matt6669

What food can't you eat

Well I have Crohn's disease pretty bad so the main things I cant eat without getting violently sick are Milk Products, Peanuts, Cashews, Lettuce, Apples, Salads, Broccoli, Pizza, Fast food is the biggest no no for me. Although I do indulge and face the consequences later on. Sometimes that Wendy's Menu looks so good. LOL.

Tripe.

Not "Can't" but won't.

Ranks really high on my "Disgusting" list.

I thought I was the only one.

I eat pretty much everything else. I don't keep Kosher, and eat pork like a fiend. Lynn works for a seafood wholesaler, so I'll eat anything from fresh or salt water, including shellfish. I have a huge weakness for soft shell crabs and raw oysters.

The "don't care for" list is pretty short:

tripe

okra

grits

couscous

kidney pie

liver & blood loaf

head cheese

stinking bishop (and most other similar cheeses)

fried grasshoppers (yeah, I've tried them)

pica pops (jalapeno pepper lollipops)

there may be a couple more

I like haggis.

K

I can't eat anything Indian, the smell of curry makes me Vomit. Or brains, even after you fry them they still have a disgusting texture too them.

Not all Indian food is made with curry. We don't like curry either, but went to a traditional Indian wedding this past summer and a lot of the food is good, but spicey. Unfortunately most of it is vegetarian, hard to find dishes with chicken in them, no meat.

My first apartment when I was 18 was a common entrance type of deal, the couple that moved in 2 weeks after I did were indian. The smell was unbelievably bad, it was in my appt, in my clothes, everything. To this day I can not stand the smell of curry. I could not wait for my lease to be up, I couldn't leave that place fast enough. It got to the point where I did not even want to go home! I think they got the hint when I shoved about 50 air fresheners under their door one day, and hung another 50 on their door knob, and yes...all of them were out of the wrapper.

j0825018.gif

I'm mildly lactose intolerant, which is ironic since I was born in Wisconsin of all places... raised in NJ though. Actually, once I got out of the Army, my system suddenly started rejecting a lot of foods, which is pretty disappointing. I don't know if it was the terrible, nutrient-rich foods that ruined my digestive system or all the medications/inoculations they shot me up with (or both).

But, to answer the question, I can eat anything, and will try at least once... and honestly, haven't found anything I couldn't handle at all. Rocky Mountain oysters took some time to get over, but the food itself wasn't bad. Live squid, freshly cut up, still trying to stick to the plate was weird at first-- but pretty good.

My first apartment when I was 18 was a common entrance type of deal, the couple that moved in 2 weeks after I did were indian. The smell was unbelievably bad, it was in my appt, in my clothes, everything. To this day I can not stand the smell of curry. I could not wait for my lease to be up, I couldn't leave that place fast enough. It got to the point where I did not even want to go home! I think they got the hint when I shoved about 50 air fresheners under their door one day, and hung another 50 on their door knob, and yes...all of them were out of the wrapper.

j0825018.gif

Is that how you got into the carwash biz?

So, in my previous post I broke down some religious restrictions... but since none of them really apply to me, let me get out what i won't eat on a regular basis:

seafood, brocolli, spinach, most green vegetables actually with the exception of lettuce, string beans, peas, and cucumbers. Parsley makes me want to gag.. and basil has a similar effect. Not a huge fan of asian food, but i can usually find something on the menu that doesn't offend me too much. I've never tried Indian food and I refuse to even consider it. Middle Eastern food is ok, as is most european food minus weird things like tongue, brain, testicles, eyeballs, etc.

At the end of the day few things make me happier than bacon cheeseburgers, steaks, feta cheese, omelletes or pasta with meatsauce.

Well, since this topic had already fallen apart, I just want to say what a pleasure it was to meet Mrs. Chad the other night at BA.

Oh yeah, and Garlic kills me for some reason, s#cks getting old as I used to be able to eat anything :o

So from the sounds of it, everyone will eat pretty much everything as long as its NORMAL food.

Thats good to know. So we don't have a big percentage of hardcore Jewish people who don't eat pork, I'm kinda surprised but thats good to hear :)

Thats good to know. So we don't have a big percentage of hardcore Jewish people who don't eat pork, I'm kinda surprised but thats good to hear :)

"Hardcore Jewish people"????

and why is it good to hear?

"Hardcore Jewish people"????

and why is it good to hear?

Ahhhh young grasshopper you need to be patient and wait and you will soon know all that is worthy in this world.