Sign in to follow this  
Maksim

Firearms you bought and have no use for...

Encouraged by a post in the suggestions topic... figured would bring it here.

What firearms have you bought, that you now have no use for, dont practice with and now sitting in the safe collecting dust.

Will start...

XD 45 Gap...though I do put through a box every few months.

o I only have a few guns that i do not have a use for right now, but grand children will be able to use them when they come along.

1: chipmunk 22 cal bolt action

2; 20 ga 870 youth model

3: 20 ga mossberg 500 youth model

both my boys harvested many pheasant with those shotguns. it was a good time. the remington is a much nicer pump than the mossberg.

What firearms have you bought, that you now have no use for, dont practice with and now sitting in the safe collecting dust.

All of them. I live in New Jersey where firearms are not needed, as the police are right around the corner to protect me. :cry:

All of them. I live in New Jersey where firearms are not needed, as the police are right around the corner to protect me. :cry:

And if you needed them they probably will not be able to find you..

:D

The police have never ever got to my house in under 30 mins.

:? :? :? :?

My old man wanted me to hunt so bad he built me two south-paw bolt action rifles.

1. Ruger M77 Hawkeye in 25-06

2. Remington M700 in 30-06

Both are scoped and in brand new condition. We fired them maybe 20 rounds apiece to sight them in, and that was 3 years ago. I might have the models wrong but the calibers are correct.

Do you need a use to buy a gun? I am just impulsive and like pretty wood and metal.

exactly that... but then you have that firearm just sitting because you dont shoot it.

From my brothers collection...

Sig Pro 2022? 40sw

Walther P99 40sw

SW 686

Browning Buckmark camper

XD 45gap

all sat there, as most that he shot were his glocks, beretta's, and sigs.

now if only I could find someone with a .22 that they arn't using and want to unload cheap i'd be in heaven!

So far I can say that all my guns get shot though I did pick up a remington 700 and have not had a single free cent to buy a scope for it, so I have not shot it at all. I know, I'm ashamed of myself actually

And if you needed them they probably will not be able to find you..

:D

Or make a left turn in time to get to you.

now if only I could find someone with a .22 that they arn't using and want to unload cheap i'd be in heaven!

So far I can say that all my guns get shot though I did pick up a remington 700 and have not had a single free cent to buy a scope for it, so I have not shot it at all. I know, I'm ashamed of myself actually

Thats okay matt...you'll get one eventually. Even if you start out with a cheap scope and work your way up to an expensive one. Probably 90% of us on here buy one thing at a time, as funds become available and build our rifles piece by piece, slowly but surely. No point in rushing it, you're better off doing it slowly and making it just the way you want it.

How long have you been into firearms?

Rifle, pistol? What are you looking to do with it? Do you want a cool looking rifle or a just reliable shooter?

It's going to be my deer killer for new york state. I'm looking into nikons right now I found a good nikon on ebay brand new for 150ish I just have to save the money. It seems with tuition bills my money disappears before it even hits the bank account :)

And I bought my first gun uh a guess a little over a year and a half ago maybe, that sounds about right.

It's going to be my deer killer for new york state. I'm looking into nikons right now I found a good nikon on ebay brand new for 150ish I just have to save the money. It seems with tuition bills my money disappears before it even hits the bank account :)

And I bought my first gun uh a guess a little over a year and a half ago maybe, that sounds about right.

Sounds good....don't sweat it, its more admirable to have one's priorities in order than a cool gun collection. Some of these guys have been collecting for over 40+ years. I've been into it for about 15 years or so and I'm still slowly but surely building my collection up. Rome wasn't built in a day! ;)

Umm Paul?? we IS da Police Brother...LOL

About the on REALLY "Useless" gun i bought was one of those IMI Single-shot pistols in .22 Hornet, theone with the rotating Breech like a tank's.