Ray Ray

Bi-Weekly meetup at Bullet Hole

Just saw this today.. I was at BH last night around 7:30pm picking up a Ruger LCR 357. Next time I guess.

i was thinkin about that LCR .357, did u shoot it? -if so, ur thoughts?

i dont think i will be going back to the BH unless its a Sunday.

i'd rather go elsewhere thats not packed & open late.

CageFighter - http://www.range.bayonne.net/

Their range is ok - it gets a little smokey in there depending on what some people are shooting. I went there once with Ray and his pops.

i'd rather choke & be able to shoot, than drive & not shoot.

send me ur contact # and I'll call u when we go.

It's great when you go into a range and they keep selling range time despite there being no chance of getting to use it. I realize Gun for Hire is associated with the Range, but if we're consistently bringing as many people as we do a little consideration would be nice too. And if you're going to block out half the range for DOJ, Homeland Security, Jellystone Park Rangers, or whatever that group is do you think perhaps a heads up is in order? Someone mentioned that some old guy said, "Great. Jerry's Kids are here." I'm assuming it's that guy who shoot's his .22 rifle or the owner. Pick 'em for who said it though since I can imagine either would.

It was actually the range officer who asked me "Are you part of Jerry's Kids?" I am assuming RayRay is "Jerry" and we are his "kids". I have to say that the last few times I have been there I have been a little disappointed. The reason I have been going 30 minutes early is because of the constant problem with not getting lanes if you get there at 7pm. It used to be very slow on a Tuesday night but now no more it seems. I had asked the range officer if there was a specific night during the week that was better than Tuesday and he said "ITS ALWAYS BUSY HERE" and that we should talk to Manny the owner to find what night is the best night for us to be there. I am leaning towards trying Bayonne out since that range stays open later I can justify the drive out to Ray's neck of the woods. We'll see what happens.

It's great when you go into a range and they keep selling range time despite there being no chance of getting to use it. I realize Gun for Hire is associated with the Range, but if we're consistently bringing as many people as we do a little consideration would be nice too. And if you're going to block out half the range for DOJ, Homeland Security, Jellystone Park Rangers, or whatever that group is do you think perhaps a heads up is in order? Someone mentioned that some old guy said, "Great. Jerry's Kids are here." I'm assuming it's that guy who shoot's his .22 rifle or the owner. Pick 'em for who said it though since I can imagine either would.

It was actually the range officer who asked me "Are you part of Jerry's Kids?" I am assuming RayRay is "Jerry" and we are his "kids". I have to say that the last few times I have been there I have been a little disappointed. The reason I have been going 30 minutes early is because of the constant problem with not getting lanes if you get there at 7pm. It used to be very slow on a Tuesday night but now no more it seems.

It would have been worth it if you emptied out that bucket into Ray's bag. I could have distracted the RO. LOL

It was actually the range officer who asked me "Are you part of Jerry's Kids?" I am assuming RayRay is "Jerry" and we are his "kids". I have to say that the last few times I have been there I have been a little disappointed. The reason I have been going 30 minutes early is because of the constant problem with not getting lanes if you get there at 7pm. It used to be very slow on a Tuesday night but now no more it seems. I had asked the range officer if there was a specific night during the week that was better than Tuesday and he said "ITS ALWAYS BUSY HERE" and that we should talk to Manny the owner to find what night is the best night for us to be there. I am leaning towards trying Bayonne out since that range stays open later I can justify the drive out to Ray's neck of the woods. We'll see what happens.

Well that's okay then he was just busting ballz. :icon_e_wink: He seems very friendly.

i was thinkin about that LCR .357, did u shoot it? -if so, ur thoughts?

i dont think i will be going back to the BH unless its a Sunday.

i'd rather go elsewhere thats not packed & open late.

No I typically don't shoot at BH since their line is usually too long and I didn't have my eyes n ears that day.

Re. the LCR, the trigger is really sweet, feels much lighter than the triggers on my SW 325 and Colt Python and their's no stacking. I did notice an issue which I need to double check with Ruger. Very occasionally th cylinder does not turn when I pull the trigger. Almost all instances happen when I first close the cylinder and I'm not sure if that's normal.

I wanted to do this in Bayonne but I didn't think most here would want to go. There's good and bad with the Bayonne Range.

The good:

No line

No RO busting balls

We are not packed together like sardines

The bad:

No rifles, but shotguns are okay if only for a few rounds and as long as you tell him.

You can fire magnums, but it was to be in the center 3 lanes

bad lighting, but not a big difference than the BH

The place is old!

I can talk to the RO there. I've been shooting with him and at the place for so long I can pretty much do as I please.

I wanted to do this in Bayonne but I didn't think most here would want to go. There's good and bad with the Bayonne Range.

The good:

No line

No RO busting balls

We are not packed together like sardines

The bad:

No rifles, but shotguns are okay if only for a few rounds and as long as you tell him.

You can fire magnums, but it was to be in the center 3 lanes

bad lighting, but not a big difference than the BH

The place is old!

CASH ONLY

I can talk to the RO there. I've been shooting with him and at the place for so long I can pretty much do as I please.

You left one out.

I don't remember Ray do they charge per lane or per person?

I do remember back over the summer the week after the BH's vacation that we packed the house and one of the RO's brought it to Manny's attention that we're here every other Tuesday and it was a 'I don't give a **** attitude'. I think they kept selling range time way past the point of being sold out for the night and didn't stop selling till maybe 7:45. With 4 people behind the counter you can't keep track of when all your ports are sold out? This goes back to B&M businesses not having any competition.

It's per person, but I can get a group deal. And cash only.

Like I said before and many times, I do NOT like the Bullet Hole. Never have, never will. They treat you like garbage and just want your money. I only go there for the meet-up.

How about this, lets do the next meet-up at the Bayonne Range. If it goes well and everyone likes it, then we'll keep it. If it goes bad, then we'll go back to the Bullet Hole. Though I can't imagine it going bad.

I def wanna check the Bayonne range out. It's about double the distance for me... but the fact that it's open later is a big plus since I usually don't get home from work till 7 at the earliest.

Does it have electronic target movers?

Yeah, the open till 10 thing will help me get out there, even though it almost triples my travel time.

Ray, one question - what about driving in Bayonne, and the speed limit? I grew up on Staten Island, and always knew if you go even 1 mph over in Bayonne, that's a ticket.

That still true?

I def wanna check the Bayonne range out. It's about double the distance for me... but the fact that it's open later is a big plus since I usually don't get home from work till 7 at the earliest.

Does it have electronic target movers?

Yep there are.

I'm down for trying Bayonne. At least I'll have a baby sitter if the wife doesn't get home early since my parents still lives there.

Karcirate - I always do 35 mph in Bayonne and never go 40 mph more unless i'm in the middle of a pack since I know that can be an instant ticket. If you take Kennedy blvd, don't ever go more than 35mph. Then again, I think they pick on out of state plates more than jersey plates. I think Ray can chime in more on this.

I don't think I'll do the ride to Bayonne on a week night. Isn't this close to Jersey City?I drive from Newark to Butler then Butler to Belleville to BH with traffic, then back to Butler. That's enough punishment for one night.

Ooh that cash only thing is gonna screw me. I don't always have cash, so I won't be shooting if they can't take plastic.

MAC machine, my friend. or write urself a check & take out the $$ earlier in the day.

im sure everyone can pitch in if anyone gets jammed up during a meet w/ no cash.

im definately down w/ BAYONNE! Coming from Ringwood, i dont think it would be much further than BH. AT least its ALL HIGHWAY!

Basically what Ryan said is correct. Except the Boulivard isn't the fastest way there. It all depends on where your coming from. You normally would take 78 East (NJTP extension) to exit 14A. Then take 440 south after going through the tollboth. Stay on 440 until the sign says "Ave A, last exit in NJ". Get off, make a right at the "T". Then go under the train bridge and head up to 16th Street (The exit gets off at 8th street), make a right (there will be a firehouse on the corner where you are turning) and head down the street SLOWLY! It's 16th street park so there will be kids and stop signs and po po will be around. Turn left when the street ends and wala! There she is. Parking is in front or down by the bay.

Ooh that cash only thing is gonna screw me. I don't always have cash, so I won't be shooting if they can't take plastic.

Dude, you don't have 15 bucks? And if I get a group rate, it'll be like 12.

I don't think I'll do the ride to Bayonne on a week night. Isn't this close to Jersey City?I drive from Newark to Butler then Butler to Belleville to BH with traffic, then back to Butler. That's enough punishment for one night.

Come after work, look your toys in the trunk! Instead of going way up to the mountains where the crazy people live and then head back down to "da hood". And then head back up to redneck-land!

MAC machine, my friend. or write urself a check & take out the $$ earlier in the day.

im sure everyone can pitch in if anyone gets jammed up during a meet w/ no cash.

im definately down w/ BAYONNE! Coming from Ringwood, i dont think it would be much further than BH. AT least its ALL HIGHWAY!

How do you get to BH - it's all highway. Do you take rt 3 east to 21? Bayonne is about another 1/2 hour with traffic on rt 3 unless there is a faster way. I take rt 23 to 46 to 3 to 21 south to BH

Come after work, look your toys in the trunk! Instead of going way up to the mountains where the crazy people live and then head back down to "da hood". And then head back up to redneck-land!

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

FYI: i drive to SS, BH & CJRP during the week at 7pm! passenger seat ALWAYS empty!

How do you get to BH - it's all highway. Do you take rt 3 east to 21? Bayonne is about another 1/2 hour with traffic on rt 3 unless there is a faster way. I take rt 23 to 46 to 3 to 21 south to BH

skyline dr - 287n - 208s - 20s - 21s =da hood!

id take 287- 208 - 4 - 17 - 80 - NJTPKE to go to Bayonne. BH dont deserve my $$.

i would drive to china (n back) to shoot my gun. just ask Tony, Luis & Bry@n.