Brisco

Old Bridge Rifle & Pistol Club

CSJ, If they see you sweeping yourself at a steel shoot or IDPA meet, you will be asked to leave! A newbie at our fun shoots gets one warning/instruction, then it is adios partner!

That's how it works at Old Bridge too, you get to go home for the night. They make newbies run through a basic safety test.. I've seen a few guys who needed more practice.. so they gave them some tips and told them to come back next time with more practice.

CSJ,

Is Old Bridge's facility small? i went passed it while taking my friend home, it seemed really small. were there other building i couldn't see or are looks deceiving?

Yep, two different locations, only a few minutes apart. The indoor range isn't really small.. It's 25 yards long, and doesn't have ports like a commercial range, but it it did, I would say there's room for about 15 ports or so. I haven't been there in a while, but I believe there are about 8 or 10 "full sized" - bout 3 feet across targets backers at the end.

The outdoor range is pretty large, Theres probably at least 10 spots on the 50 and 100 yard ranges. I never really paid attention to it, because it is only full at matches.

I've called and left messages at the South River Pistol Clubs too many times.. Years ago i used to work near there and visited it.. wish i joined or had the option to, i hate having to travel to shoot.. arg

Oh and one question about OBRPC, if joining will working more hours go towards lowering cost of membership? I shoot about 3 times a month and have 0 gun buddies, would love to belong to a community of shooters and make some range buddies but the price factor is a bit intimidating and a turn off :-(

Oh and one question about OBRPC, if joining will working more hours go towards lowering cost of membership? I shoot about 3 times a month and have 0 gun buddies, would love to belong to a community of shooters and make some range buddies but the price factor is a bit intimidating and a turn off :-(

I dont believe so. Im a member and Ive never heard of that being the case.

I do think CJRPC may do that, but not OBRPC, at least not that I am aware of.

One thing I will say, the initial cost is a little intimidating, but is is a good club and will be a member for as long as I am in NJ. On that note I will say that if I lived closer to CJRPC, I would be a member there, the problem is if your too far away, you won't go as much, that's what happened to me with Shore Shot, especially when it came to summer traffic.

Harry

By NOT doing worh hours there the cost of membership will INCREASE.

I am going to start doing some work hours there (hopefully) otherwise I will be paying more.

Either-way, I like the place and have no problem with the fees. Beats driving to the Shore area to shoot or Fort Dix. OB is five minutes from me.

yeah CJRPC is way too far and I have a friend that has shot at Oldbridge and thought it was awesome shooting at 3 in the morn, finally talked him into getting a firearm. I just don't know how much longer I'm gonna stay in Jersey, but as long as work goes good the rest of this month I will probably apply in November.. Work at Jose Tejas so money varies day to day. I really want to do some action shooting.

So the one Sunday I manage to have off there is nothing going on?

What Sunday are you talking about?? I hope it wasn't today, if so you missed a good day.

Don't forget there are other clubs that run things, OB is nice and I am more familiar being it's my club but don't overlook CJ and the others.

I was seeing if we could get the Forum Calender to work so we can put the event for all the clubs in one location, maybe that will happen soon.

I've been a member for about 6 months now @ OBRPC, the upfront cost is a decent chunk of change, but the facilities are worth the cost... What good is having a bunch of weapons, if you have no place to shoot them.

Note: longest lane @ the outdoor range is 100yards, indoor range is 25 yards( i think )

Actually, one big plus to mention for Old Bridge, as for some reason they are more open to it than others, you can do rifle in the OB pits IIRC. There is no place to run and gun at CJRPC with a rifle, besides a 22lr in the pits.

Providing my job gives me the morning off I'll definitely be joining Oldbridge Club on the 12th, would of loved to of been able to shoot the action steel that day tho :-( if i cant get the morning off will they accept an application sometime that week?

Providing my job gives me the morning off I'll definitely be joining Oldbridge Club on the 12th, would of loved to of been able to shoot the action steel that day tho :-( if i cant get the morning off will they accept an application sometime that week?

Unlikely, You'll prob. have to wait till the following month to apply.

The " application / orientation " is an verbal overview of the club, its history and the rules, followed by shooting 20 or so rounds off in the indoor range so that they can observe how safe you are with your firearm. Once that is done with and your happy with how everything is you cut them a check and they hand you a probationary ID badge and key card to enter the facilities.

Actually, one big plus to mention for Old Bridge, as for some reason they are more open to it than others, you can do rifle in the OB pits IIRC. There is no place to run and gun at CJRPC with a rifle, besides a 22lr in the pits.

Unless they changed the rules recently, you can not shoot center fire rifle in any pit except the old 100 yard range which is now the 50 yard GP range. As long as it is not already being used you can do whatever you want there. Just make sure the rounds go in the berm!

Well, if that is true then I have been breaking the rules and so have a lot of people. Plus, when we have multi-gun matches we use all the pistol pits and everyone is using either AR's with .556 NATO (or .223), AK's with 7.62x39, or carbines with handgun rounds.

Now, high-power stuff I only use at the 100 yard range myself. Not sure if anyone else is shooting high-power rounds in the pictol pits, I see no reason to myself.

Well, if that is true then I have been breaking the rules and so have a lot of people. Plus, when we have multi-gun matches we use all the pistol pits and everyone is using either AR's with .556 NATO (or .223), AK's with 7.62x39, or carbines with handgun rounds.

Now, high-power stuff I only use at the 100 yard range myself. Not sure if anyone else is shooting high-power rounds in the pictol pits, I see no reason to myself.

Mike, you haven't been breaking the rules, your good..

50 cal handguns can be used at the pistol pits, but not rifles right?

I couldn't imagine why anyone would take a 50 BMG to a pistol pit, what fun would that be?

Now, if some just happens to OWN a 50 BMG and wants to shoot it at the High Power range sometime I have some ammo I would LOVE to see/feel go downrange................ :icon_mrgreen:

My Mosin has a decent kick, but sadly, I need more.......... Slugs and Buck Shot just ain't enough either.......