MichaelDiggs

Dust door - cant remove

This might sound trivial to some but I cannot figure out how to remove the dust cover off my rifle. The post has no clip on it and hits my rail. And the other end there is no hole, its closed up so the long ping cant slide out. Do I really have to take my entire rail off just to get my dust cover off? Seems such a big job for something so small. I don't want to break out the dremel but I may have to. I'll post a picture once I get home. 

This might sound trivial to some but I cannot figure out how to remove the dust cover off my rifle. The post has no clip on it and hits my rail. And the other end there is no hole, its closed up so the long ping cant slide out. Do I really have to take my entire rail off just to get my dust cover off? Seems such a big job for something so small. I don't want to break out the dremel but I may have to. I'll post a picture once I get home.    

What AR? Even if you cut it, you still wont be able to install other cover without removing the barrel nut. Go to about 6:40 in vid. 

Can always get daring and drill the hole through once out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, MichaelDiggs said:

Please step away from the Dremel.

Garb a camera and post pix

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BobA said:

I built mine so the clip is between the door and the shoulder ear that the pin slides through.  It's a F'n tiny little thing.  Magnifying glass size but should be there. 

Also known as an e clip.

regardless

I have contacted the manufacture and the only way to remove the dust cover is to remove the entire rail and nut. Nice engineering boys. Here are a couple of photos. Why? I had a new dust cover made giving props to someone that isn't here anymore. It is private to me, that's all. No c-clamp on this. They are just using the rail itself to stop the long pin from coming out. I'm not going to drill a hole on the other side, so I just may keep it the way it is.

dustcover1.jpgdustcover2.jpg

Per recommendations I just keep practicing and practicing. Getting very familiar with my rifle. The sounds, vibrations, recoil, all that is second nature when shooting now. Just like getting use to your car and only you know that little tick sound is not normal.