Sign in to follow this  
Cylinder Head

Deer Problem

I'm sure someone here will be able to help me out with this. I live next to a pretty massive reservation and as a result there are all kinds of critters that run around my 1 acre property. I have spent years planting various trees, bushes and perennials only to see them now threatened by a large family of deer that wanders in from the forest. They'll eat anything and everything, they've destroyed the shrubs that line the walkway from my front door. I've tried spraying the perimeter with mountain lion urine, shooting them with high powered BB guns (I don't want to kill the bastards, just scare them), tried running after them like a lunatic.

The issue is that their little walnut sized brains just don't compute that they're not welcome. Someone suggested I buy venison and spread bits of the meat and blood around the area, will this work? Help!!!

5 gallon plastic bucket , 4 bars of irish spring soap , 1/4 cup fine ground cayenne pepper powder , 3 raw eggs , - fill bucket with water mix + let ferment in sun for a few days - spray on shrubs + plants every two weeks + after a rain fall - taking a wiz in bucket was also recommended - after five years of deer hell i have not had one this year since using this formula - they walk around my yard to get to my neighbors garden + shrubs -

5 gallon plastic bucket , 4 bars of irish spring soap , 1/4 cup fine ground cayenne pepper powder , 3 raw eggs , - fill bucket with water mix + let ferment in sun for a few days - spray on shrubs + plants every two weeks + after a rain fall - taking a wiz in bucket was also recommended - after five years of deer hell i have not had one this year since using this formula - they walk around my yard to get to my neighbors garden + shrubs -

Thanks for the formula, this sounds smelly enough to work.

yes cylinder head it does work - i live in middlesex county town of 100,000 plus , development , 2 blocks from rte #1 , very little woods , + before i started using it i would have 10 or 12 in my yard eating my garden or wifes plants - had a young buck drop dead in next store neighbors yard last august - town does not allow hunting or discharge of bows or firearms -Picture043.jpg

No joke. Once the sun goes down in my town, I will usually go no more then 25-30MPH because the deer creep and creep and creep up on to the roads at night.

esp around 535 where the preserved farmland/open space is located.

a buddy of mine hit a deer there.