Maksim

NJGF - Dick Sporting Goods Ammo Cooperative

I haven't shot enough through my glock to have a preference; it's eaten everything I've fed it. Other than one failure to fire due to the slide not seating properly (operator error, I rode the slide back into battery) I've experienced no malfs at all.

I've fired the winchester before and liked it. Only thing I've bought that I would think about avoiding was some CCI blazer stuff, and only because it was a bit dirty (and Shore Shot forbids it).

Dicks in woodbridge had nearly full racks when I dropped by there tonight - confirm the 20% off on winchester. I bought 3x100 of 9mm white box for what turned out to be $24 - I'm not unhappy. I'd have bought another box, but they didn't post the sale, so I thought I was spending $30 per

same thing happened to me at freehold on wednesday. that was a pleasant suprise but i wish i noticed earlier and bought another box or two. :D

-Roger

Just got back from Freehold Dick's store. The "Lodge" was pretty full of shoppers and they seemed to have all hands on deck. My son and I were looking in the ammo cage and a sales guy came over with a customer to get some 22LR out. While he was there we said we would take four bricks of CCI (they had thunderbolt, Remington Gold, Winchester and CCI) so he handed us 4 boxes and we went to "sign them out". There was a guy at the counter just entering ammo sales, he took 30 seconds to write down my info and we were on our way, no security boxes, no walk of shame. When we got down to thr registers, there were three open with no customers so we were in and out in about 10 minutes. Not too shabby for a Black Friday! They had a lot of Remington 9mm and when you buy one/get one 50% the price was almost at 2007 prices so I think the sale was pretty good.

Now is only I could find some small pistol primers...I have a box of Montana Gold 124 to reload :dance:

Did some shopping stopped in dick's manahawkin, no 38 super other than corbon something shock at 24.99 for a box of 25, said no thank you..

had plenty of 38 spl.

And my old boss was working their in the sports center.. :clap:

Stopped into the Freehold store on Wednesday but didn't have my FID. Shelves were stocked in a way I hadn't seen in months. Went back yesterday with the FID hoping to pick up a couple 250 bricks of UMC 9mm but by the time I got there at 1:30 they were out. The huge stack of Remington MC they had was down to 5 boxes. Was also looking for .357 and didn't find any. Wound up buying some Federal .22 since I have been hearing bad things about Thunderbolts lately. The deal was buy one box, get another at 50% off so I got 1000 rounds of 22 for $30. Not great, but not bad either. Guy who helped me was friendly and there was no walk of shame.

Just came from the Dick's in Woodbridge. I was there for rimfire only as I reload for all my centerfire guns. They had very little .22 or .17 on the shelf. All I could find was CCI SV 22, so I bought two bricks at $24.99 each. There were six more on the shelf. It appeared they had a good supply of CF handgun ammo as well as value packs of .223.

Stopped again at the Freehold store on Saturday. While the shelves were nearly empty after the recent sale, this time I found the shelves nicely stocked again (with the notable exception of 380 and 357, but that's been rare for months). Picked up a couple 250 round boxes of UMC 9mm MC/FMJ. Reps were friendly and when I commented on the restock they said that local ranges (which shall remain nameless) are now buying in bulk from them. I take that to mean the usual distribution channels don't have anything or simply can't beat the prices at Dicks. Will be going back regularly to replenish my inventory.

Dick's in Freehold today. Had the usual. 9mm- WWB-$15, Blazer $13. 40 S&W-WWB-$20, Blazer-$18. Noticed they had a good amount of .380, .357, and .38 but didn't catch the prices. BUT one thing that stinks now is that you have to carry your ammo down to the counter in a locked electronic alarm plastic box. This thing is ridiculous, makes it look like you transporting enriched uranium to the front counter. Welcome to NJ, birthplace of making gun owner feel like outcasts. :roll:

Dick's in Freehold today. Had the usual. 9mm- WWB-$15, Blazer $13. 40 S&W-WWB-$20, Blazer-$18. Noticed they had a good amount of .380, .357, and .38 but didn't catch the prices. BUT one thing that stinks now is that you have to carry your ammo down to the counter in a locked electronic alarm plastic box. This thing is ridiculous, makes it look like you transporting enriched uranium to the front counter. Welcome to NJ, birthplace of making gun owner feel like outcasts. :roll:

As explained to my by the clerk - they didn't want someone making a decision to not buy the ammo and leaving it lying around anywhere where a child could possibly get into it. Possibly an unrealistic situation but at least they had a reason.