SJG

IWB Holsters Which Are Best

Check out Titan Concealment. He's a vendor on here. Nice stuff.

That said, do you want Kydex, leather, or a hybrid? Although I have no personal experience with them, the Garrity holsters have great reviews and are well built.

I have a G-Code OWB paddle and the quality is awesome as well as the customer service.

When I look at another IWB holster, it will be either a Titan or one from a company called Keyhole Holsters. The Keyhole are sharp looking with a leather back and Kydex front.

Good luck. A LOT of options out there.

Some random thoughts:

1. Make sure you have a proper belt. I think that's more important than holster selection

2. For what gun? For anything larger than a subcompact (say 4" barrel or longer), I like using holsters with 2 clips/attachment points, instead of single clip kydex holsters. It helps to distribute the weight and bulk of the gun across a wider area. Single clip will be more convenient if you find yourself putting the holster on and taking it off frequently for whatever reason. I have a kydex single clip from an eBay seller (Ted Cori?) designated as my "answering the doorbell after 9pm holster".

3. My usual carry gun (hard to say "usual" with a straight face given the infrequency) is a Shield with a PJ Holster kydex holster with a "deep concealment" configuration. The gun sits low and set with a 30 degree cant. I can easily conceal my Shield with the extended 8 round mag. Most holsters are set with a 15 degree cant as standard, but I find I need greater cant to keep the handle from printing. I have an Alien Gear cloak tuck 2.0 hybrid for the Shield, but I'm not too crazy about it. In order to get the extreme cant that I like, the gun sits up really high. Also, I'm not very confident in the retention. I'd love to experiment more with leather/kydex hybrids, but I don't carry enough at this point to justify the effort.

While I prefer Kydex for competition, as far as all day carry goes, my money is spent on quality leather. I think there is no finer IWB holster than a Milt Sparks Versa Max II. I own four of them and have carried everything from a lightweight CCO (pictured) to a full-size P220R. Expensive? Moderately so. Long lead time? Again, moderately so - but worth every penny and day of wait time.

Sparks has great customer service and accurate ETA's on when you can expect your holster. There are a few stocking dealers - the most prominent of which is Top Gun Supply.

One word of caution - imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and almost all custom makers have holsters that resemble the VM II, but the small differences between them and the real thing, make all the difference in real world use.

4jrhtv.jpg

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By Maksim
      As I am getting a bunch of these emails I wanted to put a central place for gun related deals out there.
      If you are looking for a quality holster, now is a good time to shop at Crossbreed.
      Starting today through Saturday the 24th.
      Starting today, all Founder's Series holsters are 25% off.  
      On Wednesday the 21st, Designer Series holsters will be added to the 25% off. Finally, on Friday, Ankle holsters will be added with 40% off!

Visit CrossBreed Here
    • By Shane45
      I believe High Exposure, myself and a few others have warned about Serpa's, despite the outcry from Blackhawk fans. I thought I would pass along some official findings.

https://www.fletc.gov/sites/default/files/imported_files/reference/public-information/freedom-of-information-act-foia/reading-room/training-information/holisterStudy.pdf

• By SpacemanFry
      Anyone know of any local stores that carry competition accessories like belts, holsters, mag pouches etc?
    • We never let then inside.  Last re-evaluation was 6-7 years ago, wife politely told him that he was welcome to look around the property and he could look in the windows. He saw two white resin chairs in the basement and told her that this constituted a finished basement. And everything in the basement is bare concrete/ cinder block, and mechanical systems. Nothing finished about it. Ultimately he relented and I'm sure that was a ploy to coerce us to allow him in
    • I use an Alien Gear cloak tuck (IWB) with my Shield.  Neoprene back - in the summer it does feel warm but doesn't rub or chafe.   https://aliengearholsters.com/ruger-lcp-iwb-holster.html Could also go with the shapeshift as it has multiple options - OWB/IWB, Appendix... https://aliengearholsters.com/ruger-lcp-shapeshift-modular-holster-system.html
    • The  12-1 compression ratio L88 is long gone. This is GM's updated version. it might be  pump gas 10-1 engine The L88 was a aluminum head  cast iron block engine with a nasty solid lifter cam. the  ZL1 was a all aluminum  12 or 13-1 compression ratio engine with the best forged internal parts at the time and had a even nastier solid lifter cam 
    • I like my regular carry holster.  OWB leather with belt slots.  I've been carrying for over a year and it was comfortable and I hardly even noticed it.  I carry (usually) a Ruger LCP .380 - light, convenient, tiny. But...today I ended up taking it off an leaving it home after a few hours. I cut down a big maple tree a few days ago and I spent 3/4 of today loading and unloading firewood into the back of my truck and a trailer.  It was a warm day, I was dirty, tired, sweaty, and my holster was rubbing against my side.  The leather and exposed metal snap was no longer comfortable. I'm thinking about adding a layer of something to that part of the holster to soften the contact.  Anything insulating will make it worse.  I don't want a sweaty, hotter holster against my skin.  I'm imagining something thin, breathable, that won't absorb sweat, and softer than leather, metal snaps, and rivets.   But I have no idea what would work. I'm hoping somebody else has already figured this out and I can just do what they did. Any suggestions appreciated.
    • Check the primers on the ammo you didn't shoot yet. Are they fully seated? If the primer is not just below flush with the back of the case, the first hit can seat it better then the second hit ignites it.