Ray Ray

Lasik anyone?

Update:

I was going to post yesterday but I really wasn't ready to stare at a computer to type. My eyes were a little too sensative. Today is much better. I'm able to see pretty clearly out of my right eye but the left is still blurry. The doctor had changed the procedure on my left eye to PRK. So Lasik for the right eye, and PRK for the left. The left eye still has the temporary contact in it and it's annoying to say the least. I can see fine in the shade, but sunlight causes me to close my eyes so I stay indoors. Hopefully tomorrow will bring more clearness and less irritants. Thanks for the info here guys, you've been a big help.

I had mine done about 7 years ago by Dr. Chin at Westwood Opthamology. I am very happy with the results. I have to wear over the counter reading glasses but my distance vision is pretty good 7 years later. I did a lot of research before deciding on a doctor. You don't want to bargain shop when it comes to your eyes.

update:

Okay, so it's been a week and I just had the left contact taken out and waiting for that eye to catch up. The doc checked my vision and it was 20/40 out of my right eye and 20/60 out of my left, I think. It's still a little tuff to focus on things close up since my eyes are seeing differently but it's getting better. The doctor also said by the time I return on the 30th of this month, that I should be seeing about as good as if I had my glasses on. Well, I'm happy, the misses is happy, but the wallet is mad. 3800 hundred bucks, OUCH!

don't take this the wrong way but your statement of I should be able to see just as good as if i was wearing contacts. If thats the best they could do, I would be PIST. My eye site greatly improves from glasses to soft contacts and even more from soft contacts to hard contacts. Like I said, I probably would of gotten it done if my eyes were able to get done, but now that I havn't done it, I am kind of glad I didn't. I don't do well with uncertainty and not knowing if my eye sight would be ok or not would freak me out.

Hope your eyes adjust to being equal and you have no problems!! And enjoy not wearing glasses, ugh that sounds so nice

Matt, I think I was seeing a little better than 20/20 with my glasses when they were brand new. If 20/20 is the best I can do, then I'll be happy. It's only been 10 days and I'm still healing, so there's alot left to find out. Hopefully, it all works out.

wow thats good with glasses. I'm not where near that with glasses. With soft contacts im 20/200 in my left eye to give you an idea haha. Hard contacts brings that eye to 20/40

Before the surgery, my eyesight was 20/800! Yesterday I was 20/40 and 20/60 in my right and left eye respectivly.

No need to sweat it. It takes a few months for your eyes to be completely healed and set. After 6 months, don't be surprised if you're seeing 20/15-20/10 out of both eyes.

That's my goal, seeing just as good as I did when I just filled a new lens prescription in my glasses and I was seeing better than 20/20.

I just thought I'd update this since it's been a great experience. I went to the Lasik eye doctor yesterday and they checked my eyes. My eyes healed and my vision is right on 20/20.

I know many people who have had it done and none reported any problems.

My boy who I discuss it most with at length thinks it is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I was all set to go.

They told me I have a condition called Kerataconus which is a thinning at edges, bulging in middle cornea problem.

I am the WORST candidate for it.

I am still depressed about it 2 years later.

To play it safe, I planned on getting 1 eye done at a time so if their was an issue, I would still be able to use 1 eye.

Dello Russo is a reputable Dr.

Nothing to be concerned with as far as his rep goes.

Same here Mikey.

I went to Dr. Silverman. He actually laughed at me and goes, please don't go to another doctor your eyes suck :)

Yay for contacts for the rest of my life, or a cornea replacement is an option as well UGH