Zeke

Liberty university president tells students to get armed

The dorms are gun free zones. That makes perfect sense but he should not have let that part make it to the media!

BRAVO for his decision though!

Why, cause of a party or sumtin? We want RESPONSBLE gun owners. Lock that shit up yo

College dorms are where the kids party to the extreme! Alcohol, drugs, college kids experimenting and often visit friends in other dorms for parties, etc...

It's not just the 21+ CCW holders that would likely have access to guns improperly stored in the dorm rooms! One stupid incident where an innocent kid gets shot

on that campus will bring on a firestorm of anti gun media that WILL hurt our cause!!! Since it was legally purchased and belonged to a CCW holder!!!

College dorms are where the kids party to the extreme! Alcohol, drugs, college kids experimenting and often visit friends in other dorms for parties, etc...

It's not just the 21+ CCW holders that would likely have access to guns improperly stored in the dorm rooms! One stupid incident where an innocent kid gets shot

on that campus will bring on a firestorm of anti gun media that WILL hurt our cause!!! Since it was legally purchased and belonged to a CCW holder!!!

Most women in college get raped in their dorms.

Please sir, if they can vote shouldn't they be able to protect their lives?

Most women in college get raped in their dorms.

Please sir, if they can vote shouldn't they be able to protect their lives?

Sure!  Why not!!!  Oh, and without any restrictions of any kind of course!!! 

When they repeal ALL CCW permits in the USA, it will be called "The Liberty Dorm Amendment" which shall serve to repeal the 2nd Amendment! 

Let's face it! The 21+ year old's buy the booze for their younger classmates and often charge them to attend a booze party in their room either on or off campus! 

If there are no restrictions and you throw a loaded weapon on a nightstand at that party, someone will eventually die! 

I praise Liberty for being smart in allowing and promoting CCW on their campus!!!  I also applaud their common sense decision to NOT allow the guns in the dorms.

I do however disagree with making that dorm restriction public knowledge as well as the placement of any sort of  "gun free zone " signs on the dorm buildings!!

I do sir know an awful lot of people who can vote, but are otherwise complete idiots, morons and convicted Felons! Felons are allowed to vote in most states

including the PRNJ! Shall we give them guns as well???? Hell, Vermont and Maine allow ALL convicted Felons, even those still in prison the right to vote! I think the prison guards up there might

get pissed if you allowed their inmates to protect themselves with guns just because they can vote!!!!

At some point, people are responsible for themselves, their actions and judgements.

They teach firearms training at the college for free. I would hope proper securing is part of that education.

Are you ok with off campus housing? Not all students party like rockstars.

What you are saying is the exact opposite of nj scheme, I can protect myself at home here, not outside.

You are saying they should be able to protect themselves outside, not at home?

Voting is a right, even if you are an idiot

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/27/liberty-university-to-allow-handguns-in-dorms-next-fall.html?intcmp=hplnws

Next Fall Semester at Liberty University, students with CCW permits in VA will be able to keep their firearm in their dorms.  Looks like the school will provide either safes or a secure location for safes to store the weapons when not being carried.

Sounds like a great plan so far.

My son goes there and it's great when we visit him and I carry the entire time while on/off campus. They [even] have free conceal carry courses and encourage being LEGALLY armed.

My daughter is looking at schools.  If they have her program, this may be a good choice.

It's a HUGE school and I'm pretty sure they'll have what you're looking for---However, apply for scholarships now, it ain't a cheap school.

Yeah, it has her major.  Criminal Psych.

Tuition and fees look like $32K per year.  Not too bad compared to some other schools.  But still a lot of dough.

Yeah, it has her major.  Criminal Psych.

Tuition and fees look like $32K per year.  Not too bad compared to some other schools.  But still a lot of dough.

Plus room and board, plus food, plus books---college is the next bubble to burst. BTW, when we went out to dinner down there, our waitress was in her senior year for criminal investigation and was working in Richmond on weekends as intern...