Sign in to follow this  
Barms

Oregon mom's online posts

So lots of juicy posts from Oregon mom in the past about guns. The articles say "posts online from an account linked to her email address". So you think investigators or media just googled her email address and her prior postings turned up because somewhere in the past she posted her email address?

Or do you think the investigators have a way of finding anonymous postings via the hidden email behind it? Or let me cut to the chase: I will just pick a random name here. If Carl-G (sorry bro) went psycho... But Carl NEVER EVER posted his email address on this site, but they got a hold of his email address can they link it to this site?

I was just wondering what "online postings from an email linked to her" meant. I mean I know if the Feds seize the computer they know all. But I doubt they took moms computer.

Yep if you think ANYTHING you post ANYWHERE is private or can't be traced back to you, you don't understand what you are doing.

People need to keep that in mind when they beat their chest or talk shit on the internet. There is no such thing as privacy online, and every stupid thing you say can and probably be used against you in a court.

It depends entirely where your posting. An IP can be traced practically anywhere but an email address has to be publicly linked to you for someone to do a simple search and actually find you. Places like Facebook and twitter. make it very easy to find someone if you use an email adress. If you typed in my email address I don't think this forum would show up.

Also, do not doubt they took moms computer at all. But they also wouldn't be a liberty to share the info on it. Everything that's been found was from simple internet searches.