Maksim

NJGF Arms Race 2010

it is nice, Ray. I got to shoot it. but damn it's LOUD!!!

Probably because the round travels at ~1600 FPS :dance:

7.62x25?

Yeah, I've come around to these handguns. Not for HD but they serve a purpose.

it is nice, Ray. I got to shoot it. but damn it's LOUD!!!

Probably because the round travels at ~1600 FPS :dance:

7.62x25?

Yeah, I've come around to these handguns. Not for HD but they serve a purpose.

Yeah, for defense, too much penetration even with JHPs. But its a cheap gun ($199) and cheap ammo at less than 10 cents a pop.

The purpose, which it serves very well, is against harder targets like political dissidents with phone books under there felt coats :lol:. That was an actual reason for the development of this round. .44 russian and some of the other rounds they used were good at soft targets but even a heavy felt coat could stop the rounds. Plus a fast flat round requires little lead (easy for idiots to shoot at runners).

Added bonus: If you love 1911s, thats what this pretty much is, just improved upon.

that's why he hangs out with Soviet expatriates all the time ;)

Oh, and I won't come any close to winning, but will "throw my hat in the ring"

~ Beretta PX 4Storm 9mm

~ Mossberg 500 w/ 3 Barrels (18.5", 28" vent rib & rifled)

Brownie Point: Knoxx SpecOps stock for the Mossberg (it's sweet)

pictures coming soon

Maybe I'll gather enough shekels by the end of the year for an AK. After seeing Glenn's & Chris' (the one he's trying to sell, it's NICE)

I got that itch too, Ray.

Well.... the LMT MWS is home safe and sound. Topped with an Elcan Specter DR. Lil heavy but Ill lug the few extra pounds for the capability bonus.

Pics?

+1 :pray: . Ha, please! I need to take the time to realize I'll never have nice toys in comparison ;)

Well.... the LMT MWS is home safe and sound. Topped with an Elcan Specter DR. Lil heavy but Ill lug the few extra pounds for the capability bonus.

Pics?

+1 :pray: . Ha, please! I need to take the time to realize I'll never have nice toys in comparison ;)

Edge of my seat... :drool: :drool:

Thanks brother. The optic from what I can tell fooling around the house ROCKS! Its field of view is freekin huge, as in I can see my own hand on the rifle through the optic! And the red dot is truly daylight visible which was the big issue with many of the other options I looked at. But the price.... :o :cry:

Wow Shane she is pretty. You had me very interested in the Eclan, but then I looked at the price :o . Would love to look through that glass sometime. Seems to be the best of all worlds. Enjoy it. Maybe i'll see you at CJR&P one day with all the people there drooling :lol:

Look closely, buis is on the optic. With that being said, since its an etched ret, even if the battery was dead, you still have the reticle.

I'm between the Spectre and the S&B Short Dot for my next optic. I know both have been proven out in the 'Ghan, but I like the idea of a second parallax on the S&B so you can run a CQB zero and a long range zero.

What's the eye relief on the Elcan?

Oh, and here's my new toy for the end of summer:

KAC SR-15 E3 with Magpul goodies from MidwestPX

photo-30-1.jpg

Here is one more contender for you. I just couldnt muster the extra coin but I likely would have chosen it over the specter if I did. Its the Swarovski ZX6i Brt. The eye relief on the Specter is good. The thing that takes you back a bit is the size of the glass. Its pretty big in diameter.

Short Dots are great. Unfortunately the new 1x8 got sent back to the drawing board for some allignment issues from what I understand.

ps. Like the new rifle, congrats!

Shane, is that an LMT SOPMOD stock on your MWS? And if so, who pinned it? I've yearned for one, and am considering it for a possible lower build.

I pulled the black LMT Sopmod off my KAC in favor of the ACS. Even though the LMT is almost 50% more expensive, I really liked the utility of the ACS. If you're looking for one, I'll sell you mine. Paterson Gunsmithing pins stocks and you can't even tell they did it to the ACS.

Well I certainly dont expect to win anything, but just make the contest bigger....

3/16/2010 I purchased my first gun, a S&W MP15-22. I dont have pictures of it, but Chris (Lunker) has it now, and can attest that it used to be mine.

On 8/22/2010 I acquired this 1943 matching numbers Mosin Nagant. I like it, and am very excited to take it out.

MosinNagant-1.jpg

Then on 8/31/2010 I picked up a Zastava PAP. Loved shooting it indoors, cant wait to take this baby to an outdoor range!!

ZastavaPAP.jpg

Just, turned 21 in jan, handgun spree!

S&W K38, model 14-3

Glock 19 and smiley face (now has nightsights too)

+ TT-33 (transfered from my dad whom held it till I turned 21)

+ Browning Cynergy

Total thus far...

+ S&W 1911 pro .45acp

DSC00738.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

DSC00744.jpg

DSC00745.jpg

Total now is +5

Damn, it's been a tough first-half for me.

1. Beretta 92F

I'm waiting for a Taurus Public Defender

Um, I figured I'd update this.

1. Beretta 92F (which I sold)

2. Glock 19 Gen 3

3. Glock 19 Gen 1

4. Mosin M44

still waiting for that damn public defender two tone!