I was on midway and say three different range bags and dont know which one to get. I like the gunmate case and the $19.99 price is awesome but I am not sure if the size will work for a long period of time for me and I dont like that it says "GUNMATE" in big red letters across the top of the bag.

I like the Midway competition range bag with its detachable ammo bags but I think that one is TOO big and maybe a bit of overkill for me as a beginner. Then there is the mid-size midway bag. It seems to have a lot of room and all but no removable ammo bags or even removable gun rags......which too choose which to choose!

Let me know what you guys have and any pics would be great!

-Scott

I opted to use whatever I had around the house. I normally bring my handgun in a smaller pistol box then the factory one, and then use my Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack for everything else. I personally love that thing, used it in the field, use it when I go hiking, or even during a day trip.

I have the Midway Compact Competition Bag. I love it. I expected it to break a long time ago with the amount of crap I put in it. Nope. Very Durable, and I fit way more guns and ammo into it than I should. Most of the time, it takes a workout to carry it. If' I had the regular sized one, I would probably need a handtruck to move it around.

I can fit 3 or 4 guns in it, and over 1000 rounds, plus mags, eyes, ears, tools, etc.. no problem.

I use this Midway bag

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?p ... ber=259680

It huge.... but it will carry whatver you ever need..... Every time I look..... I find another pocket...

On sale... $39.99 , cannot beat it...

I like the look and all the extras (IE: removable ammo bag and gun rugs) but I think it might be over kill for me since I am a beginner and will only have one gun at first. I dont want to be THAT guy that walks in with a huge bag for one gun an a couple boxes of ammo.

I do love the options with it though.....ugh cant decide!

-Scott

I have the Midway Compact Competition Bag. I love it. I expected it to break a long time ago with the amount of crap I put in it. Nope. Very Durable, and I fit way more guns and ammo into it than I should. Most of the time, it takes a workout to carry it. If' I had the regular sized one, I would probably need a handtruck to move it around.

I can fit 3 or 4 guns in it, and over 1000 rounds, plus mags, eyes, ears, tools, etc.. no problem.

This one caught my eye. I like the look and the size seems good too. It says the outer side pouches are padded. Are they padded enough to put a locked gun in or do you carry the gun in a hard case in the main compartment?

At $26.99 it is def a good contender.

-Scott

This one caught my eye. I like the look and the size seems good too. It says the outer side pouches are padded. Are they padded enough to put a locked gun in or do you carry the gun in a hard case in the main compartment?

At $26.99 it is def a good contender.

-Scott

+1 on this bag.. it fits everything I need in it and then some.

2 Pistols, ammo, ear and eye protection, targets, tape 4-6 magazines and tons of ammo are no problem for this bag.

Forgot I also have cleaning supplies that I can take with ease. There is still plenty of room leftover for other goodies, even more guns.

I recommend picking up midway gun rugs, I don't use them for storage in the safe, they are thinner but nicely padded to put into the range bag for protection to and from the range, as well as using at the range..

I have one of Dillon's bags and after several years of beating the crap out of it, it is still in perfect condition.

The other brand that I use is http://www.bagmaster.com/ (Bagmaster)

They are not the cheapest but they are a high quality item. you get what you pay for and they product top quality.

I use this Midway bag

It huge.... but it will carry whatver you ever need..... Every time I look..... I find another pocket...

thank's for the link, just ordered 2..

I use a big gym bag with a Nike "swish" on the side, and a plain old book bag. Range bags look like.. well.. range bags :) I have a pistol box that holds 4 pistols.. and I drop that into the nike bag.. and then I put the ammo in the book bag. I'm the new guy on the block in my neighborhood, and don't wanna scare the neighbors yet :lol:

I use a big gym bag with a Nike "swish" on the side, and a plain old book bag. Range bags look like.. well.. range bags :) I have a pistol box that holds 4 pistols.. and I drop that into the nike bag.. and then I put the ammo in the book bag. I'm the new guy on the block in my neighborhood, and don't wanna scare the neighbors yet :lol:

Its great when the new neighbor's see my dad and I carrying our target stands to my pickup. They are about 6 feet tall or so, 3 feet wide, made of 1x2's and have shot up pictures of an Arab terrorist on them. I think last time we had lots of 12 gauge slug holes in them.

Then we have our UPS guy, who regularly almost breaks his back with our ammo orders.. and he is a very nice guy.. but likes to yell "You got more bullets!" when running up to the door.. :lol:

Uncle Mike's Range bags FTW! So far love mine, its made of a really heavy duty material and has a bunch of pockets to stuff all good stuff in. I think i have like 39 bucks for mine, shipped to my door.

Then we have our UPS guy, who regularly almost breaks his back with our ammo orders.. and he is a very nice guy.. but likes to yell "You got more bullets!" when running up to the door.. :lol::lol:

very cool ups guy.. ;)

That's funny, funny stuff!

I use this Midway bag

I have the same one. When loaded down with 2 pistols, ammo for both, mags for both, ears, eyes, cleaning stuff, spotting scope, stapler, ammo for 2 different caliber rifles, backup set of eyes and ears(for wife), and a can of soda... thank god for the shoulder strap :lol:

I use this Midway bag

I have this bag and absolutely love it. I bought it when it was $39.99. Now they raised the price to $59.99. :shock:

+1