Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Don't you love when you find out someone you work with is a

lol. When I was at UBS.... I found out that about 40% of the brokers in the office were gun owners.

One guy sitting across from me was just getting into it. Another coworker owned a few shotties, another one was telling me about his sigs.

It's weird, but the last girl I was seeing (who I really liked but decided to move back to CO with her family since her house just sold) grew up with guns and her mom carries, stepfather has a vast collection and her father has been urging her to get a gun.

A new one I am hanging out with this weekend is from the deeeeep south.

Told me her daddy has a shooting range in their back yard and bought her a 9mm for her bday.

Funny, my soon to be EX wife HATES guns and kept asking me what I wanted to get one.

I still don't mention it to the women 1st, but so far, the most recent 2 (well 2 of 3 or 4) have more experience with them then I do ;)

Not exactly work related, but relevant none the less.

Note both girls are not jersey girls and grew up in the west and or south.

I am convinced my next X wife will not be a native metro Ny'er.

It's weird, but the last girl I was seeing (who I really liked but decided to move back to CO with her family since her house just sold) grew up with guns and her mom carries, stepfather has a vast collection and her father has been urging her to get a gun.

A new one I am hanging out with this weekend is from the deeeeep south.

Told me her daddy has a shooting range in their back yard and bought her a 9mm for her bday.

Funny, my soon to be EX wife HATES guns and kept asking me what I wanted to get one.

I still don't mention it to the women 1st, but so far, the most recent 2 (well 2 of 3 or 4) have more experience with them then I do ;)

^^ This is exactly why I plan to have a pretty solid collection by the time I get married, that way its too late for her to have a problem with it. Luckily the girlfriend of two years doesn't have a problem with it anyway as of yet though...

Heck that means nothing. My wife was raised with guns. Her father(rip) was a huge hunter when in season or not. :D Good O"L country boy.

She thinks guns are disgusting. Yes I owned several when we dated.

She can even field dress a dear! LOL.

I work construction so I figured allot of people would share the passion. Well maybe it is four out of 100. The rest look at us like we are nuts. I get the what do you need a gun for. My reply is I need it no more then I need a bowling ball. And i enjoy it for the same reason.

Heck that means nothing. My wife was raised with guns. Her father(rip) was a huge hunter when in season or not. :D Good O"L country boy.

She thinks guns are disgusting. Yes I owned several when we dated.

She can even field dress a dear! LOL.

I work construction so I figured allot of people would share the passion. Well maybe it is four out of 100. The rest look at us like we are nuts. I get the what do you need a gun for. My reply is I need it no more then I need a bowling ball. And i enjoy it for the same reason.

I'm in construction too but I'm on the project management side, it seems like a much higher percentage of the field guys are into guns then the office side so I'm kind of on my own over here.

A local physician in Secaucus has a handgun collection of over a hundred. He just bought them and hung them on a display wall. when he died a few years back, most appeared unfired when i went through the collection. all high quality firearms.

Guns are taboo where I work, in a elementary school. Nothing more need be said.

Another board of ed employee! I actually got two co-workers involved with guns and now they are hooked!

I work with 3 guys in my office.

One guy who just left is a gun nut, but owns no guns, just likes to shoot.

The other guy owns 2 guns and shoots them once a year.

The 3rd guy is a guido from staten island who chews tobacco. LOL. He is not a gun guy.

One of our bosses goes hunting in africa, and has like 100 guns.

One of our bosses thinks its weird that we are so into this.

One of our bosses we never talk to anyway, so who give a crap about him...LOL..

(I have a shot up target on my door that says "Complaint Department: Always Open")

Two guys at work are the ones that fill out my character references for my permits. They aren't into it, but they also love all things "Republican" so they have absolutely no problem with guns. They are also coming to my house when the Zombie Uprising occurs. :lol:

One guy used to when he lived in Africa many years ago but hasn't shot in decades.

Other than that I don't ask. People in Corporate America tend to have a stick up their ass about a lot of stuff they don't understand so I just don't bring it up.