Jump to content
45Doll

Murphy's Made His Move

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Any red lines here for anyone?

So currently the topic has 6 replies & 171 views so that begs the question how many of the forum warriors acted in accordance with the simple ANJRPC request to send the email?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, YankeeSC said:

Anyone still think that someday you'll get the right to carry in NJ?

Is that all you do, come here to taunt us? We get it already! you moved out! If this is the only thing you contribute to the forums do me and others here a favor and stop posting! Besides, what the hell do these bills have to do with a landmark gun case pertaining to conceal carry? These bills died on the senate floor last year and that could very well happen again. Could they pass some or all of these bills? It's possible, we will deal with it when and if it happens. I suspect many of these bills will be modified a few times.

 

5 hours ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

Nope - never in 1Million years - 

SO LEAVE! why even post if you don't care and you believe there is no chance?

5 hours ago, siderman said:

Any doubts now if NJ will go quietly into the night or go out kicking and screaming should the pending scotus case go favorably?

Let's see how broad or narrow the SCOTUS ruling is. SCOTUS may craft a ruling broad enough to deal with many of the attack strategies that NJ may have. Remember NJ can kick and scream but, SCOTUS is still of a higher power. Look at DC they got carry not too long ago didn't they? and that was only from an appeals court...

Ye of little faith let's take this one day at a time shall we. 

  • Agree 2
  • FacePalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, marlintag said:

Is that all you do, come here to taunt us? We get it already! you moved out! If this is the only thing you contribute to the forums do me and others here a favor and stop posting! Besides, what the hell do these bills have to do with a landmark gun case pertaining to conceal carry? These bills died on the senate floor last year and that could very well happen again. Could they pass some or all of these bills? It's possible, we will deal with it when and if it happens. I suspect many of these bills will be modified a few times.

 

SO LEAVE! why even post if you don't care and you believe there is no chance?

Let's see how broad or narrow the SCOTUS ruling is. SCOTUS may craft a ruling broad enough to deal with many of the attack strategies that NJ may have. Remember NJ can kick and scream but, SCOTUS is still of a higher power. Look at DC they got carry not too long ago didn't they? and that was only from an appeals court...

Ye of little faith let's take this one day at a time shall we. 

mg02ydxvobrqq3ux1fne.jpg

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, FXDX said:

 

 

So currently the topic has 6 replies & 171 views so that begs the question how many of the forum warriors acted in accordance with the simple ANJRPC request to send the email?  

I just sent it and got back 4 responses.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marlintag said:

Is that all you do, come here to taunt us? We get it already! you moved out! If this is the only thing you contribute to the forums do me and others here a favor and stop posting! Besides, what the hell do these bills have to do with a landmark gun case pertaining to conceal carry? These bills died on the senate floor last year and that could very well happen again. Could they pass some or all of these bills? It's possible, we will deal with it when and if it happens. I suspect many of these bills will be modified a few times.

 

SO LEAVE! why even post if you don't care and you believe there is no chance?

Let's see how broad or narrow the SCOTUS ruling is. SCOTUS may craft a ruling broad enough to deal with many of the attack strategies that NJ may have. Remember NJ can kick and scream but, SCOTUS is still of a higher power. Look at DC they got carry not too long ago didn't they? and that was only from an appeals court...

Ye of little faith let's take this one day at a time shall we. 

I don't care how broad or narrow the scotus ruling may be,  these proposals- retreads or not- are a pro active aggressive anti 2A stance, a shot across the bow so to say considering the timing of the forthcoming ruling. Instead of waiting for a ruling NJ decides to announce these hearings and purposely aggravate the 2A community. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marlintag said:

Let's see how broad or narrow the SCOTUS ruling is. SCOTUS may craft a ruling broad enough to deal with many of the attack strategies that NJ may have. Remember NJ can kick and scream but, SCOTUS is still of a higher power. Look at DC they got carry not too long ago didn't they? and that was only from an appeals court...

D.C. has granted but 8000 permits, with 60% of those going to non-residents (mostly commuters from VA & MD) 

D.C. residents continue to lag behind and wait. 700k+ residents live in D.C. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, siderman said:

Any doubts now if NJ will go quietly into the night or go out kicking and screaming should the pending scotus case go favorably?

I can see the New Jersey government promising to disregard and resist a supreme court decision supporting carry outside the home and promising to prosecute those who carry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FairbanksRusty said:

D.C. has granted but 8000 permits, with 60% of those going to non-residents (mostly commuters from VA & MD) 

D.C. residents continue to lag behind and wait. 700k+ residents live in D.C. 

 

Yes.  Calling DC "shall issue" is still a bit of a stretch in my opinion. It's an improvement over New Jersey, but not much.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, father-of-three said:

I can see the New Jersey government promising to disregard and resist a supreme court decision supporting carry outside the home and promising to prosecute those who carry.

Impossible!  They can't simply disregard a supreme court ruling!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Impossible!  They can't simply disregard a supreme court ruling!

What would be the consequences if they did disregard a Supreme Court ruling and how long would it take for those consequences to be executed?  

Yes, this is the highest level of the court, but it could be similar to the mayor and city council of Pittsburgh purposefully disregarding state law and intentionally passing unlawful ordinances that were eventually overturned, but it was not a quick process.  The answer will likely be to enact what DC was forced to do, but I don't see New Jersey complying that quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, father-of-three said:

What would be the consequences if they did disregard a Supreme Court ruling and how long would it take for those consequences to be executed?  

Yes, this is the highest level of the court, but it could be similar to the mayor and city council of Pittsburgh purposefully disregarding state law and intentionally passing unlawful ordinances that were eventually overturned, but it was not a quick process.  The answer will likely be to enact what DC was forced to do, but I don't see New Jersey complying that quickly.

There are a number of options, not a lot of them great. Probably the most likely to be unable to be avoided or gamed forever would be a lawsuit for damages. Escalated to the circuit it would leave nj jurisdiction. Then you could go straight to the bank to have assets seized. 
 

There is also, technically, a path to the insurrection act, commandeering the national guard, and taking over the situation if a pro 2a president is in charge that wants to make ny or nj eat shit hard.

 Less hard would be using the rico act against anyone involved with violating the ruling and deprivation of rights.

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

There are a number of options, not a lot of them great. Probably the most likely to be unable to be avoided or gamed forever would be a lawsuit for damages. Escalated to the circuit it would leave nj jurisdiction. Then you could go straight to the bank to have assets seized. 
 

There is also, technically, a path to the insurrection act, commandeering the national guard, and taking over the situation if a pro 2a president is in charge that wants to make ny or nj eat shit hard.

 Less hard would be using the rico act against anyone involved with violating the ruling and deprivation of rights.

 

 

 

In other words..........You don't [email protected]#K with the Supreme Court!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

In other words..........You don't [email protected]#K with the Supreme Court!

I, too, would love to see New Jersey anti gun democrats who proudly, no... arrogantly, wear their feelings on their sleeve for all to see, be ideologically brought to their knees by a conservative Supreme Court Ruling. 

 

I think Murphy is a cunning guy who knows he has the majority of the New Jersey government on his side to mold and interpret rulings as he sees fit.  As much as I hate saying this, there will likely be a whole new bunch of second amendment workaround tactics if we get a pro 2A ruling.  This is the state that has banned plastic bags.  Yes, New Jersey government needs to comply with whatever is decided, I just don't  see them quietly agreeng.  This is a group of people whom I believe are pretty much known for disregarding laws they disagree with.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, marlintag said:

Is that all you do, come here to taunt us? We get it already! you moved out! If this is the only thing you contribute to the forums do me and others here a favor and stop posting! Besides, what the hell do these bills have to do with a landmark gun case pertaining to conceal carry? These bills died on the senate floor last year and that could 

 

SO LEAVE! why even post if you don't care and you believe there is no chance?

 

Ok...

Boarding a flight now to Charleston to check out a few things where we are looking before driving to fla..to play with a Mouse...  :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

Ok...

Boarding a flight now to Charleston to check out a few things where we are looking before driving to fla..to play with a Mouse...  :)

 

I have a friend who splits time between Jersey and Myrtle Beach area. He likes it down there. I am considering Florida as my first alternative, and possibly SC as my second. Of course no place is perfect. Both states seem to have a few oddball infringements on liberty that are not 2A related. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

Wow!

I know I disliked it when Trump's quotes  were frequently chopped up and purposefully taken out of context.  Please quote my entire sentence next time.  I'm not quite sure why you had to dig to take me out of context.

Sorry, but love him or hate him, he's an smart and cunning guy who has screwed over gun owners including you and me many times.  Previous laws, pending bills, and permits not being processed in 2020... these are not accidents by an incompetant fool, even though it may feel good to call him names sometimes.

 

We'll see if a Supreme Court decision slows him down or stops him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...