Sign in to follow this  
ChrisJM981

FPID Change of Address

When I went to apply for a change of address for my FPID I was required to go through the initial application process (SP-66, STS-33, and fingerprinting by MorphoTheft). Would this cut out waiting for the hoplophobic PD of the previous town I lived in to send over any information?

I live in a firearm friendly location, but I'm starting to wonder what the holdup is.

Previous town is supposed to forward all your records which include a copy of all pistol permits filed with them...

Why would they require a copy of all pistol permits? I thought we didn't have registration in NJ?

Your new town also will contact your old town to make sure your FPID card wasn't revoked for some reason or that there isn't some pending legal issue you neglected to tell them about. (since a pending matter might not show up in your records until after a conviction).

Here is a question on the same subject. I moved two towns over, as required I submitted the change of address paperwork for the FPID, I also requested a permit to purchase a hand gun(Would be my second),I figured might as well since I was filling out the paperwork.

Its been almost three months and the PD has not sent me any information. I called them 3 weeks ago to ask for a status, their reply was that the State Police had not responded back with their check. What should I do next? my home address does not match my FPID address and I'm concerned if I go to the range while the addresses don't match.

Man I love my town. Raritan twp did require me to fill out all the paperwork again but no fingerprints. The dispatcher told me my new FID would be ready in 2 weeks. I got a call 3 days later and it was ready. I procrastinated for almost 2 years and it only took 3 days LOL

Here is a question on the same subject. I moved two towns over, as required I submitted the change of address paperwork for the FPID, I also requested a permit to purchase a hand gun(Would be my second),I figured might as well since I was filling out the paperwork.

Its been almost three months and the PD has not sent me any information. I called them 3 weeks ago to ask for a status, their reply was that the State Police had not responded back with their check. What should I do next? my home address does not match my FPID address and I'm concerned if I go to the range while the addresses don't match.

It seems that the NJSP are the rate limiting factor here, since I have no local PD I have to go through the NJSP.  They seem to take 5 months for any request, whether it is a change of address or P2P.  I don't have anything to recommend except to do what I do and call every week or every other week just to make sure hey know you are on top of it.

In your case you may be able to call the Firearms Investigation of the NJSP to see where the delay is, but like I said they seem to be the rate limiting factor.

It seems even NJSP are inconsistent. Sgt. Hollar out of Augusta is great. He called my references within 2 hours of dropping off my FPID address change application. It still took the boys in Trenton over 2 months, but 5 months! You have a local problem too.

Go on the governors website and file a complaint. I also turn my stuff in straight to NJSP, and after 4 months I called, and I was told it would be another 3-4. Unacceptable. I went on Christie's website and filed a complaint. 3 days later I got an email saying it was being looked into. 4 hours after that, NJSP called and said my permits were ready. Right after I got mine, I saw a post on here complaining they had waited 7+ months and their pd was giving them the run around. Told the person to file a complaint like I did. 2 days later they got the call that their permits were done. Make your governor put the pressure on NJSP and your local pd to get their shit together.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/79378-help-needed-with-fid-delays/

Go on the governors website and file a complaint. I also turn my stuff in straight to NJSP, and after 4 months I called, and I was told it would be another 3-4. Unacceptable. I went on Christie's website and filed a complaint. 3 days later I got an email saying it was being looked into. 4 hours after that, NJSP called and said my permits were ready. Right after I got mine, I saw a post on here complaining they had waited 7+ months and their pd was giving them the run around. Told the person to file a complaint like I did. 2 days later they got the call that their permits were done. Make your governor put the pressure on NJSP and your local pd to get their shit together.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/79378-help-needed-with-fid-delays/

Thanks for the info, I will do so first thing tomorrow!  I have sent the governor as well as my local state representatives an email but I don't know if it helped or not.  

Thanks for the info, I will also need to go that route. I called the NJSP and they just transferred me to another extension that dropped the call. Isn't the law 30 Days?

Also, are they putting me in a illegal situation since the current address does not match the one on the FPID? What happens if I go to the range from my new address and get pulled over?

Thanks for the info, I will also need to go that route. I called the NJSP and they just transferred me to another extension that dropped the call. Isn't the law 30 Days?

Also, are they putting me in a illegal situation since the current address does not match the one on the FPID? What happens if I go to the range from my new address and get pulled over?

The police impound your car and charge you with attempted murder. :facepalm:

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

Got the call today, 3 months later. I was told that I needed to go down to the PD and bring in my passport. The Sergeant said he wanted a copy. Can some point to me where it states in the constitution you need a passport to have the right to the second amendment. Wth is going on?!?!? The BG check came back clean and I will still need to wait another week before they give me my card even though all paperwork is ready. Funny thing is, all this for an address change.

Got the call today, 3 months later. I was told that I needed to go down to the PD and bring in my passport. The Sergeant said he wanted a copy. Can some point to me where it states in the constitution you need a passport to have the right to the second amendment. Wth is going on?!?!? The BG check came back clean and I will still need to wait another week before they give me my card even though all paperwork is ready. Funny thing is, all this for an address change.

Wtf?? what if you don't have a passport?? did you tell them you had a passport, how do they know if you even have one??

I thought about that. His reason for asking was because even though I am a US Citizen and have an FPID with my old address my application states that I Was born in Honduras.  At this point I just want my paperwork, they said it would be ready this week.  Lets see what happens....   I didn't know that according to the Lyndhurst PD there are 2 types of US citizens. I'm curious if there are any other Constitutional rights they would deny me, I came here when I was 6 years old. I'm now in my 40's It must be my Citizenship is not good enough?

I thought about that. His reason for asking was because even though I am a US Citizen and have an FPID with my old address my application states that I Was born in Honduras. At this point I just want my paperwork, they said it would be ready this week. Lets see what happens.... I didn't know that according to the Lyndhurst PD there are 2 types of US citizens. I'm curious if there are any other Constitutional rights they would deny me, I came here when I was 6 years old. I'm now in my 40's It must be my Citizenship is not good enough?

In this state, even if you were born here it would not be good enough.

There is a systemic violation of 2a rights that come all the way from the top down.

I just got my new FID after an address change here in Toms River.  Took almost 8 weeks.  But the clerk informed of the extended time because of an influx of new applicants.  "Its an 6 to 8 week" she said, and i laughed, since my initial card and all my pistol permits only took around 3 weeks here.  Then she said "we are so backed up from Christmas its crazy!  There's over 200 applications on his desk!"  I'm not mad, I'm happy so many are now exercising their rights.  I was cool with waiting since I wasnt in a rush to buy anything.  But now that I have the card I'm itching!  LOL

I thought about that. His reason for asking was because even though I am a US Citizen and have an FPID with my old address my application states that I Was born in Honduras.  At this point I just want my paperwork, they said it would be ready this week.  Lets see what happens....   I didn't know that according to the Lyndhurst PD there are 2 types of US citizens. I'm curious if there are any other Constitutional rights they would deny me, I came here when I was 6 years old. I'm now in my 40's It must be my Citizenship is not good enough?

I would guess many of us here were born outside the US and you are the first case that I heard being asked for a copy of his passport.

I have never moved from one town to another prior to having an FPID. I am currently looking for a new home in neighboring town. Will i still be able to purchase new firearms, ammo, travel with guns etc. during the process of changing my address?

I have never moved from one town to another prior to having an FPID. I am currently looking for a new home in neighboring town. Will i still be able to purchase new firearms, ammo, travel with guns etc. during the process of changing my address?

It's more then 12 years since I ran from NJ and when I moved from Jackson to Lakehurst they asked to see my old one and they kept it. When I asked 2 months later I was told the entire application was trashed because I didn't pay which was BS. Reapplied and 3 months later it was ready BUT they spelled my name wrong, weeks later I finally got it.

Years later while cleaning here in NC I found the original receipt, I called and asked for a refund because it was around $50.00. I was told the woman who was handling the money was fired. Sent it in anyway with an explanation and never heard from them again. LOL

So if they take your card you're beat!

Since you are moving look over the horizon to the west. Do you see that river? Cross it. Then look for a home to live in, and all your questions magically disappear!

• Like 1