Mrs. Peel

A Big THANKS to Griz and High Exposure!

1 hour ago, capt14k said:

At least I'm not the only one that hasn't a clue to what he is writing

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

To get HE, BlueLineFish and other LEO's together from here for a get together, BS'ing and some drinks. 

A few months ago me, GRIZ, Zeke (Mrs. Zeke), Purple Patrick (STB Mrs. Purple Patrick), Golf Battery, and Kevin125 met up for a nice night of dinner and drinks. My apologies if I forgot anyone. 

• Like 2

Hey! Thanks for the nudge to this post DT. I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

What a happy accident. A Buddy of mine guested me to his range to troubleshoot one of his guns and I run into Griz and Peel! Too cool. It's a small gun owning world in this god forsaken state.

I've texted with Griz a bit, but my first time talking with Peel. I am mad we all haven't chatted sooner. 

And what a good idea to start calling/texting folks. I figured with the long weekend everyone would be tied up, but quite a few of us got together. I stayed a little longer than I should have - been on extra chore duty and family time since -  it totally worth it.

Peel, I like your style. I think we had a quorum for that to be considered an official NJGF meetup.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Hey! Thanks for the nudge to this post DT. I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

What a happy accident. A Buddy of mine guested me to his range to troubleshoot one of his guns and I run into Griz and Peel! Too cool. It's a small gun owning world in this god forsaken state.

I've texted with Griz a bit, but my first time talking with Peel. I am mad we all haven't chatted sooner. 

And what a good idea to start calling/texting folks. I figured with the long weekend everyone would be tied up, but quite a few of us got together. I stayed a little longer than I should have - been on extra chore duty and family time since -  it totally worth it.

Peel, I like your style. I think we had a quorum for that to be considered an official NJGF meetup.

Wish I could have made it, HE. Boss lady had me all tied up, and I couldn't get away. 

I look forward to meeting y'all in person at #ZekeforMod's campaign party he is organizing as we speak....

Really had a great time. Don't get to meet up that often with my schedule so its nice to meet a bunch of forum members. All of the air show stuff outside was cool to see too. Guess it was all stuff related to fleet week. Anyway..thanks again for organizing this

• Like 3

Just now, BlueLineFish said:

Really had a great time. Don't get to meet up that often with my schedule so its nice to meet a bunch of forum members. All of the air show stuff outside was cool to see too. Guess it was all stuff related to fleet week. Anyway..thanks again for organizing this

Ok, THAT makes sense! I was wondering about that myself...but I was thinking maybe it was an air show in NJ?  I don't know... how far is that tavern from Lakeland AFB?

Anyway, when I was leaving, I saw an aerobatics team streak by (jets, not planes)...  I mean, they were flying incredibly close... and I've been to a number of airshows over the years, but that was really breathtaking! Blue Angels, maybe? Definitely some kind of elite team.

• Like 2

Ok, THAT makes sense! I was wondering about that myself...but I was thinking maybe it was an air show in NJ?  I don't know... how far is that tavern from Lakeland AFB? Anyway, when I was leaving, I saw an aerobatics team streak by (jets, not planes)...  I mean, they were flying incredibly close... and I've been to a number of airshows over the years, but that was really breathtaking! Blue Angels, maybe? Definitely some kind of elite team.

CJRPC is pretty close to both Lakehurst NAVAIR and McGuire AFB. Not sure which Tavern you are talking about.

2 minutes ago, capt14k said:

CJRPC is pretty close to both Lakehurst Naval Air Warfare Center and McGuire AFB. Not sure which Tavern you are talking about.

That's what I meant "Lakehurst" not Lakeland, duh! The place was in Jackson. Cassville Tavern.

That's what I meant "Lakehurst" not Lakeland, duh! The place was in Jackson. Cassville Tavern.

Pretty close to both. I edited the name because I think it is now called Naval Air Support so NAVAIR covers both.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

Cheap is never good, and plates ain't gonna be cheap

You mean you're not buying?? Holy hell, with an attitude like that, you'll never get a vote from THIS 9 fingered old man!! Lol

• Like 1

I'm totally aligned with you, Tex, on this particular issue (not only because you're right, but also because... we, the fine members of the Missing Digits Club, need to stick together)! 

Zeke should buy at least the first round, dontcha think?

6 minutes ago, Mrs.Zeke said:

Sorry to kill it for you all, but there is NO budget for campaign events!  I don't  care how many digits you have :)

Looks like Zeke is washing dishes then 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Mrs.Zeke said:

Sorry to kill it for you all, but there is NO budget for campaign events!  I don't  care how many digits you have :)

Bahahahaha!!! How is your hubby supposed to gain our support, if he's not buying alcohol? His charm and good looks?? 

Just sayen...

Lmao!!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, capt14k said:

Pretty close to both. I edited the name because I think it is now called Naval Air Support so NAVAIR covers both.

They still have their own names but officially they're called Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakewood.  Creating joint bases was a smart move.  Consolidation of finance and personnel facilities. Many jobs in the military are really the same. Each service used to have its own school for  a common job.  Now they all share training facilities.  There's really very little Army at Fort Dix since they stopped basic training there.   USAF started their base defense school at Dix maybe 20 years ago.  USMC, USNR, USCG, and USMCR all have facilities at Dix.