Maksim

NJGF - Dick Sporting Goods Ammo Cooperative

Dicks in Woodbridge Today had (best I can Remember)

2-Boxes .380 UMC

.38SPL Hollowpoints (Federal Expensive Brand)

3-4 Boxes .357Mag UMC

10ish boxes .44Mag UMC

15-20 Boxes .40SW UMC

1 Box 9mm- WWB 100Rd

5-6 Boxes WWB 9mm 50 rd

Plenty of .223

Plenty of Wolf 7.62x39 (Likely too Costly)

Lots of Hunting Caliber Rifle Rounds

Lots of 12/20gauge Bird Shot

Good Selection of 12 Gauge Buck and Slugs

20 Gauge #3 Buck

.410 00 Buck (3 Pellet) :lol:

Please don't ask for prices because I don't remember :-P

I think we should all know to buy as many as possible when available. I was in a Walmart in PA today and was looking for 9mm ammo and I heard the clerk on the phone say we have a few boxes of federal 9mm. Lo and behold it looked like 4 boxes of 50 rounds for $8 a box, at 1st I said give me two boxes (thinking i would be nice to the next guy) and when I thought about it I said screw it give me the last 2 and he then pulled out another box. I would have kicked myself in the ass if I didnt buy all 5. Esp after the nightmare I had with the Fiocchi ammo at the Bullet Hole.

I think we should all know to buy as many as possible when available. I was in a Walmart in PA today and was looking for 9mm ammo and I heard the clerk on the phone say we have a few boxes of federal 9mm. Lo and behold it looked like 4 boxes of 50 rounds for $8 a box, at 1st I said give me two boxes (thinking i would be nice to the next guy) and when I thought about it I said screw it give me the last 2 and he then pulled out another box. I would have kicked myself in the a** if I didnt buy all 5. Esp after the nightmare I had with the Fiocchi ammo at the Bullet Hole.

which store was this?

I dont know what town it was but it was just south of Port Jervis off RT 84 in PA, I was literally 2 minutes from the NY border. I have been stopping at Walmarts in PA and VA when I was there and this is the 1st time I have gotten lucky.

That would be Milford.

1 AUG: Was just at the Dick's in Princeton (off Rt. 1), and they had everything except .45 in stock. They're actually having a sale of sorts for 12 and 20 gauge shot as well. I did see the mega packs (200 rds) of .380 there ($90 if I remember correctly), as well as plenty of .40 and 9MM. They also had plenty of the different rifle calibers as well. I don't remember all of the prices specifically, but I noticed that the prices had not changed since the last time I was there to purchase .223 (which was at least two or three weeks ago).

Dicks in Freehold was low on pistol and 223. I did not take inventory but I overheard they were out on 9mm and the cabinet was pretty empty. They had plenty of 12, 20 and 410 if you shoot it. Stock up while it is there. I did get the last 5 boxes of 16ga. :D can't wait to shoot it.

Dicks in Freehold was low on pistol and 223. I did not take inventory but I overheard they were out on 9mm and the cabinet was pretty empty. They had plenty of 12, 20 and 410 if you shoot it. Stock up while it is there. I did get the last 5 boxes of 16ga. :D can't wait to shoot it.

I was there also on Sat and that ammo cage they have was pretty empty. I was in a rush and there was noone in site that worked there to help me with getting anything. They did have the 30-06 and 12g i need.

At 11am today Dick's in Hanover had:

.38 (remington)

.40 (dont remember brand)

.22 (remington bulk HPs and CCI Mini Mag)

.223 (remington - 20 and 50 count - the 50 count box was $31)

30-06 (dont remember brand)

Pretty sure I saw a couple boxes of .308 (think it was ultramax) and 300win

Plenty of shotgun ammo

no .45 or 9mm.

Dick's in Freehold today.

ALOT of 9mm- $14.99 for Blazer & Win WB. $29.99 for Win WB 100 round Value pack.

Good Amount of .45- $19.99 a box, can't recall brand at the moment.

Some .40 - Whatever was in the case is what they had (maybe 9 left?)- $19.99, still can't recall the brand.

There is a 5 box maximum on ammo purchases though :roll:

ALOT of 9mm- $14.99 for Blazer & Win WB. $29.99 for Win WB 100 round Value pack.

Some .40 - Whatever was in the case is what they had (maybe 9 left?)- $19.99, still can't recall the brand.

The one in Rockaway has it at 3 box max!

The one in Rockaway has it at 3 box max!

I overheard the clerk tell someone the same thing at the Hanover store - 3 box max

Anyone been to Freehold last night or today? Do they still have some 9mm? I hate to drive up there and they dont have it. I dont really trust calling anymore since I called a couple times and they said they had none and when you stop in they have some....almost like they keep it for people or themselves.

Thanks!

-Scott

I dont really trust calling anymore since I called a couple times and they said they had none and when you stop in they have some....almost like they keep it for people or themselves.

Another factor is that the shipments arrive, or are distributed to the departments, at weird times. I know that the Woodbridge store often gets new supplies around 3-6pm many weekdays. The one nice guy who frequently works at the gun counter (blond with a funky eye) tells me that he'll often be surprised by what has shown up while he wasn't looking.

A few times he's told me that he was sure they were out of something, walked to the ammo cages to confirm, and been surprised that they'd been restocked. So it may just be the person on the phone was remembering from the last time they looked.

On the other hand, I never trust any person on the phone at any chain store; I am sure you are right and they don't really bother to look.

Anyone been to Freehold last night or today? Do they still have some 9mm? I hate to drive up there and they dont have it. I dont really trust calling anymore since I called a couple times and they said they had none and when you stop in they have some....almost like they keep it for people or themselves.

Thanks!

-Scott

I only live a few minutes away. I'll try to stop in after my "errands :shock: ". If I do, I'll post what I see, anybody want me to scout for anything specific?

Ok, got back a few minutes ago. They had the following:

-9mm: a TON of Blazer and a few boxes of Win White Box (5 boxes). Both are 14.99.

-40 S&W: Some Win White Box for 27.99 and some Blazer, I think the same price.

-45: A TON of .45.... mostly Blazer, I want to say 19.99. Some Win White 100 round value packs. those were 40 bucks.

-. 380: a few tucked away on the bottom shelf, left side in the cages. 27.99.

Sorry for the spotty report, I really should've written this down. Ya live, ya learn :D

Ok, got back a few minutes ago. They had the following:

-9mm: a TON of Blazer and a few boxes of Win White Box (5 boxes). Both are 14.99.

-40 S&W: Some Win White Box for 27.99 and some Blazer, I think the same price.

-45: A TON of .45.... mostly Blazer, I want to say 19.99. Some Win White 100 round value packs. those were 40 bucks.

-. 380: a few tucked away on the bottom shelf, left side in the cages. 27.99.

Sorry for the spotty report, I really should've written this down. Ya live, ya learn :D

forgot, I was there today as well. what he said. =)

17 August 2009- Dick's in Freehold.

9mm- A ton of Blazer for 14.99, guy said they still have a case in the back.

.40 S&W- only 4 boxes of WWB for 27.99 and thats it!

.45- None to be found.

.380- Blazer for 24.99.... a few left.

.223/5.56- Wolf for 9.99 and Winchester for 12.99.