Sign in to follow this  
Celraysoda

Outdoor Laser Tag

that looks cool but i have been thinking about getting into airsoft the guns have come a long way in 3-5 years

Yea, but airsoft is also getting progressively more expensive! For the cost of a top end airsoft gun, you could easily afford the real thing-- haha.

As for this place, that is pretty cool. I don't live that far myself, and I've never heard of it either. I do prefer feedback (paintball, simunitions/FOF), but this seems like a very cost affordable/low maintenance alternative.

have you used simunition that also looks like a blast especially if i could use my gun ya know but i thought it was just l.e. /military personnel

Simunitions require conversion kits which are almost as expensive as the host guns, and the ammunition is expensive as well. they USED to sell publicly up till the mid-90's IIRC, you could by the .38spl ammo right out of the US Cavalry Catalog, but it is now LE/Military restricted as you said.

Yea, but airsoft is also getting progressively more expensive! For the cost of a top end airsoft gun, you could easily afford the real thing-- haha.

True, airsoft guns can get quite expensive. But the beauty of airsoft is the super-cheap cost of firing -- less than 1 cent a round -- that makes even .22 LR look expensive! Even better is the fact that you can set up a mini range in your basement, garage, or back yard (depending on how far away your nearest neighbors are as well as your relationship and friendliness to them).

I just picked up an airsoft 1911. It uses CO2 cartridges and fires 6mm plastic balls at around 400 fps. It will pierce both sides of a soda can. It is a gas blowback, and full metal, and functions just like a real 1911. Insert loaded magazine (with CO2 cartridge inside) into gun. Rack the slide to chamber the first round. After each shot fired, the slide is pushed back by the extra gas, cocking the hammer and stripping the next round into the chamber. On the last shot, the slide will lock open. The thumb safety and grip safety are fully functional. Recoil feels like a .22 LR. Accuracy out to 25 yards is amazing considering it is just an air gun. Five-shot groups of 3" @ 25 yards is doable and repeatable. It wasn't cheap -- I spent $200 total, but that is with enough ammo and CO2 for several thousand rounds.

I can now practice trigger control, sight alignment, recoil recovery (yes, it's very low recoil, but it still is enough to throw your sights off the target) at my home. I can shoot 1 CO2 canister (about 60-70 shots) every day for less than $1.

True, airsoft guns can get quite expensive. But the beauty of airsoft is the super-cheap cost of firing -- less than 1 cent a round -- that makes even .22 LR look expensive! Even better is the fact that you can set up a mini range in your basement, garage, or back yard (depending on how far away your nearest neighbors are as well as your relationship and friendliness to them).

I just picked up an airsoft 1911. It uses CO2 cartridges and fires 6mm plastic balls at around 400 fps. It will pierce both sides of a soda can. It is a gas blowback, and full metal, and functions just like a real 1911. Insert loaded magazine (with CO2 cartridge inside) into gun. Rack the slide to chamber the first round. After each shot fired, the slide is pushed back by the extra gas, cocking the hammer and stripping the next round into the chamber. On the last shot, the slide will lock open. The thumb safety and grip safety are fully functional. Recoil feels like a .22 LR. Accuracy out to 25 yards is amazing considering it is just an air gun. Five-shot groups of 3" @ 25 yards is doable and repeatable. It wasn't cheap -- I spent $200 total, but that is with enough ammo and CO2 for several thousand rounds.

I can now practice trigger control, sight alignment, recoil recovery (yes, it's very low recoil, but it still is enough to throw your sights off the target) at my home. I can shoot 1 CO2 canister (about 60-70 shots) every day for less than $1.

Pics? can you describe the setup in more detail? this seems like an amazing training aid for uspsa or idpa.

• Like 1

Maks - you can get one like this:

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=32696

GP_KJW_617_lg.jpg

Unfortunately most of the Airsoft 1911's are the "Hi-Capa" double stack versions. Not all run on CO2 either. Most run on Green Gas (Propane mixed with silicone lube). You do have to keep these gas blowback guns cleaned and lubed, otherwise they will break.

If you're looking for something in particular, let me know.

Edited with a better gun.

Edited by Krdshrk

Ive never been there but I know the owner hes in a networking group that im in .several members have gone and raved about it even people you would have bet against going loved it.if you want paintball try top gun all the owners are very pro gun I do the tick control for them

Pics? can you describe the setup in more detail? this seems like an amazing training aid for uspsa or idpa.

Sure, sorry about the delay in responding, I didn't catch your reply until I re-discovered this thread during a search.

It's a replica of the M1911A1, and is made in Taiwan by KJ Works (also known as KJW). The size and weight are almost identical to the real Colt, but the weight balance is a bit off, because the slide is a very light weight metal, and there are lead weights behind each grip panel to bring the weight up. The barrel also protrudes slightly from the frame because of the required orange tip. It functions identical to a real 1911 -- there is even a half-cock position, and the thumb safety can only be applied when the hammer is fully cocked.

It can run on either standard 12-gram CO2 cartridges (like most CO2-powered BB and pellet guns), or airsoft "green gas", which is propane mixed with silicon oil. You can switch between the 2 sources by using a different magazine -- the CO2 magazines have a space for the CO2 cartridge, while the "green gas" magazines have an internal reservoir with a fill valve on the bottom. Magazine capacity is 25 rounds of 6mm plastic BB's, which of course is unrealistic, but you can just load 7 or 8 in each for more realistic training.

Most of the only real differences in operation and feel are those that are necessitated by physics -- the slide and recoil spring are extremely light, and recoil is practically nonexistent. Felt recoil is less than that of a .22 LR pistol, and there is little to no muzzle flip. But it's worlds better than dry fire training, and you can shoot it in your garage or basement with no hearing protection needed (eye protection is still required, as ricochets can cause eye injuries).

I found a video of someone using an airsoft gun for USPSA training: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUvbNDpcjfM

1911_A1.jpg