BCeagle

Who has the most firearms in stock?

I prefer to pick up a rifle or handgun before buying, I like to get my own opinion on ergonomics and regardless of how much the maker says it ways, I want to feel how much it feels it weighs to me. Lately I have been going from store to store looking at some rifles and I would love just to go to one place to pick up a few that are similar in price/reviews and leave with it.

What place has a lot in stock that you can actually see from the counter. I add the second part because I always stop by BH and handguns are fine but for rifles you cant make out anything on the shelves or know what they have downstairs. Tips at least has everything online which is a big +++ but seem a bit overpriced.

Opinions?

I go to a lot of the stores in NJ very regularly. I think NJ Firearms Guild in Rahway might have the most handguns in stock. They have an awful lot.

Cheyenne might have the most long guns in stock.

Funny thing is that if you had a specific model in mind, I might bet that it would be in the Bullet Hole's case. Small store, very cramped, but somehow they end up having the things you actually want, a lot of the time.

-Dave

NJ Firearms Guild in Rahway was very expensive. They wanted $200 over msrp on my Kimber Raptor. They also wanted to charge $75.00 for an FFL transfer on a gun they did not have and could not get for months. Needless to say they wont see my face again.

NJ Firearms Guild in Rahway was very expensive. They wanted $200 over msrp on my Kimber Raptor. They also wanted to charge $75.00 for an FFL transfer on a gun they did not have and could not get for months. Needless to say they wont see my face again.

I'm of the same mentality, once I see gouging I wont go back. Some places are pretty hit and miss too, good prices on one thing awful on others.

Shore shot has more pistols in stock then any other NJ shop that I have even been in before, at least 20 to 30 of every major caliber if not more. Rifles they about about 30, mostly AR-15's some saiga's and a few carbines.

Bobs Little Sport Shop in Glassboro has a very good stock of handguns and pistols. Everything they have quoted me I have found cheaper but I will check what they have when I hit the range. If you buy a gun from them you get a free hour at the range but we all know nothing is free so this could be why there prices are extra higher.

For the best prices see Vinny who is a licensed FFL here.

I dont know if we have the most but we sure do have a lot. All the firearms we stock we also stand behind. Being a store and a range we have the advantage of finding out what works and what lasts better then most places. We are also the first person you see when you come off the range so we hate to sell guns that we dont stand behind. So come check out our stock of great reliable firearms. Open to answer any questions you may have. Shore Shot Pistol Range in Lakewood, NJ right off exit 89 Parkway South. (732)905-6888 ext. 0 if you want to see if we have a particular in stock or if we can get it for you. For any normal firearm that we will be able to resell we do not require any form of deposit to order. If the gun is out of stock we dont take any money just incase you can find the gun somewhere else. We also do FFL transfers. Any questions PLEASE CALL!

I've purchased at Bob's Little Sport Shop in Glassboro and I enjoy shooting there regularly. They have a great staff who are always helpful. If they don't have something in stock they will try real hard to get it. They have a decent stock on hand.

I've also purchased from Butch's Gun World in Vineland. They also have a decent stock on hand and a great staff.

Shore_shot, I sent you a PM, please read it.

They charge $35 + NICS. About as good as it gets around here. Some of the shops want way more. Rahway told me $75...Bullet shitHole $65...go to Shore Shot

$35 + nics is about average... some charge as low as $25 plus nics. depends if handgun or rifle.

Heads up for R&R if you aren't a smoker, you cant breath inside the little place but sometimes has good prices. Also he is open only for couple hours a day.

+1 for Butch's in Vineland.

also, R&R gunsmith in somers point has a lot of used long guns on the back wall for a decent price. (snagged my mossberg 590 for 250 and it looked practically brand new!)

Butch's Gun World in Vineland

.. more long guns then handguns, but still a good selection and very good prices.

X2... plus 3.5% tax instead of 7%. Friendly and a lot of USED stuff (AR's, Handguns, etc). Gosh, I think most of what I have was used.

Ammo prices ain't half bad either.

Shore_shot, I sent you a PM, please read it.

They charge $35 + NICS. About as good as it gets around here. Some of the shops want way more. Rahway told me $75...Bullet shitHole $65...go to Shore Shot

I'd never buy a gun from Bullet shitHole, but their range is decent.

Well, I shouldn't say never, if a great deal comes along that I can't pass up, then I won't pass it up!

If your in Hudson, Essex, or Union County, Armament Gunsmithing in Hillside does transfers too.