Paltik

Mayweather vs Pacquiao

I had it 8-5 for Manny. Several rounds were close & hard to score. What was evident to me was Manny was the agressor for the majority of rounds. He worked Floyd to the ropes for over half the fight. While Manny may not have landed more punches the ones he did land were more effective.

Floyd ran most of the fight and fought a great defensive fight but that doesn't equate to winning in my book.

Sorry to all the nonboxing fans who tuned in. Boxing is MUCH better than this.

If you have HBO tune into Cannello vs Kirkland next week or catch any of Triple G's fights. Those will be MUCH better.

I watched it at some brew house in cherry hill. $60 for my wife and I to walk in the door. Bastards. But unless pacman knocked Floyd out he wasn't winning.

We thought about going out. Either PJs in Cherry Hill or Champs in Marlton. With the 20-30 cover it was cheaper to get it on PPV.

Either way it's not something I would do again but my wife really wanted to see the fight.

I had it 8-5 for Manny. Several rounds were close & hard to score. What was evident to me was Manny was the agressor for the majority of rounds. He worked Floyd to the ropes for over half the fight. While Manny may not have landed more punches the ones he did land were more effective.

Floyd ran most of the fight and fought a great defensive fight but that doesn't equate to winning in my book.

Sorry to all the nonboxing fans who tuned in. Boxing is MUCH better than this.

If you have HBO tune into Cannello vs Kirkland next week or catch any of Triple G's fights. Those will be MUCH better.

I wonder if you watched a different fight than I did. Floyd didn't run, he boxed. He stood right in front of him and manny still couldn't hit him. It was a boxing lesson. I thought it was a great fight and extremely entertaining. Did anyone notice jimmy kimball dressed up like Justin beaber when he walked out with manny. I thought it was funny as hell.

I wonder if you watched a different fight than I did. Floyd didn't run, he boxed. He stood right in front of him and manny still couldn't hit him. It was a boxing lesson. I thought it was a great fight and extremely entertaining. Did anyone notice jimmy kimball dressed up like Justin beaber when he walked out with manny. I thought it was funny as hell.

I have to say, you're part of the 10% I hear saying that Pac shouldn't have won that fight.

I have to say, you're part of the 10% I hear saying that Pac shouldn't have won that fight.

PAC didn't win the fight, but mayweather did run most of the match. He also held anytime he got in trouble. I've never seen a boxer run and hold so much. He is a heck of a counter puncher, I'll give him that. And he did win, but he did it by running and holding the shit out of Manny. To the previous poster who said he stood right on front of Manny, you need to get your eyes checked. Mayweather is the most boring "fighter" I've ever seen.

Nah, pac lost from the beginning. Mayweather fought a defensive/evasive match while landing hits constantly. Not heavy hits mind you. This is why I like watching Mayweather, he fights tactically.

Judges had it right...Pacman lost most every round.

Agreed.  My GF and I were in NYC.  Found a bar that was charging $30 apiece and watched the whole card.  (Some were charging A LOT more.)

We left the moment the fight ended, and did not even bother to stick around to hear the judges' scorecards, as we were exhausted by that point and the result was obvious.  

Mayweather is a master tactician.  I have not seen many of his fights, but I find it somewhat surprising that he can make so much money, 

given that he is so boring to watch.  

The highlight of the night for us was watching my brother-in-law judge the first televised fight.  He was in the "television seat" on the side where the cameras are mostly focused.  That might have been the best fight of the night, and with an 8th round KO, my BIL did not even have to post a scorecard. 

Agreed.  My GF and I were in NYC.  Found a bar that was charging $30 apiece and watched the whole card.  (Some were charging A LOT more.)

We left the moment the fight ended, and did not even bother to stick around to hear the judges' scorecards, as we were exhausted by that point and the result was obvious.  

Mayweather is a master tactician.  I have not seen many of his fights, but I find it somewhat surprising that he can make so much money, 

given that he is so boring to watch.  

The highlight of the night for us was watching my brother-in-law judge the first televised fight.  He was in the "television seat" on the side where the cameras are mostly focused.  That might have been the best fight of the night, and with an 8th round KO, my BIL did not even have to post a scorecard. 

Agreed 100%...I had Pacquiao winning only 2 rounds.

However the highlight of the night for me was when Mayweather came out with the Burger King ;)

screen%20shot%202015-05-05%20at%204.10.1

And there is a lawsuit going out to give everyone their money back for paying the $100 pay per view..so they say

On what grounds?

"Didn't find it sufficiently entertaining" isn't going to fly.

They new he was injured before the fight. It wasn't really fair to charge so much money for a fight with an injured fighter. I would have still watched it, but I feel I should have been informed.

No comments on jimmy kimball making fun of beiber. I thought that was some funny shit.

They new he was injured before the fight. It wasn't really fair to charge so much money for a fight with an injured fighter. I would have still watched it, but I feel I should have been informed.

No comments on jimmy kimball making fun of beiber. I thought that was some funny shit.

Exactly what his first paragraph says is what people are trying to sue for.