Maksim

Dropped by Cheyenne Mountain today

My Walmart actually had Blazer brass on the shelf.

Keep rubbing it in butthead...geeesh :twisted:

Dick's in Woodbridge had a bunch of empty cages last time I was there. NO .223 very little .22Lr, almost no .45 or 9mm a lot of other hunting ammo it seemed though.

As of yesterday 5/4/09 Cheyenne Mtn. had plenty of 9mm blazer brass and american eagle. They are limiting only the 9mm to two boxes per customer. The sportsmens center did have quite a few 40 caliber target loads but not to much of anything else. Dicks in freehold has squat, no .22's, no handgun ammo except some flat nose .40 cal and hydra shoks in 9mm .40cal and .45.

I agree with the peg system at cheyenne....not a good setup at all.

I'm amazed that .22LR is so scarce. I was watching one of the handgun shows and they took a tour of CCI. They manufacture 4.5 MILLION rounds of .22 ammo every damn day. And that's just one manufacturer. Where's it all going??

K

FYI...made a trip to Dick's in Manahawkin today with same result as Freehold. They have nothing in 9mm, but they do have a good selection of shotgun shells as well as higher caliber handgun ammo. I have to say with the price they are advertising I wouldnt be surprised to see them sold out. $11.98/box when buying by the case! Thats a huge savings! I also stopped into SS today and saw their non-member 9mm ammo is now up too $33.00/box. :roll:

-Scott

FYI...made a trip to Dick's in Manahawkin today with same result as Freehold. They have nothing in 9mm, but they do have a good selection of shotgun shells as well as higher caliber handgun ammo. I have to say with the price they are advertising I wouldnt be surprised to see them sold out. $11.98/box when buying by the case! Thats a huge savings! I also stopped into SS today and saw their non-member 9mm ammo is now up too $33.00/box. :roll:

-Scott

Crazyness.... I can buy 45gap both online and at cheyenne at $23.99 a box.... =P and still be 50% cheaper than buying by the box.

Now this is what i am talking about.... $33 a box of 9mm.... price gouging or just the price?

Freely avail online at $19.99, or $11.98 if you are willing to wait to order a case from dicks.

I lucked out yesterday when I hit the Burlington Dicks at opening time - one box of Winchester .22 Dynapoints (my favorite) on the shelf. Feeling lucky, I swung by the Dicks in Moorestown on the way home and was able to get two more bricks. It really is a "timing" thing. It's simply being in the right place at the right time. Fortunately I didn't need 9mm or .357, but there was none to be had.

-Scott

Hey Scott, what caliber were they selling for $11.98 per box?

NJpilot, They have 9mm at $11.98/box but only when you buy it by the case. I believe the regular price was $13.98/box. They didnt have anything in stock though. Called the Dicks in Freehold and they were the same. The salesman in Freehold couldnt believe how fast he sells out.....I can but I wasnt telling him! 8-)

-Scott

$12.98 on the sale price. $11.98 on the case price. Regular between $13.98 and up.

BTW... went to the one in Princeton/Lawrenceville today.

No 22, 45, 9mm. They have some federal 40sw, and a ton of 223... You pick, Wolf 20rd for 8.99, 40 or 50 round Winchester or remington, dont recall. But they had plenty of it.

Went there today 5/15 and sum good news and bad. The good, they lifted their two box limit on 9mm and have plenty of it, and off course the bad , they raised their price to 16.99 up a full $1 from last week, also no price break for a case

Unless it was something I wanted right there and then, or a great used firearm... I would only buy from one of our vendors/sponsors or gunbroker transfer through ffl.

the prices on firearms are ludacrious in NJ.

For example, I paid $400 for my G22 including all nics/pics, taxes from a shop in PA, new.... Saw it at BA for over $500, before taxes or nics or anything.

I havent shot the LCR, but I did shoot the LCP... I wanted to put it down after 3 rounds... hurt worse than a makarov. But the owner told me to keep shooting to finish the magazine...

Needless to say, I no longer want it. lol.

It is a great size, package. But unless you can conceal carry. I can see it would be a firearm just left in the safe.

I understand. I am torn because I have one PP to use and I want to use it in the worst way. I really want the ruger LCR but I want to handle one before I buy it on gunbroker. I was thinking of going up on Sunday to see if anything peaked my interest so I could make an impulse purchase.

Just remember you wont be able to take it home on Sunday! No NICS on sundays. :x I dont mean to burst your bubble, I just dont want you to be dissapointed when you try to make an impulse buy, and they don't let you! You can buy it, do all, or most of the paperwork, but you can't take it home until they make the call on monday.

yes, quite a few used as well. Typically, if you are going there, you do Sportsmans Center and Cheyenne at the same time as they are only a few miles apart.

9mm ammo I believe was $16.

Where is Sportsman's Center?

Cheyenne is way over priced. I kid you not, since there was a limit on how many ammo boxes they sell I came back in 3 successive weeks to buy 2 boxes of 9mm each visit. The first time I came it was 14.99 / box ... the second week it was 15.99 / box ... the third time it was 16.99 / box .... geez ... price gouging anyone?

Sportsmen Center is further south on Rt.130. Its a large building on the Northbound side....cant miss it. Last time I was there they had almost no ammo but a decent selection of long guns and cases.

-Scott

Got it thanks.

I see they are in Bordentown. I need to take a trip and see what they have.