Ray Ray

Range Nerds!

This is an interesting subject, range nerds. What kind of things do you see people do at the range that you can classify them as range nerds.

I've seen guys put surgical masks on their face so they wouldn't be breathing in the gun powder fumes. I know gun powder or propellant is toxic, but is it that toxic that you need a surgical mask? No! Get tough!

Another one is using a magazine loader. Now, if you use one of these fine. But unless your shooting 500 rounds of 9mm then it really isn't needed. I've never used one and it's more for women with weak hands. You gotta toughen up your thumb and index finger, so get tough!

what else?

So..... I'm a nerd for using a Mag Loader?

Maybe if you did more shooting instead of running your mouth at the range, you would also have a need for one.... :lol:

Dude..... you need to be less critical of others.... on what they shoot, how they shoot, and just be happy that in is this state.... that we are allowed to shoot.

I never needed a mag loader, I can load pretty fast without one.. it's probably good to learn how to load fast without one, cause I dunno if you'd have time to do that during the zombie invasion :lol:

This is an interesting subject, range nerds. What kind of things do you see people do at the range that you can classify them as range nerds.

what else?

Using more than one shotgun shell on one clay. It's not sporting. Grow a set and get real. :snooty:

Lotta hating on me here! But, that's what you get when your on top, the one's below you try to knock you off. You just gotta take the punches and continue to lead the way.

Anyway, yes it is easier to use the mag loaders but at least try and load a magazine without one. Once you fingers get used to the pressure, it gets easier.

I guess no one has seen shooters where those masks. That is just stupid.

Some of the older guys who wear the masks have/had cancer and need to avoid the chemicals and the lead as much as possible.

RayRay.. you try loading a sten mag without a loader.. ill bring the bandaids.

Wait a minute, you have a Sten gun? Ed, you better come to the Bullet Hole!

Ray Ray, when you shoot more than 1 box in a session youll understand. Also, when you unroll a rubber the entire way theres a serial number there. I know you have never seem it but again, those of us that do understand why :lol:

Shane, you're talking about 'tude? viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7521 ???? :lol: :mrgreen:

All in good fun man. 8-)

I'm comfortable with my nerdiness, I don't care how people classify me.

I have a notebook that accompanies my Remington 700, in which I track all of my scope adjustments so I can return it to zero when finished shooting for the day. It comes in handy when sending .308 bullets 300 to 600 yards.

I'm a bad asthmatic. If I'm having trouble breathing I'll occasionally wear a mask especially if shooting Wolf ammo, something about that ammo bothers my breathing if I'm in a weakened state.

I also watch Dr. Who and Star Trek.

Ray Ray, when you shoot more than 1 box in a session youll understand. Also, when you unroll a rubber the entire way theres a serial number there. I know you have never seem it but again, those of us that do understand why :lol:

Shane, I've been blowing shit up since I was young.

Pennsylvania, a Browning Hi-Power, and S&W Model 15, cases of 9mm and 38s at 12 years old is what I had!

I'm comfortable with my nerdiness, I don't care how people classify me.

I have a notebook that accompanies my Remington 700, in which I track all of my scope adjustments so I can return it to zero when finished shooting for the day. It comes in handy when sending .308 bullets 300 to 600 yards.

I'm a bad asthmatic. If I'm having trouble breathing I'll occasionally wear a mask especially if shooting Wolf ammo, something about that ammo bothers my breathing if I'm in a weakened state.

I also watch Dr. Who and Star Trek.

Your not a nerd, your a sniper! You should join my team.

Masks- Use them if you want. If you spend a lot of time shooting indoors (especially with cast bullets) the mask will keep the lead out of your body which to me is a good thing.

Mag loader- Can't see any reason not to use it. I can load a 15 round double stack in a couple of seconds, and then spend my time shooting instead of loading. Yeah I can load the mag without it but why bother?

Some of the older guys who wear the masks have/had cancer and need to avoid the chemicals and the lead as much as possible.

No, but I had a Masterpiece Arms mini-mac which uses sten mags.

Wow, this thread has the potential to get ugly! Does it really matter what people do when they are at the range so long as the are being safe, and enjoying the sport that we all love? Sure we probably all see something from time to time that we might think is a little odd, but to turn around and express it in a open forum is kind of retarded. Who knows, the person that you might be blowing away could possibly be a new member of our forum. Now what kind of a dipsh*t would you feel like if at meet in the not to distant future someone walks up to you and says "Hi, I'm so and so the geek, that uses masks and mag loaders". That would probably be a little awkward! Not to be on a soapbox or anything, but we all just need to respect our few fellow shooters that we have in this armpit of a state.

I guess what I am saying is lets not degrade our forum with b.s. like this :naughty:

Wow, this thread has the potential to get ugly! Does it really matter what people do when they are at the range so long as the are being safe, and enjoying the sport that we all love? Sure we probably all see something from time to time that we might think is a little odd, but to turn around a express it in a open forum is kind of retarded. Who knows, the person that you might be blowing away could possibly be a new member of our forum. Now what kind of a dipsh*t would you feel like if at meet in the not to distant future someone walks up to you and says "Hi, I'm so and so the homo, that uses masks and mag loaders". That would probably be a little awkward! Not to be on a soapbox or anything, but we all just need to respect our few fellow shooters that we have in this armpit of a state.

I guess what I am saying is lets not degrade our forum with b.s. like this :naughty:

:lol: nothing wrong with range nerds.. if there is such a thing.. I personally feel just because your into guns doesn't make you a nerd at all.. If using things on the range makes you a range nerd, me using a laser is pretty stupid, but it was fun and if that makes me a range nerd than so be it.. :lol:

I saw a guy wiping all the ammo before loading it. It was an old man, did not want to ask.

Heh, at home, I'll inspect every round that I use for HD purposes. Usually done when I have absolutely nothing else to do... :oops:

I figure that I check/clean everything else, it'd be pretty cruddy to buy it because of a bad round.

I also do quick checks when I'm loading mags at the range.

No, but I had a Masterpiece Arms mini-mac which uses sten mags.

Darn. I was about to offer my M1.

This was a joke, come on guys. Don't take it the wrong way, I'm just trying to talk about different things and what guys do at the range. I did see a younger guy once wipe each revolver round he put in his gun. Must be a reloaders thing, cause I have no idea what that does.

This was a joke, come on guys. Don't take it the wrong way, I'm just trying to talk about different things and what guys do at the range. I did see a younger guy once wipe each revolver round he put in his gun. Must be a reloaders thing, cause I have no idea what that does.

Maybe it was really hot in the car and some of the alox melted? :D