Tunaman

Cost to carry in NJ. This is criminal

20 minutes ago, Tunaman said:

I

IMG_1337.jpg

I just dont know how this is justified paying this much to enjoy a Constitutional Right.  They should make voting cost this much too.  But I got it on sale Honey!  I forgot to add the photos and notary!  Add 30.00!   1600.00 out the door!  My ass is still Bleeding!

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, Golf battery said:

Hopefully with lawsuits from anjrpc and other orgs this will be stopped.  Donate donate donate!!!!  Get involved 

What a joke.....if they ever concentrated their fight and focus on the 2A all this nonsense would go away, along with your monies....if it weren't for Thomas, we'd have nothin'....instead it's "mag ban, training requirement and other nonsense" that really doesn't matter, always a distration from the real issue.....yeah, donate, donate, donate...yes it's frustrating to read these posts and most of the idiots on here fall right in line with the State and the Govenor...fools, most of ya...when ya realize that the 2A is bigger than you, me, Murphy and the rest of them, then you'l get it.....it's the Constitution Of The United States Of America we're talkin' about here......omo.

The costs are exorbitant, and we’re still dealing with a moving target and towns that continue to make up their own rules. I also don’t think the state is done. They will continue to throw up more roadblocks. 

My circle of friends are between the ages of 65 through 78.  Everyone on a fixed income. Most of us have lived in New Jersey all our lives and never had a carry gun except for a couple who were in the service in another state while serving. None of us have ever  had a need or situation for a firearm for needed protection either. 

Any cost, every two years, is a waste of money in today’s economy. My sights are set on moving, not wasting my money just to thumb my nose and give a raspberry to the politicians of this state. Politicians have banked on this. Call it retreating to higher ground, but New Jersey has been sinking into the cesspool for decades. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Old Glock guy said:

I totally get your point and mostly agree, but you can't really include the cost of the gun and holster in there.  Still pretty expensive, especially considering that we have to do it all again in two years.

That is the only good thing.  We dont have to do it ALL again in 2 years.  No Holster draw,  no Basic pistol,  no new gun,  and only one qualification

34 minutes ago, Tunaman said:

That is the only good thing.  We dont have to do it ALL again in 2 years.  No Holster draw,  no Basic pistol,  no new gun,  and only one qualification

Like they won't move the goal post again.

• Agree 3

12 hours ago, Old Glock guy said:

I totally get your point and mostly agree, but you can't really include the cost of the gun and holster in there.  Still pretty expensive, especially considering that we have to do it all again in two years.

Deduct the gun and holster and replace it with your time and what it's worth ($50 -$75+ an hour or more??) for everything you need to do.  It will surpass the price of the gun and holster very quickly.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 7/21/2023 at 10:37 AM, xXxplosive said:

What a joke.....if they ever concentrated their fight and focus on the 2A all this nonsense would go away, along with your monies....if it weren't for Thomas, we'd have nothin'....instead it's "mag ban, training requirement and other nonsense" that really doesn't matter, always a distration from the real issue.....yeah, donate, donate, donate...yes it's frustrating to read these posts and most of the idiots on here fall right in line with the State and the Govenor...fools, most of ya...when ya realize that the 2A is bigger than you, me, Murphy and the rest of them, then you'l get it.....it's the Constitution Of The United States Of America we're talkin' about here......omo.

To me, it's even more basic than that. Every critter on this planet (ncluding Man) has a natural right to defend itself from physical attack. Beyond that, all humans, as individual reasoning beings, have a rational right to self-protection. Then we get to the social contract called the U. S. Constitution that puts hard limits on what the Federal and (by 14th A extension) State governments may regulate, with arms possession regulation being explicitly and expressly barred. What the government is doing regarding individual firearms possession is, to me, literally unnatural. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, father-of-three said:

Are fingerprints needed every time for new purchase permits and carry permits (and changes of address for id cards?)?

I’m reading online now that as long as you’ve got an sbi # already , you now no longer need to be fingerprinted to get the ptc. Again I’m just reading this now , and if this is true , a little ticked off that the rest of us have been paying for new prints , instead of them using the ones we already have on file ! 

On 7/20/2023 at 7:39 PM, Tunaman said:

I

IMG_1337.jpg

If you choose to pay for things you don't need, how is that anybody's fault but yours?

There is no requirement in the law for a basic pistol course. There are places to get run through a qual for significantly less that $125. If you did need to take that class because you are new to handguns, then you should probably taken it regardless of wanting a carry permit. 

If you went somewhere that had a clue what they were doing for your first qual, you wouldn't need a second one. It baffles me that an instructor would think that they could assess the safe handling of a handgun for carry without the use of a holster. Seriously?

Regardless of the requirements in the statutes, there is such a thing as personal responsibility.

If you have any sense of responsibility, you would be investing in your skill building to be able to carry with confidence with due regard for everybody else in your vicinity. Besides, building shooting skills is fun. 

Alternatively, if you blindly believe you have the right to carry a deadly weapon without a clue how to do so safely and are absolved of any responsibility for the harm you may cause to others because you don't even know what you don't know, then carry on. 

I ran a class today that I have advertised on this forum. The price was $125 and included instruction and a qual. Not everybody passed, and for valid reasons. If a person doesn't even have the self awareness to keep their finger off the trigger when they're not even on the sights, let alone firing a shot, or are so devoid of muzzle awareness that they can't stop themselves from pointing their own gun at themself, they have no business walking among us with a gun. This is after they have been instructed that these things are what not to do, and why they are bad, and in a low stress class with nobody trying to harm them. How is that going to play out in a fight? Deity help them and anyone nearby.

/rant

• Agree 1

On 7/21/2023 at 1:43 PM, Golf battery said:

Listen to last episode of gun for hire radio. It explains alot about what court cases are being pursued

I've been listening/watching for the last 15yrs. In that time, I have yet to see any case of significance being won in NJ. I have seen no restoration of my rights in that time. But I have seen a constant and consistent erosion of my rights. But don't worry, something big is right around the corner this time. Sound familiar? Just keep donating.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

If you choose to pay for things you don't need, how is that anybody's fault but yours?

There is no requirement in the law for a basic pistol course. There are places to get run through a qual for significantly less that $125. If you did need to take that class because you are new to handguns, then you should probably taken it regardless of wanting a carry permit. 

If you went somewhere that had a clue what they were doing for your first qual, you wouldn't need a second one. It baffles me that an instructor would think that they could assess the safe handling of a handgun for carry without the use of a holster. Seriously?

Regardless of the requirements in the statutes, there is such a thing as personal responsibility.

If you have any sense of responsibility, you would be investing in your skill building to be able to carry with confidence with due regard for everybody else in your vicinity. Besides, building shooting skills is fun. 

Alternatively, if you blindly believe you have the right to carry a deadly weapon without a clue how to do so safely and are absolved of any responsibility for the harm you may cause to others because you don't even know what you don't know, then carry on. 

I ran a class today that I have advertised on this forum. The price was $125 and included instruction and a qual. Not everybody passed, and for valid reasons. If a person doesn't even have the self awareness to keep their finger off the trigger when they're not even on the sights, let alone firing a shot, or are so devoid of muzzle awareness that they can't stop themselves from pointing their own gun at themself, they have no business walking among us with a gun. This is after they have been instructed that these things are what not to do, and why they are bad, and in a low stress class with nobody trying to harm them. How is that going to play out in a fight? Deity help them and anyone nearby.

/rant

I took that class for 2 reasons...1- it is required in my range before you take the Holster draw class. And you need the Holster draw class before taking this new qualification. 2- it is needed to get the Florida CCW and they offer that for a substantial discount when you take the Basic pistol course.  I have been shooting for almost 50 years and I like to use people that know what they are doing,  and people that have qualified thousands and thousands 0f RPO's and Security Guards over the last 30 years or so with the full approval of the NJSP.  You dont have the overhead that these ranges have so your comparison is moot.  And to say they dont have a clue makes you sound like a real ass, knowing full well that these qualifications have been proper all of these years.  The requalification is free now to members that took the original qualification from them( is yours free?), so that hundred can be deducted too.  The renewal wont be as bad,  but I feel real good about myself knowing that I have been trained by the BEST Instructors around.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, diamondd817 said:

I've been listening/watching for the last 15yrs. In that time, I have yet to see any case of significance being won in NJ. I have seen no restoration of my rights in that time. But I have seen a constant and consistent erosion of my rights. But don't worry, something big is right around the corner this time. Sound familiar? Just keep donating.

....and be sure to listen to Anthony.........omo.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Tunaman said:

I took that class for 2 reasons...1- it is required in my range before you take the Holster draw class. And you need the Holster draw class before taking this new qualification. 2- it is needed to get the Florida CCW and they offer that for a substantial discount when you take the Basic pistol course.  I have been shooting for almost 50 years and I like to use people that know what they are doing,  and people that have qualified thousands and thousands 0f RPO's and Security Guards over the last 30 years or so with the full approval of the NJSP.  You dont have the overhead that these ranges have so your comparison is moot.  And to say they dont have a clue makes you sound like a real ass, knowing full well that these qualifications have been proper all of these years.  The requalification is free now to members that took the original qualification from them( is yours free?), so that hundred can be deducted too.  The renewal wont be as bad,  but I feel real good about myself knowing that I have been trained by the BEST Instructors around.

Blah, Blah Blah, Blah Blah, Blah Blah.......................27 states more than half our country says this is Unconstitutional.

14 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

Blah, Blah Blah, Blah Blah, Blah Blah.......................27 states more than half our country says this is Unconstitutional.

Of course it is unconstitutional,  but for now in THIS state it is the LAW and if you want a PTC you must follow it.  I dont like it anymore than you do.

1 minute ago, Tunaman said:

Of course it is unconstitutional,  but for now in THIS state it is the LAW and if you want a PTC you must follow it.  I dont like it anymore than you do.

Then stop promoting this anti stuff......some here may think it's legit.....omo.

1 hour ago, Tunaman said:

2- it is needed to get the Florida CCW and they offer that for a substantial discount when you take the Basic pistol course.

So clearly the entire cost should be counted towards what you say you HAD to pay to get an NJ permit.:facepalm:

You dont have the overhead that these ranges have so your comparison is moot.

I don't choose my customers. My customers choose me - just like you chose the range you did. You have your reasons for it, but don't complain that the state made you pay something when it was YOUR choice to pay a premium rate.

And to say they dont have a clue makes you sound like a real ass, knowing full well that these qualifications have been proper all of these years.

Maybe I am an ass, but can you explain how anyone can legitimately sign off that someone has demonstrated safe gun handling if they haven't seen them handling a gun in a manner appropriate to the situation? If using a holster is so safe and easy that you don't think it needs assessing, why does the range you chose need you to sit through a $219 class?

The requalification is free now to members that took the original qualification from them( is yours free?)

No, I don't requalify previous customers for free because I don't need to. Everybody that qualified with me shot HQC1, which is more than substantially similar to HQC2 (modified)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

No, I don't requalify previous customers for free because I don't need to. Everybody that qualified with me shot HQC1, which is more than substantially similar to HQC2 (modified)

So how is this going to be addressed on 10/1....we also shot HQC1 as it says in our NJSP instructor's report while Anthony the Great is stating everyone tested before 7/1 needs to requalify unless you were signed off by a judge....the entire corrupted process and all the thousands of permits issued will be exactly what it is...another NJ money scam......worthless........omo.

12 hours ago, Tunaman said:

I believe the requal is free to anyone who took their qual at GFH. Not just members

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

This. If you tested at gfh, you can just sign up for a free qualification. Anthony is actually one of the few doing that. 

Well you can't just sign up. I have been checking the site daily for a week and all the quals are booked through the end of August. The site says they are adding more dates soon but nothing has been added in the past week.

8 hours ago, brucin said:

Well you can't just sign up. I have been checking the site daily for a week and all the quals are booked through the end of August. The site says they are adding more dates soon but nothing has been added in the past week.

I'm not sure if you're using the right link. I just signed up for one. 

https://gunforhire.com/academy/njccw-requal/

Scroll down. There's a few open classes. 

33 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

I'm not sure if you're using the right link. I just signed up for one. 

https://gunforhire.com/academy/njccw-requal/

Scroll down. There's a few open classes. 

Thanks I checked this morning. It appears they added more slots to the existing classes. I was able to snag the last spot on 8/28.

• Like 1