diverrk

First Shotgun !!

7 months? There oughta be a law (oh, there is).

Anyway, congratulations on your new shottie, and welcome to the group. Different groups of us get together occasionally to make orange dust. Check the events forum for a time and location near you.

Ken

Congrats.

Welcome to the forum.

A number of us shoot shotguns at flying orange things on a regular basis. You've got a great gun, good choice.

If you were further north, I'd know what to tell you but for that area, I think Mallard may be the closest.

If this is your first shotgun, I'm going to suggest you get a Limbsaver recoil pad. Several days after you've shot 150 rounds through your gun in the space of a few hours and your shoulder is still blue, you'll be doing the research and getting one. May as well save yourself the pain now :D. It'll be the best $25 you spend.

Congrats.

Welcome to the forum.

A number of us shoot shotguns at flying orange things on a regular basis. You've got a great gun, good choice.

If you were further north, I'd know what to tell you but for that area, I think Mallard may be the closest.

If this is your first shotgun, I'm going to suggest you get a Limbsaver recoil pad. Several days after you've shot 150 rounds through your gun in the space of a few hours and your shoulder is still blue, you'll be doing the research and getting one. May as well save yourself the pain now :D. It'll be the best $25 you spend.

Good advice.

The 500 takes a Medium size pad. Some WalMarts have them, you just need to check around. They're real Limbsavers, but are branded in Winchester packaging.

Congrats.

Welcome to the forum.

Good advice.

The 500 takes a Medium size pad. Some WalMarts have them, you just need to check around. They're real Limbsavers, but are branded in Winchester packaging.

Ken, the funny thing is...no one listens. heh. "I'm a man, I can take it". Sure you can. The question is WHY WOULD YOU?

I mean, we've all taken a good smack in the groin...we're all still here...if you could have avoided it would you? Some folks do enjoy that so they don't count.

Well after waiting almost 7 months for my FID from Woodbridge, I went and bought the Mossberg 500 combo from Dicks. It comes out to $259 after rebate.

Can anyone tell me a good place to shoot trap, low cost or better yet free :D

Which combo did you get? I bought the Mossberg 500 security combo. It has a shorty barrel for home protection and a 28 vented rib barrel for trap, hunting, etc. I know they make other combos that have rifled slug barrels.

Oh, and enjoy!

Well after waiting almost 7 months for my FID from Woodbridge, I went and bought the Mossberg 500 combo from Dicks. It comes out to $259 after rebate.

Can anyone tell me a good place to shoot trap, low cost or better yet free :D

It's a great deal...I should know -- I bought one too! :)

Congrats.

Welcome to the forum.

Do you happen to know what size limbsaver it uses?

I called them and said they don't make an "exact" size limbsaver for this particular shotgun. I could either get a oversized one and grind it down or send it in for a custom fit (and a custom price tag as well). Any ideas?

Ouch, custom price tag would hurt !! I find that strange that they wouldn't have the right size it's a very popular gun.

On this website : http://www.eabco.com/Limbsaver.html

They list one as:

Pre-fit Recoil Pad for Mossberg 500 AG Wood Stock $31.75

Whats the AG ?

I also noticed they make slip ons. Anygood ?

What size slipon did you get, I was figuring the med but it only comes in Camo from the Limbsaver site. Then they have this sm/med one that only has 1/2 LOP

Walmart has the Limbsaver brand in a Winchester package. You need the medium size for a Wood stock Mossy 500, synthetic stocks need a large. I adds 1" to LOP.

you guys are just being wimps. No need for a recoil pad. but I will be putting one on my Rem 700 and my Mosin when I get it. Shotgun, pshhhhh no need :)

Congrats on the buy, at that price with the two barrels thats a freaking steal