matt6669

Ebay just downright STINKS!!

I hate that company with a passion so much. I hope these people go out of business.

They will now no longer allow you to sell something on their site WITHOUT going through paypal. What a monopoly piece of crap these people are.

I will no longer be using Ebay for ANYTHING. And they wonder why people use craiglist etc.

So mad!

nothing, I wanted to sell something and you can't sell anything unless you use paypal. And since ebay owns paypal, they get to charge you a final value you price through ebay, and then when you pay through paypal they get to charge you yet again the final price as well. It's total bs. I hope they go bankrupt!

I hear too many complaints, scams and thieves on Craigs list to try and sell or buy anything on it. Good for you if it works, but I just hear too many bad things. Been using Ebay for 12 years and never had a problem?

John I've been using craigslist for ever. Never accept anything but cash from people thats my stance on the subject. Tell them to come pick the stuff up or you go pick the stuff up.

ebay is a bunch of crooks if you ask me

Well, I have bought and sold hundreds of things through ebay, without ever having a single problem. I have sold cameras for over $2K, and had no problem. I collect some memoriabilia, and have bought dozens of items for over several hundred dollars, and a few for several thousand, without a single problem.

I mostly use paypal (although I think they give you much less protection these days), I only buy from people with a lot of positive feedback and 0 negative feedback, and I only sell to people who either send me paypal, money orders or I wait for the check to actually clear. I never buy and sell outside the US.

So, I know people have issues, but I've had many hundreds of successful transactions, and my wife has sold far more than me. I think she had one problem collecting payment once, but just ended up selling it again a few months later.

-Dave

this one girl from california sold me a milling bit, could not get her to ship or refund for the item, so i left neg feed back and she pestered me to retract it, i told her to ship the item or refund me and she rfused to do so and still hounded me to retract the neg feed back.

had to close my account and change my email to make her go away and i took the 55.00 loss.

this one girl from california sold me a milling bit, could not get her to ship or refund for the item, so i left neg feed back and she pestered me to retract it, i told her to ship the item or refund me and she rfused to do so and still hounded me to retract the neg feed back.

had to close my account and change my email to make her go away and i took the 55.00 loss.

What was her feedback? I don't do business with people less than 100 positive and 0 negative....I wonder if she met that?

I have somewhere around 700 feedback on ebay. Only had a few problems. A few people said their stuff never showed up, a few people pestered my even after I took the loss. This was back in high school when I was dealing with $5 items.

I really only got really ripped one time when I bought a cold air intake for my car, they shipped the wrong one, contacted them to get the correct one, after I sent it back, they seemingly disappeared off the face of the planet. So that was like a $250 loss.

I just got a new part time job on craigslist though. :D

My wife buys & sells crap on ebay all the time, there have been a few instances of non payment, rare, but she usually deals in items <$50. How does ebay do compared to Gunbroker?

Never had a problem on Gunbroker. One time i had to wait a kind of long time, but it was for accessories worth under $10 if i can remember correctly.

i stopped when they started the pay pal policy - also a VERY anti gun organization - used to get good deals on parts , mags. , + barrels till they prohibited their sale -

i stopped when they started the pay pal policy - also a VERY anti gun organization - used to get good deals on parts , mags. , + barrels till they prohibited their sale -

There are still quite a few firearms related products on ebay. Just type in RCBS and you'll see what I mean.

I have not had a bad deal yet on Craigslist but I ONLY deal in person.

I rarely sell now, but did use to sell once fired brass on ebay. At the bottom of the items description I alway put "Payment by check (all checks held 10 days) or M.O.'s. NO PAYPAL. Seldom did anyone pay using PayPal after that, I even shipped. Not a cure all but seems to help.

I haven't had any real big issues with ebay but I only sell stuff knowing that I could get totally hosed.

a friend sold a printer, new in the box to some guy in CA. This was a printer he got with a new computer from Dell and was never opened.

The guy wrote back and filed claim that it was a broken, old printer. So he had to refund him. When he got it back, it wasn't even the same model printer. The guy just tossed his old junk in there, took a picture, filed a complaint and got a new printer for free.

You just have to be ready to take a beating on whatever you sell and on the fees. If you can accept that, you're good to go.

this has nothing to do with the people who sell stuff on ebay guys.

This has to do with ebay itself creating a forced monopoly if you use there services.

I have reduced the amount of items I sell on there. ID box3876 and ID comptrnerd are both mine. Toy trucks and NJSP stuff I sell. Whenever I have tried to include the words postal money order or check they will not even let the ad get posted. They have incorporated word filters that scan your listing before it is even posted. I hate them too but my stuff does not sell on Craigslist.

Also I have noticed that every year the money my items actually bring in gets less. Looks as if buyers are even shying away from there.

not had a bad deal yet on Craigslist

I put an item on their site for the gun club. Started getting tons of junk email. No valid buyers, just a bunch of oddballs.

I always use PayPal anyway so it isn't an issue. But the deals on Ebay have pretty much vanished and it has turned into a retail outlet for the most part. Little in the way of deals on reloading items and after paying the shipping costs I can get it locally for the same price or less.