gunnarsport

Two more years for 15 round mags...that done??

Finance?  Easy....

Dallas, Minneapolis, Charlotte,  and Florida are all fine places to grow in finance.  Is it as much as NYC? No... but you have significantly less competition too.

Again though, most folks will switch careers a number of times.

The bigger picture stuff is... why place career over your own happiness? 

Why do the woulda, coulda, shoulda.... 

btw... great discussion.

But plenty of folks in finance are also working remotely...

Lots of hedge funds in CA, banks N Carolina.  Even a lot of fund managers moving to Miami.  

I dont think 5 rd can happen, 10 yes. remember they are just proposals- dem wish list- and some are absurd. get what you want and worry about a few 10rd mags later.

Why the jackass in Jersey City is pushing for 5.  

I find the suggestion of moving out of the area because of a potential 15 round magazine ban laughable. If you work in financial services particularly, moving out of the tri-state area would basically amount to career suicide.

Every single bulge bracket investment bank has a major base of operations if not its headquarters in NY. Yes, there are opportunities elsewhere but you will probably be in a undesirable (read low paying) middle/back office role most likely out in Wilmington, DE. JPMC also has significant back office operations in Columbus, OH. However, folks who work in the meat of the business, also known as the money making front office client facing positions...those are all in NY.

I agree JW  Pepper. As much as I enjoying the shooting sports, I will take my family, career and childern's welfare above firearms ANY day of the week! The fact that some here would actually move out of NJ because they

are unhappy with firearms restrictions, leave their friends and families, a great paying secure job/career, pull their childern out of schools they love and leave their friends in the dust, seems very misguided, to me.

I agree JW Pepper. As much as I enjoying the shooting sports, I will take my family, career and childern's welfare above firearms ANY day of the week! The fact that some here would actually move out of NJ because they

are unhappy with firearms restrictions, leave their friends and families, a great paying secure job/career, pull their childern out of schools they love and leave their friends in the dust, seems very misguided, to me.

Well, that's your issue right there. You view it has a sport, not an infringement on your rights.

I don't know if you're a religious person and regularly go to church or temple, but if your right to freely practice your religion as you see fit was restricted, would you just shrug your shoulders and say it's not important to you and others who moved because of it were "misguided"? What about abuse of the 4th Amendment? Would you be ok if the state said we can come into your home any time we want with no warrant to search your house?

Seems a lot of people are ok with infringements on their 2A rights, but not others.

• Like 5

Forget the mag capacity issue if it isn't important to you. There is a list a mile long with good reason to leave NJ. I left and still commute to Manhattan from Jacksonville. Sometimes it's shorter than tunnel traffic.

I also view all of my rights provided under the constitution to be important.

Get off the NJ kool-aid. It's brainwashing at best to think that leaving here is a bad decision. Wait till you see your next tax bill from our future democrat governor. ,

I certainly understand some folks are much more passionate about firearms than me, I GET that! But if my daughter said.."Daddy, why do we have to move, I love my school and all my friends are here". And you respond.."I'm sorry honey, but NJ just banned 15 round magazines, we have no choice, we must move." Sorry, that's not gonna happen. Again, I respect all here, its just one man's opinion!

Wow, somebody better take some time off and do some traveling to see how the other half lives.  I moved to western NJ in 1982 and commuted to eastern Passaic County for 18 years.  It killed me. I would never do it again.  I stayed in NJ for the benefit of family, big mistake.  Had the opportunity to move to FL for work, wife said it would be too hot, big mistake. This state has sucked the life and money out of me.  In hindsight, I cannot tell you how much staying in this area has cost me in time, money, quality of life.  I would leave today, but for now I am anchored here worst than before, another big mistake.  Other family members have moved and all say it is like a breath of fresh air to be gone from this hell hole. I have one friend who lived near me and ran a financial planning business out of his home.  Decided he'd had enough, sold the house, moved to near Branson, MO. Loves it, bigger everything.  Did his business survive?  Yes, in fact it grew greater and faster than his business plan's projections had he stayed in NJ.  

To each his own.  I wish you well, but I do not see NJ surviving another 15 years.  The democratic run 'coast' states are self imploding.  NYC is no longer the "Capital of the World".  I will be gone from here in five years or less, one of three ways, happy, broke, or in a box, but I will be gone.

• Like 1

If your 2A rights and firearms are high on your list of criteria, it's a mistake to think that a mag limit will be your only issue when the next governor is inaugurated.

Unless there is a sea change in the legislature, they are going to drag up every single bill they've dreamed up since Sandy Hook, and then whatever else they can imagine up.

T BILL,

I understand, but everyone's situation is different! NJ is certainly NOT "sucking the life and money out of me." Actually, quite the opposite. I'm financially comfortable, LOVE my job and my home.

So because you personally are financially comfortable and set for life with a job in NJ you need to bash other people for wanting to leave? You do know you are in a unique situation, one of the 1% (unless you have a government job here and need our tax money to keep you employed). For the rest of us, we can be terminated in a day. My area of industry, like the majority, has been shedding thousands of jobs over the last few years, there is no place to go in NJ. It's not about just the mags, it was just one of the final straws.

Pro-active rather than re-active. In 15 years your kids will be grown and established here, you will still not be able to leave. Someone needs the guts to make a stand and break the cycle.

• Like 2

SW9,

I am NOT bashing anybody! I clearly stated the everyone's situation is different and its just MY opinion. Where do you come up with the 1%?? Did you just pull that out of a hat? Do you have statistics to back up that claim?

I certainly understand some folks are much more passionate about firearms than me, I GET that! But if my daughter said.."Daddy, why do we have to move, I love my school and all my friends are here". And you respond.."I'm sorry honey, but NJ just banned 15 round magazines, we have no choice, we must move." Sorry, that's not gonna happen. Again, I respect all here, its just one man's opinion!

I understand the point you're making, but that was actually pretty funny, and helped to put it into perspective.

Of course, as others have noted, it's not just about mag limits, but about sweeping legislation to curtail gun rights in NJ.  I would bet that most people's response would be similar to yours, that their roots are too deep here to pull up and leave over changes in gun laws.  But others would take that as a last straw and pack up and leave.  There's no right or wrong on this.  Everybody's situation and tolerance are different.

• Like 1

SW9,

I am NOT bashing anybody! I clearly stated the everyone's situation is different and its just MY opinion. Where do you come up with the 1%?? Did you just pull that out of a hat? Do you have statistics to back up that claim?

It sounded like bashing to me, no problems, but you do need to realize that the majority in NJ do not have secure, iron clad, job guarantees.

It's the all the spending here that's driving me away.  And the impending pension crisis.  When the government finally decrees that NJ must fund (and back-fund) our broken pension system. I fear for the amount of taxes are going to have to be raised to meet this.  Like others before have said, adjusting to PA from NJ is should be pretty easy

Yep, because an exodus of voters that support the Second Amendment will increase the likelihood of positive change in NJ...

Don't get me wrong, I know NJ is a cesspool. Is it going to change overnight? Nope. But for every person that says "f*** it," is one less voice. With the amount of gun owner increases in the past 8 years, it is a shame that people cannot come together and move the state in somewhat of a decent direction.

• Like 1

Yep, because an exodus of voters that support the Second Amendment will increase the likelihood of positive change in NJ...

Don't get me wrong, I know NJ is a cesspool. Is it going to change overnight? Nope. But for every person that says "f*** it," is one less voice. With the amount of gun owner increases in the past 8 years, it is a shame that people cannot come together and move the state in somewhat of a decent direction.

The people who like free shit vote.

• Like 1

The people who like free shit vote.

Actually, that may not be strictly true.  A small percentage of people who like free shit vote in overwhelmingly democrat controlled districts and win the electoral colleges.  What I'm wondering is how there can be a district with 15,000 voters, only 3,000 turn up and that carries more weight where you have a district of 10,000 voters and 7,000 turn up.

I wonder if NJ reinstated the popular vote, how that would influence the outcome of past, present and future elections.

Is the ck mark in Mobil the like button? Cause I just hit it like 15 times.

Guns are sport.

The question is what does going from 15-10 do? Will it stop crime?

It sounded like bashing to me, no problems, but you do need to realize that the majority in NJ do not have secure, iron clad, job guarantees.

I don't think he was bashing, only describing his thoughts and situation.  

It's the all the spending here that's driving me away.  And the impending pension crisis.  When the government finally decrees that NJ must fund (and back-fund) our broken pension system. I fear for the amount of taxes are going to have to be raised to meet this.  Like others before have said, adjusting to PA from NJ is should be pretty easy

For almost everything but for the shitty drivers there.