tgz13

The Official NJGF Photo Thread!

That ones not mine but Im going to get it there soon. How do you go about permanently pinning the stock so its NJ legal. Does anyone know?

Wow, sorry i have not been on in a while. The stock is pinned in place, I purchased the Magpul ACS milspec kit from Spikes Tactical, did a little math with the LOP, and they pinned it in the position i wanted. I had it in about a week. Switched it out five minutes after i received it.

Nine ceramic magnets on paint stirrers enclosed with electric tape. You can see how I made it at my blog.

Dave

Interesting, nice page bro. Not sure the misses would like my 870 hanging on the wall though.

Interesting, nice page bro. Not sure the misses would like my 870 hanging on the wall though.

Thanks. My misses gave me permission to do what I want in our office (within reason). LOL

Nine ceramic magnets on paint stirrers enclosed with electric tape. You can see how I made it at my blog.

Dave

I wouldn't claim to be an expert in magnetism, but wouldn't you be aligning the molecules essentially magnetizing your weapon? It might not seem important, but if you happened to drop your weapon, or set it down on a dirty bench at an outdoor range you could end up with a real mess. Used staples in an office could pose a potential problem too. Once magnetized, it would have to be demagnetized to get unwanted ferrous material removed. The effects of firing a weapon may be enough to demagnetize it, however that’s probably not a good option if it’s already been polluted with foreign material.

I doubt this is a good practice.

I wouldn't claim to be an expert in magnetism, but wouldn't you be aligning the molecules essentially magnetizing your weapon? It might not seem important, but if you happened to drop your weapon, or set it down on a dirty bench at an outdoor range you could end up with a real mess. Used staples in an office could pose a potential problem too. Once magnetized, it would have to be demagnetized to get unwanted ferrous material removed. The effects of firing a weapon may be enough to demagnetize it, however that’s probably not a good option if it’s already been polluted with foreign material.

I doubt this is a good practice.

That was a concern of mine also. I tested it out by leaving the shotgun up on the magnets for 2 days to see if a paperclip and several staples would stick to the barrel. Nothing stuck and they immediately fell to the ground. I do not usually keep my shotgun on the magnets for more than a few hours so not sure what would happen if you kept it on the magnets for several weeks.

It is my understanding that in order to align the molecules and magnetize metal using a magnet you need to rub the metal across the magnet several times. Even if you were able to magnetize the barrel of a shotgun in this way the magnetism would only last a few seconds. I would not be too concerned with magnetism of the barrel. I think it would take a lot more than these magnets to make the barrel magnetic.

Wow, very nice! I like all 3 you have shown here... but I REALLY like your rifle with the scope! What kind of rifle is it??? It looks mean!

It is a Howa 1500 Axiom .308 Win HB. The scope is a Bushnell Elite 4200 Tactical 6-24X50mm with a 30mm tube mounted using an EGW 0 MOA rail and TPS low rings.It will (and has) shoot sub-MOA with factory ammo (Federal GMM) if I do my part. This a package that Legacy International (the Howa importer) put together with Axiom, before Axiom was acquired by Blackhawk. This the lightweight version of the Axiom stock and it goes a long way toward mitigating recoil. Thanks for asking.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

that's a nice one Mark. I was gonna ask what the gun is on your new avatar...

Can't hardly believe i've had it for almost two years now. It's not failed yet other than the slide not locking back a time or two and I'm going to blame that on ammo.

Now I should do something with my AR...like the famous HK91 picture of the guy in the swamp...cept if I did a pic of me in the snow with a gun, it would elicit howls of laughter. Maybe just a picture of it up against the woodpile.