45Doll

Bobcat Sighted in Sussex County with Video

17 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Several years ago there was one down in Carney's Point (reportedly) :noshit:

I saw a bobcat, not a Mountain Lion. I can tell the difference.

• Haha 1

So we had a Mt. Lion I'd estimate 75lbs in Somerset Co. on the farm me and my son hunt....both of us saw the cat on one occasion about 40  yards in front of us....happy I was huntin' with my son or nobody would have believed just me....found numerous turkey carcasses around the acreage that it was leaving....seems it's been back every year since......phoned NJF&W at the time, they were but little interested. have a plaster cast foot print framed and hanging in my office.....

There are bobcats around. I found one dead on the side of the road about 10 years ago. I also knew a guy who's chickens kept disappearing. He sat outside one day waiting, and saw a bobcat coming towards the chicken coop. And one day I heard a bobcat, carrying on making all kinds of noise as I was sitting in my tree stand during bow season. These all happened in Gloucester County.

My brother-in-law sent me this a short time ago.  Woman in Andover saw the bobcat take down the deer in her front yard!

image.thumb.jpeg.c1b4da4a5bebcd8de90eaf487989d65a.jpeg

7 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Wow! That bobcat must pack some punch!

Cats are incredibly strong for their size as this photo shows. I'd rather tangle with a large dog than a bobcat.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, brucin said:

Cats are incredibly strong for their size as this photo shows. I'd rather tangle with a large dog than a bobcat.

A really pissed off housecat can do a LOT of damage to a human if it chooses to. 

A bobcat will positively fuck you up. 

I shudder to imagine what a mountain lion could do to you.

24 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

A really pissed off housecat can do a LOT of damage to a human if it chooses to. 

Oh yeah. My wife and I each have one scar to demonstrate that. And neither of those cats were pissed at us, but just agitated about another cat outside a window.

...god bless their little canine teeth. :diablo:

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

I shudder to imagine what a mountain lion could do to you.

Armed with a magnum caliber handgun I give myself a 70% chance if I see the mountain lion attack coming. I give the cat an 80% chance of success on a surprise attack which they are masters of.

Edited by brucin

1 hour ago, Scorpio64 said:

Man, taking a doe without a license or a tag out of season.  That bobcat is in big trouble. 

Go ahead, give him a summons. At best we'll be calling you two finger Scorpio. Or Lefty.:D

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Oh yeah. My wife and I each have one scar to demonstrate that. And neither of those cats were pissed at us, but just agitated about another cat outside a window.

...god bless their little canine teeth. :diablo:

A few years ago, my boss was attacked by a feral cat. 

I was shocked about how much damage that cat did to him. Scary how that cat tore him up. 
Unfortunately for him, he had to go through the rabies treatment. 

• Sad 1