-recall gang seems to believe that doing anything is always better than doing nothing. I say that it's far better to channel your resources towards things that are within the realm of feasibility, that are sure to bring desirable outcomes. 

You guys keep forgetting. There is a fear factor. If he gets recalled successfully, anyone filling his shoes or other, will have the fear in them also. May make people think.

This is my whole thing. I'm for recalling politicians who don't do their job. I'm for recalling this one. I just need to know who's running. Because there are worse options then Sweeney

But still no answer. Let's say he gets recalled and Walter Hudson the race baiter from my area somehow gets in. He runs for every election he can and is in doctrine 3. Then what. It's a simple question that I need to know before I go forward.

so in other words, we have no clue who to run against him.....but lets get the recall started anyway. yea. that's a fucking fantastic plan. if it gets to that point of voting, we'll either be stuck with a vindictive jackwagon, or we'll end up with someone so bad to replace him, that we'll wish he were still there.

fucking fantastic plan.

Were you at the NJ2AS meeting last week where they explained the strategy?  Have you been to any NJ2AS meetings this year?

Because if not, don't start talking trash against the plan without knowing anything about it.

Vulnerable legislators are precisely who we should be going after, and through the election process not through recall. Instead we're picking on a guy who won by 6,000 votes, 54-45%. You don't think the others would crap themselves if they saw 3-4-5 democrats lose due to get-out-the-vote efforts by gun guys??

I don't see any reason why we can't do both.  I know you cited limited resources, and certainly that's true.  But we could knock off the legwork part of the Sweeney recall plan (i.e. gathering signatures on the petition) in short order, then switch over to a get-out-the-vote effort.  I believe that several people acknowledged at last week's meeting that both are viable strategies.  

You guys keep forgetting. There is a fear factor. If he gets recalled successfully, anyone filling his shoes or other, will have the fear in them also. May make people think.

I was under the impression that recalls were for malfeasance, not for passing "bad" legislation. Tightening gun laws may qualify as malfeasance in Colorado. It's another day at the office in New Jersey.

They need signatures from 25% of registered voters. 56,000 votes cast/35% participation rate means they need to get about 40,000 signatures. That's a lot of signatures, a lot of contact time that could be better spent calling NRA/US2AS/NJ2AS members in "vulnerable" districts, visiting ranges and gun shops, engaging them to speak with customers/members, and talking to voters. 

By the way Roubian, who told us last Wednesday that the entire process would only take three months, was quoted by the 2nd or 3rd poster in this thread as saying that the Sweeney recall has been "three years in the making."

So which is it, three years or three months?

Wasted time, wasted effort, wasted $$$.

One more point. You pro-recall guys all seem to have advanced degrees in psychology. You know that someone's gonna shit his or her pants because of this. It's a foregone conclusion. Unfortunately the person who soils his drawers in the unlikely event you succeed will not be the NJ Senate President, but whoever replaces Sweeney in the senate. If they select someone who won by 20,000 votes instead of 6,000, are you going to try to recall them as well? Are you satisfied with recalling one democrat every 4-5 years? Is this what you're pinning your hopes on?

Were you at the NJ2AS meeting last week where they explained the strategy?  Have you been to any NJ2AS meetings this year?

Because if not, don't start talking trash against the plan without knowing anything about it.

I don't see any reason why we can't do both.  I know you cited limited resources, and certainly that's true.  But we could knock off the legwork part of the Sweeney recall plan (i.e. gathering signatures on the petition) in short order, then switch over to a get-out-the-vote effort.  I believe that several people acknowledged at last week's meeting that both are viable strategies.  

i have absolutely ZERO chance of making the north jersey meetings. when they happen down here, i'm generally still at work.

also, to be honest, i didn't renew my membership due to the bs going on between a couple of the guys.

Roubian acknowledged it, yes, for the sole purpose of shutting me up. 

We can't and won't do both. We will do neither, and we'll be in a bigger hole than ever as a result.

Moved to General Discussion.  Gonna keep it out of the premier member only forum for now.

why would this go to the premier member only section ?

That's where political stuff belongs actually, he's correct as per forum rules.

this is more about our impending 2A rights than politics when it gets down to it. dont hide it for VIP veiwing only, any gun rights discussion should be for all to see and participate. 

As per Newtonian, we should all just give up. Obviously there is nothing that can be accomplished in this endeavor except move out of state. Case closed!

As per Newtonian, we should all just give up. Obviously there is nothing that can be accomplished in this endeavor except move out of state. Case closed!

i don't think he's saying to give up and do nothing. i think he's trying to point out that the efforts being spent are aimed at the wrong target.

I live in district 3. I instruct in district 3. How the heck can I get people to sign on without a candidate to say is running against him?

'cause you're supposed to follow nj2as blindly?

and i don't mean that as "talking crap" about them........shawn's right.

holy shit......did i REALLY just say that??

I live in district 3. I instruct in district 3. How the heck can I get people to sign on without a candidate to say is running against him?

I nominate Shawn Moore as our new District 3 Republican candidate for state senate! :lol:

Really the next candidate dosent matter. As long as the current office holders across the state realize this will happen to them too. If they continue to follow Loretta Wineberg in her quest to disarm law abiding new jersey citizens.

I nominate Shawn Moore as our new District 3 Republican candidate for state senate! :lol: Really the next candidate dosent matter. As long as the current office holders across the state realize this will happen to them too. If they continue to follow Loretta Wineberg in her quest to disarm law abiding new jersey citizens.

Second, all in favor?

i don't think he's saying to give up and do nothing. i think he's trying to point out that the efforts being spent are aimed at the wrong target.

That's fine but I see nothing positive come out of him. I'm the kind of person that will not criticize other people's efforts without having a better idea myself. So when he starts a new thread with rock solid ideas that he's ready to lead with, then I'll give him slack. Hard to have any faith in him with nothing but negativity and a commie puke as his avatar. I still think he's an anti 2a spy sent here to break us down. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vulnerable legislators are precisely who we should be going after, and through the election process not through recall. Instead we're picking on a guy who won by 6,000 votes, 54-45%. You don't think the others would crap themselves if they saw 3-4-5 democrats lose due to get-out-the-vote efforts by gun guys??

They'd absolutely crap their adult diapers if they say the low hanging fruit lose their seats.  That would get their attention.

I think with the recalls, if the recall gets enough signatures to proceed, it will make them at least think.  Especially if it's Sweeney that got recalled.  It will also make them spend money if there's actually someone that opposes them in the recall.  They won't like that much.

But a risk of a recall is if it fails to get signatures. That could embolden them.  So if you're gonna do a recall, ya have to get it done.

They'd absolutely crap their adult diapers if they say the low hanging fruit lose their seats.  That would get their attention.

I think with the recalls, if the recall gets enough signatures to proceed, it will make them at least think.  Especially if it's Sweeney that got recalled.  It will also make them spend money if there's actually someone that opposes them in the recall.  They won't like that much.

But a risk of a recall is if it fails to get signatures. That could embolden them.  So if you're gonna do a recall, ya have to get it done.

We also lose the element of surprise with a recall. A true grassroots get-the-vote-out effort could operate, at least at the beginning, in stealth mode. They'd eventually find out, one would hope after it's too late for them.

That's fine but I see nothing positive come out of him. I'm the kind of person that will not criticize other people's efforts without having a better idea myself. So when he starts a new thread with rock solid ideas that he's ready to lead with, then I'll give him slack. Hard to have any faith in him with nothing but negativity and a commie puke as his avatar. I still think he's an anti 2a spy sent here to break us down. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i think he's put ideas out there from earlier in this thread.

They'd absolutely crap their adult diapers if they say the low hanging fruit lose their seats. That would get their attention.

I think with the recalls, if the recall gets enough signatures to proceed, it will make them at least think. Especially if it's Sweeney that got recalled. It will also make them spend money if there's actually someone that opposes them in the recall. They won't like that much.

But a risk of a recall is if it fails to get signatures. That could embolden them. So if you're gonna do a recall, ya have to get it done.

I'm all for recalling every single vulnerable dem from the Senate and assembly that has in the past ever supported any anti gun legislation. Districts that these candidates only won by a few hundred votes shouldn't be a problem to flip flop if the recall is successful. It's just a lot of boots on the ground effort to do them all at the same time. If the Sweeney Recall does succeeded, the "low hanging fruit" will think twice about going along with old Loretta when she has an idea.

So nj2as starts a recall

On the most powerful democratic politition in the state

And as usual

Has no plan other than recall

Typical

Way to make us look stupid

Really the next candidate dosent matter. As long as the current office holders across the state realize this will happen to them too. If they continue to follow Loretta Wineberg in her quest to disarm law abiding new jersey citizens.

There's your answer.

That's a bull crap answer. Why don't you have a candidate ready to engage the process? Did you really speak to the Colorado people? Doesn't seem that well planned out.

So what if you win?

Loretta Weinberg is waiting to be senate president and will thank you for removing the real power in her way

Again, poor planning, poor understanding of New Jersey politics and just par for the course for the nj2as

Even frank flamingo was t this stupid