45Doll

NJ Personalized Handgun Commission

So who from what pro 2A org?:

By statute, they include a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics, a representative of a New Jersey chapter of an organization that advocates for Second Amendment rights, and a representative of an organization that advocates against handgun violence.

• Agree 1

On 7/13/2023 at 11:10 AM, siderman said:

By statute, they include a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics, a representative of a New Jersey chapter of an organization that advocates for Second Amendment rights, and a representative of an organization that advocates against handgun violence.

Yup. I noticed the same line. I wonder who it is? 

Update: some of their minutes are on the NJ State website... https://www.njoag.gov/about/divisions-and-offices/phac/phac-public-meetings/ [meetings are open to the public by the way.. via Zoom... though conveniently, the website doesn''t note WHEN the next meeting is occurring... :facepalm: ]

The July meeting minutes listed these Commission Members (in boldface):

Roll Call • Commission Members Present: Nico Bocour, Jennifer Chuang, Jeremy Ershow, Nashon Hornsby, Robert Nixon • Commission Members Not Present: Lt. Col. Joseph Brennan • Department of Law & Public Safety Staff Present: Deputy Attorney General Daniel Roman, Eric Barlow, Jolitha Joanem

The June meeting minutes link is current broken...  

The May meeting minutes listed these: Roll Call  Commission Members Present: Nico Bocour, Jennifer Chuang, Jeremy Ershow, Nashon Hornsby, Robert Nixon, Timmy Oh.  Commission Members Not Present: Lt. Col. Joseph Brennan.  Department of Law & Public Safety Staff Present: Assistant Attorney General Chris Arnold; Deputies Attorney General Chandini Jha, Dan Roman.

>> Does anyone recognize any of these boldfaced names (above)? I'm dying to know who they selected (IF they even have selected someone yet) who represents gun owners, as the law apparently requires!

On 7/13/2023 at 11:10 AM, siderman said:

Phildo will probably name someone from Moms Demand Action as the 2A representative.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

>> Does anyone recognize any of these boldfaced names (above)? I'm dying to know who they selected (IF they even have selected someone yet) who represents gun owners, as the law apparently requires!

OK, I did a little research - answered my own questions. Gosh!! This sounds like a very non-partisan, scientific and even-handed group addressing our Constitutional Rights! /sarc off

Nico Bocour - Lawyer and VP, State Initiatives with anti-2A group Giffords https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicola-bocour-b2a1a59 - so she's presumably the required Commission member who represents the group advocating against gun violence.

Jennifer Chuang - pediatrician in Paterson at St. Joseph's Medical Center, who according to her Facebook page is "outspoken about healthcare in social justice" -  https://www.facebook.com/DrJenniferChuang4NJ/  sooo, a full-fledged SJW from one of the state's most gang-infested cities. So, she's the Member of the American Academy of Pediatrics that the law requires for this Commission.

Jeremy Ershow - A NY lawyer previously appointed my NJ's AG to the Stateside Affirmative Firearms Enforcement (SAFE) office... so, another rabid anti-gun-rights person. Here's an article explaining his SAFE role - filing lawsuits against gun manufacturers, etc. https://www.njoag.gov/acting-ag-platkin-appoints-leaders-of-new-firearms-enforcement-office/ 

Nashon Hornsby - Lawyer, and Assistant Director with the NJ Dept of Health... hails from Trenton, one of the other most gang-infested cities in the state... huh, seeing a trend here? https://www.linkedin.com/in/nashon-hornsby-3a25a018?original_referer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

Robert Nixon - is a Trenton lobbyist and Director of Government Affairs for the New Jersey State Policemen’s Benevolent Association (PBA). https://www.fels.upenn.edu/academics/instructors/robert-nixon

??Timmy Oh?? - (not sure if he's still a member since his name wasn't listed on the latest minutes) - but he's supposedly a "firearm safety expert" who looks about 15 years old - and whose company designs biometric and RFID guns - https://www.linkedin.com/in/ohtimmy

Lt. Col. Joseph Brennan - retired head of NJSP, apparently now a political appointee of Phil Murphy. 

Apparently, there's supposed to be 7 members of this commission - so which one "advocates for 2A rights" as required by the law? I certainly wouldn't think ANY of these people represent us! And if Timmy Oh is actually gone, is the seat just sitting empty? 

Have you ever seen a more stack and unbalanced Commission? What a joke! Any pro-2A person would immediately be outnumbered 6 to 1.

• Informative 4

people always refer to crooked politics as "chigago" politics.....i think we need to change that to "new jersey politics" 'cause if we ain't more crooked than chigago, we're sure as shiit giving them a run for their money......

i'll also add what i've been saying for a long time. if they want to try to force these things on us.....then the very first thing they need to do is to issue them to every single police dept in the state, from state pd on down. include ALL swat and any other special tactics teams. they ALL need to use only these things. 10 year study. if the police won't accept them, then we know dam well they're not good enough for us.

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

the very first thing they need to do is to issue them to every single police dept in the state, from state pd on down. include ALL swat and any other special tactics teams

this is the way - if it’s such a good technology LE should *WANT* it

But since the police unions can whisper their sweet nothings into the legislators’ ears and exempt cops from basically everything (further reinforcing the “us” versus “them” at the same time) we all know this is a nonstarter.

It’s infuriating 

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

this is the way - if it’s such a good technology LE should *WANT* it

But since the police unions can whisper their sweet nothings into the legislators’ ears and exempt cops from basically everything (further reinforcing the “us” versus “them” at the same time) we all know this is a nonstarter.

It’s infuriating 

i'm not meaning any disrespect to any police by my statement.......it's just that it's a very fair comparison.

And here I thought the personalized handgun commission was about customized handguns. Engraving, optic cut slides and different optics, custom colors and coatings, different grips, etc.

I mean, I guess it is. Just instead of being cosmetic upgrades to guns that will fire every time you want it to, these upgrades are to ensure that 50 percent of the time, it works every time, as long as your hand isnt sweaty and the battery is good and you remembered your special bracelet and there aren't too many wifi devices around and the bullets are compatible with 9mm-115G-v1.0.4.A firmware.

That said, it would be interesting to see how easy these things will be to hack. Would be hilarious if ATF had to ban them because a magnet turns em into full auto or something.

• Haha 1

On 7/14/2023 at 11:37 PM, Mrs. Peel said:

OK, I did a little research - answered my own questions. Gosh!! This sounds like a very non-partisan, scientific and even-handed group addressing our Constitutional Rights! /sarc off

Did you expect anything else?

1 hour ago, 45Doll said:

Yea but what they DID say was laughable! It took 4 yrs and at what expense for the committee to form the criteria the guns must be "safe, reliable and lawfully compliant"! And then the fanfare over that big revolutionary announcement! Duh!