Ray Ray

Ray Ray's Zombie Apocolypse thread

I used to work at that warehouse, roof top access, fence surrounding the perimeter, we could use pallets to block access point ( a stack of 20 pallets 2 or 3 deep is like the great wall of china) we could make our accommodations for ourselves in the racks since they go up 50 feet. i have obviously put a lot of thought into this, definitely the best place to be at if SHTF

A name? You need a name? Guys - this is a SHTF situation and you're worried about some sissy name? :roll:

You need to re-evaluate your priorities.

(I vote for Maks Mosiach Militia)

That is why we need a name before hand so when the zombies come it is already done and will help us identify other people. You are just jealous because we will have a better name than you :p

And there is a food distribution warehouse by me :D A few actually.

Count me in for Central... What I lack in combat training I can make up with other skills. All teams need an engineer, right? I'll figure out the water issue...

Bingo, need more than just shooters. I can do minor field operations and such, but we do need a Dr or a good medic. we need the proffessor from GI.

Count me in for Central... What I lack in combat training I can make up with other skills. All teams need an engineer, right? I'll figure out the water issue...

Bingo, need more than just shooters. I can do minor field operations and such, but we do need a Dr or a good medic. we need the proffessor from GI.

As long as you have Ginger and Maryann - I'm there ;)

OK.. well.. the problem with Costcos and Walmarts and Dicks and all the big stores is that everyone is gonna have that idea. Chances are by the time you get there, they'll have been ransacked. It may have worked for a while in Dawn of the Dead, but the chances of finding a perfectly intact mall/shopping center/supermarket/etc. are gonna be pretty slim once the SHTF.

Now, the supermarket distribution warehouses are somewhat different. They tend to be in an industrial area that doesn't get much foot or road traffic. And, most people don't even know they're there. Assuming you and your group could get there early enough and secure the perimeter, it would be an almost ideal place to hold up for a while.

Not a problem here in Lakewood. Lakewood industrial park right off of rt 70 and New Hampshire Ave. Not sure if there is food places but there has to be, the place is ginormous. Plus there are two gun ranges close by. Shore Shot is in the industrial park and Brick Armory is close by. There is also a smaller industrial park by Kimball Hospital. Only problem with the small one is...there will be ghetto gang member zombies...probably the worst kind of zombie to fight against! :o

Not much actions from members in the Camden County Area. I am sticking with my plan to hunker down in my own little fort.

I know of a grocery warehouse less then a mile away. I had not thought of that, thanks.

Shotguns.... I am going to need more shotguns.

A restaurant depot with metal gates and an accessible roof to snipe off of would be perfect. I would even recommend ringing it with cars to provide a barrier.

BTW Dont drink your hard liquor, use it for molatav cocktails, just make sure to throw it far enough not to endanger your structure.

Blasphemy!! :lol::lol:

A restaurant depot with metal gates and an accessible roof to snipe off of would be perfect. I would even recommend ringing it with cars to provide a barrier.

BTW Dont drink your hard liquor, use it for molatav cocktails, just make sure to throw it far enough not to endanger your structure.

I'll happily burn the scotch and the gin, but I'm keeping the tequila and bourbon for "medicinal purposes".

Along the lines of SHTF/PAW, there's a BBC show called Survivors. It's apparently a remake of a mid 70s show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivors_ ... _series%29

http://bbcamerica.com/content/370/index.jsp

It's basically about life after a pandemic. At one point in the first season, they actually find a food distribution warehouse :)

It's a decently done show. The 2nd season of the show was delayed because it was supposed to come out right around the time swine fly hit the news, so they postponed it. Worth checking out, particularly in the context of this thread.

Ahh Tequila, Ken I knew there was a reason why I like you.

I'll pretty much drink tequila in way, shape or form, but I'm particularly partial to Oyster Shooters. Yummy.

I'll happily burn the scotch and the gin, but I'm keeping the tequila and bourbon for "medicinal purposes".

oooh yea, save the the bourbon. :D

I must admit my favorite PAW show is Jericho. Sure, its more tinfoil-ish, especially season two, and I'm sure life would be far more difficult (even if it is based in a self-sustained rural community). But I thought they did an amazing job with making such menial tasks/lives (because PAW life would be booooring) into a somewhat entertaining show, without too much melodrama.

As for a wide variety of people, I definitely agree. My personal PAW-contact chain has an electrical engineer, two nurses, a doctor, health nutritionist (would that really count for something?), LEO, and me... and another buddy of mine is the type of person who takes two week backpacking trips, as well as being another engineer. Though, with the exception of the LEO, I don't think any of them have any real experience with firearms... survival through numbers, always.

That is why I made a division in the other thread. Too many people in the middle to have one RP. Plus the natural divide and the issue of crossing bridges.

Raritan R to rt 72 is South Central

Raritan R to rt 78 is North Central

I have to admit that for the greater Princeton area, getting out to the Lakewood area (generally speaking) would still be a pain. Whether traveling I195 or Rt 133/9, its a lot of ground to cover for those on the Rt. 1 corridor. (I live right by 8A for reference, on the western part of 130.)

That is why I made a division in the other thread. Too many people in the middle to have one RP. Plus the natural divide and the issue of crossing bridges.

I have to admit that for the greater Princeton area, getting out to the Lakewood area (generally speaking) would still be a pain. Whether traveling I195 or Rt 133/9, its a lot of ground to cover for those on the Rt. 1 corridor. (I live right by 8A for reference, on the western part of 130.)

You are correct. I work at 8A. At least you have buch of warehouses out there to hold up in. And a Wakefern. Or, just make Maks drive you.

What have to split up and start 3 new threads:

North (Caine is in charge)

Central

South (tbtrout in charge)

Start us off Pete!

LOL how the hell am I in charge? I'm still need a GPS/map to go more than a mile from my house :lol:

Ben...

We can pick up Jermz and go take over the old Fedex distribution place in East Windsor, or hte Minute Made juice plant in hightstown..... wait... tooo close to cemetery.

What have to split up and start 3 new threads:

North (Caine is in charge)

Central

South (tbtrout in charge)

Start us off Pete!

LOL how the hell am I in charge? I'm still need a GPS/map to go more than a mile from my house :lol:

It is all about the attitude. You will be in charge so you delegate to someone else to do Land Nav.

Just wear a hat with something shiny or something ridiculous (like a peacock feather), Pete, and people will automatically obey :p ... that and comfortable shoes/boots for all the a** kicking you might have to do.

I'm glad I live by the beach.... Setup facing west and don't have to worry about covering the east, just watch the north, south and western approaches. And its a bonus to be able to shoot "Jersey Shore" Zombies....