capt14k

How many games will Suarez Last

Not sure how many others here are soccer, or as they say in the rest of the world football fans, but Uruguay is still tied with lowly Egypt. Suarez has been denied on 3 open shots by the Egyptian Goalie. I wonder how many games he makes it till his frustration kicks in and the psycho bites someone again?

Egypt gave up one too many fouls. Uruguay won in 89th minute 1-0 on header off free kick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That was a great header by Gimenez.  

Yes it was. You can't give a team that much better that many chances. Time to go to work til 2pm. Not interested in 11am game.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

We have the games up on screens and even a projector all over the office.  I'm gonna take my laptop over to the projector area for 2PM [emoji3]
Now that is a good work environment.

I give Suarez 2 more games if are like today. Uruguay should advance from group stage but he may not.

Ronaldo just got the news-publicly at least-18M fine and 2 years suspended jail sentence from his tax "fraud" case in Spain.
And he plays against Spain this afternoon whose head coach was fired a couple days ago.
Should be a good game.

Only one real upset and that was Iceland playing Argentina to a tie. Wasn't surprised because Iceland played so well 2 years ago in Euro 2016. There is a huge upset in the making and that is Mexico leading defending World Cup Champions Germany 1-0 at the half. Last time Germany was scored on first in the World Cup was 1998 vs Mexico. Hopefully history repeats itself. Germany came back to win 2-1 in 1998.

And there is the big upset. Mexico held on to beat Germany 1-0.

Can Switzerland stay tied with Brazil 1-1 or even beat them? Brazil was a 1:9 favorite. If Brazil ties or loses this could spell the beginning of the end of Brazilian soccer. It would show that 2014 was not a fluke.

Switzerland pulls off the tie by abusing Neymar. Ref could have thrown a few yellows. They played for the tie and got it. Great gameplan and well executed. Brazilian football maybe in trouble. That is 2 losses and a tie as a heavy favorite in their last 3 World Cup Games.

So Suarez got his goal and Uruguay and him should move to the knock out round. Argentina on the other hand looks like they will be going home. Messi looked disinterested.

The big news though is the defending champions Germany went from out of the world cup to 2nd place in their group and very much alive on a last second goal by Kroos off a free kick set piece just outside the box. Sweden was winning 1-0 for most of the first half, Germany tied it right at the start of the 2nd half. Then in the 95th minute of stoppage time won it. Also took some great goal keeping from Neuer to stay alive. The German will to win and get back on their feet is why they came back after defeats in WWI and WWII and is why they will take their country back from the Muslim invaders. The Muslim invaders are going to be begging to leave.

Well, at least Sweden got 1 win!

Sweden had a heck of a run. They knocked Italy out in World Cup Qualifying. They almost knocked Germany out of the World Cup. They still have a shot at qualifying by beating Mexico. Heck they could still knock Germany out. If Germany and Sweden both win 1-0 they would each go through and Mexico would go home. Oddly if Mexico and South Korea win 1-0 Mexico and Germany would move on.

As for the other groups I would say A, B and C are set

Russia & Uruguay
Spain & Portugal
France & Denmark

Group D & E are still wide open. Heck Argentina can still squeeze in as can Iceland.

Group F it is likely Germany and Mexico

Group G Belgium and England

Group H is still up in the air.

On 6/23/2018 at 10:11 PM, capt14k said:

Sweden had a heck of a run. They knocked Italy out in World Cup Qualifying. They almost knocked Germany out of the World Cup. They still have a shot at qualifying by beating Mexico. Heck they could still knock Germany out. If Germany and Sweden both win 1-0 they would each go through and Mexico would go home. Oddly if Mexico and South Korea win 1-0 Mexico and Germany would move on.

As for the other groups I would say A, B and C are set

Russia & Uruguay
Spain & Portugal
France & Denmark

Group D & E are still wide open. Heck Argentina can still squeeze in as can Iceland.

Group F it is likely Germany and Mexico

Group G Belgium and England

Group H is still up in the air.

And they are still running !!!  Who would have thought they would pass Italy AND Germany ?!?!  We will see what the next round brings!