NJGF

Why We Should Carry At Home

Violent Home Invasion

Case Illustrates Threat Posed by Gangs

"Violent gangs pose a significant threat to communities throughout the United States. You don’t have to live in South Central Los Angeles or Chicago’s inner city to feel the impact of gang violence, as a recent case from Washington state illustrates."

"Around 9:30 p.m., a 66-year-old Lakewood man answered a knock at his door and was confronted by the three youths, who forced their way into the home. The gang members had picked the wrong house, but that didn’t matter to them. What happened next was 20 minutes of terror for an innocent couple"

"...they kicked down the locked bedroom door where the couple had barricaded themselves behind their bed. Confronted again by the attackers, the man fired two shots, hitting 19-year-old Taijon Vorhees both times.

At that point, all three robbers fled and drove away"

I don't think one has to carry at home at all times, however if someone is knocking at my door at 9:30pm, I would be hesitant to answer it and if I did, I might have a gun with me!

And if you do watch this

• Like 1

I don't think one has to carry at home at all times, however if someone is knocking at my door at 9:30pm, I would be hesitant to answer it and if I did, I might have a gun with me!

but one should, as it is one of our rights that haven't been stolen yet

bad guys don't aways knock, some times they just kick in a door or break a window. I'd rather carry my gun at home and not need it than need my gun and not have it on me.
  • Like 1

bad guys don't aways knock, some times they just kick in a door or break a window. I'd rather carry my gun at home and not need it than need my gun and not have it on me.

No place to wear it in my underwear.

• Like 2

Shoulder holster.

Just don't shoot yourself on the drawstroke, OK Mr. Goldberg?

Hah! I sure as hell have enuff holsters around. Wore them many years ago. Never had an ad yet. Don't jinx me.

When I've carried at home, it's when I expect to be home for a while.  In those situations so far, it's been open carry.  Mainly because I don't have an IWB holster.  Plus, given I'm not the most experienced guy in terms of carrying/self defense, I think having easier, less complicated access might be a better idea. Plus, the compact 9mm I use isn't all that ..compact.

also, on why it's a good idea.. we've had a number of weekend daytime and evening break ins in our little piece of upper-middle class suburbia here.  Including an incident reported to involve three masks guys apparently looking to steal a guy's driveway parked Ferrari.

.also, on why it's a good idea.. we've had a number of weekend daytime and evening break ins in our little piece of upper-middle class suburbia here.  Including an incident reported to involve three masks guys apparently looking to steal a guy's driveway parked Ferrari.

Who parks a Ferrari in a driveway?

This a-hole in my town that wants everyone to see his Ferrari.

(that he probably leased)

What's wrong with leasing? There are plenty of cars I'd rather lease because upkeep costs are ridiculous after a few years.

I get your sentiment about people being tacky and showing off wealth.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

What's wrong with leasing? There are plenty of cars I'd rather lease because upkeep costs are ridiculous after a few years.

I get your sentiment about people being tacky and showing off wealth.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Nothing, in reality.  This particular individual is the king of conspicuous consumption.  But it's more smoke and mirrors than substance.