Ray Ray

Ray Ray's Zombie Apocolypse thread

Got around to buying "Fido" and just finished watching it. Thanks to whoever recommended it-- one of the better satires on the genre I've seen (I dare to say even better then Shaun of the Dead). The 50's setting was a nice touch, and Carrie-Anne Moss was gorgeous in it.

Glad you enjoyed. I'm going to watch "Carriers" as soon as my :romance-ballandchain: gets here. I'll let you know what I think.

Got around to buying "Fido" and just finished watching it. Thanks to whoever recommended it-- one of the better satires on the genre I've seen (I dare to say even better then Shaun of the Dead). The 50's setting was a nice touch, and Carrie-Anne Moss was gorgeous in it.

Want to know something Scary?? it's in my 8 year-old Daughter's top ten favorites.

Glad you enjoyed. I'm going to watch "Carriers" as soon as my :romance-ballandchain: gets here. I'll let you know what I think.

Watched that a few days ago. The premise is decent, and it's an ok flick, but, as someone else in this thread said (maybe it was Wolfy?) the main characters are a bit whiny and annoying. Still, wasn't bad for what it was.

Want to know something Scary?? it's in my 8 year-old Daughter's top ten favorites.

Haha! That's great. The story of Fido is really a "child and dog companion" story beneath the veil of zombies and Zomcon, so I can definitely understand that.

As for Carriers, I might have to check that out. I'm just really craving a decent zombie flick... might pop in 28 Weeks Later as soon as I'm done writing this paper.

Watched that a few days ago. The premise is decent, and it's an ok flick, but, as someone else in this thread said (maybe it was Wolfy?) the main characters are a bit whiny and annoying. Still, wasn't bad for what it was.

Not bad. It was a global pandemic and not a zombie movie. Funny that's what I would expect for a SHTF scenario anyway. Diary of the Dead will be next. :D

Funny that's what I would expect for a SHTF scenario anyway.

That's what I liked the most about Carriers. I felt they did a decent job portraying a pandemic ravaged world - struggling to find food & water.. running out of gas.. dealing with other people that may or may not be infected... you really got a feel for how desperate things could easily get.

Diary of the Dead will be next. :D

Prepare to be disappointed :doh:

This has nothing to do with zombies at all, but I figure its worth sharing.

If you have never seen Kubrick's Dr. Strangelove, its now available (for free of course) on Hulu: http://www.hulu.com/watch/142698/dr-str ... e-the-bomb

Enjoy a classic!

Dr. Strangelove is an outstanding Cold War classic, and one of my all time favorite "there's nothing on TV, slap something in the DVD player" movies. Note my sig line.

anywho on the movies i have a question when Z-DAY happens do we take in stragglers that have not been infected if they are armed or do we reject them?

:hope:

he will be the first to be bitten i hope

anywho on the movies i have a question when Z-DAY happens do we take in stragglers that have not been infected if they are armed or do we reject them?

Case by case, he better have food too. I worry about infiltrators. Yes, I am that guy in the group and I end up being right at the end of the movie.

Case by case, he better have food too. I worry about infiltrators. Yes, I am that guy in the group and I end up being right at the end of the movie.

Me too, with the misses and the baby. I figure I'll have 30 gun-tootin members on my squad if I consider the bi-weekly meetup. I'm sure there will be straglers (ie- cops, firemen, owners of firearms that aren't on the forum, and criminals with guns!) and most will be welcome, unless the've been bitten!

It was better then survival of the dead.

I was going to watch that next. :doh:

Pass I love this stuff but it awful, Scottish cowboys off the coast that you get to by ferry? Considering I didnt mind diry of the dead, imagine how awful it must be.

I guess this thread will never die.

I have bad news for you Ray... It's just starting. I'm getting up at 6 tomorrow to resume my training routine.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2010/may/20/craig-venter-synthetic-life-form

Did anyone see the beginning of "I am Legend"? Dr. Alice Krippin creates a virus to kill cancer. Wipes out 90% of the population. Oooopps. It then creates 560 million "zombies" out of what's left of humanity. :confusion-helpsos: Stock up on ammo little buddy it's going to be a long war. :violence-rambo:

Here's another zombie series that looks pretty good for what it is:

http://www.fearnet.com/videos/b19124_li ... ode_1.html

http://www.fearnet.com/videos/b19126_li ... ode_2.html

http://www.fearnet.com/videos/b19127_li ... ode_3.html

I've only watched episode 1 so far, but it's already better than anything Romero has been involved with the last few years

They're definitely cheesy. But, oddly enough, I still think they're better than (for example) Diary of the Dead. "Lifeless" at least seems to stick to the basic "bread and butter" zombie theme. Nothing fancy... just good old slow zombies and a group of survivors.