jermz1987

Almost done with my closet safe. Take a look!!!

OK Ive taken all the advice here and will be starting demolition on Friday. I plan to level the entire house. I will pour concrete into the base. Then i emailed Fort Knox to find out who supplies their safes. Once I have the safe it will be bolted into the center of said bunker. Once in place I will have an electronic key system that will unlock the first section of the safe, But the keys must be turned simultaneously by 2 people to be opened. Once inside the first half of the safe a piano made of human bones will appear. You must play the first half of a Jimi Hendrix song to pass on through the third corridor of death, Where you will be required to fight the 3 headed demon beast of Avalon. Once the beast is defeated only then will you gain access to the map with the exact location of the key. That key will get you into the house next door where the firearms are located.

Enough said 8-) Why don't you all just give the guy a break. The peanut gallery has spoken, and clearly he has heard all of you :hand:

Maybe mount the guns on hinges so that if someone enters the wrong passcode they swing out and blast whoever is standing there. Could be a problem if you're on a bender and decide to go shooting the place up but it would keep you from doing anything silly then I guess. :lol:

Seriously though, I'd be interested to see photos when you're done as well. Good luck with it.

My eyes hurt.

Really guys, his guns are more secure than they were. We do not know what kind of door he put in to secure them. What kind of plating is on the wall behind the pegboard. Or any other security features/deterrents he has. It is a simple solution to prevent a smash and grab. Be happy for him. A few days ago you would have blasted him for not having any security.

Why someone would post pictures of where he keeps his guns is beyond me! :doh:

You have your own plan....stick to it.

How dare you put a smiley face slapping his head at me.

I was going to take the pictures down so the broken records would shut up, But I am not going to do it. They are secure, I will not post the end result because there will always be people who are suffering from DSBU who will have something negative to say, Thank you anyways to the people who were nice and supportive about it. To everyone else. Kiss my ass..

Yeah thats right....I said it.

No way ED, those should be in the center of a room surrounded by a body of water containing sharks with friggin laser beams on their heads.

By the way ED, I'm slightly confused how that acts as a tactical wheel barrow :?: Also how are they secure when your away from your wheel barrow buying those awesome hats and putting diet coke into your tactical vest. :?:

True, But like you said, Not everyone can afford the perfect solution, and something is better then nothing. I honestly believe my firearms are secure, and until I get a 10,000 pound safe that is molten lava rated. I believe there fine.

I

for everyone saying they can't afford a safe.. you then IMO can not afford to own firearms.. part of responsible firearm ownership is the ability to safely house them.. every time a gun is stolen and ends up on the street used in a crime it is one more nail in the coffin that is your freedom to own firearms.. how would you feel to know that YOUR gun that gets stolen ends up being used in some ridiculous crime that is plastered all over the news, and used in a way to try to swing sympathy to the anti gun ownership front.. and worse yet.. the family who is shot to death using bullets that YOU loaded into a magazine... its just not right.. and there is NO way to justify it... like i stated.. i may not have the most advanced expensive indestructible safe there is.. but instead of buying one more gun... i purchased a good safe.. why? because I value my firearms... because i value the safety and security of my neighborhood..

you can say its been beat to death... but if you still dont go out and get a safe after this thread.. it has NOT been beaten to death ENOUGH...

If EVERY gun owner in America treated gun ownership as a right that comes with responsibility we would see a HUGE decline in the amount of firearms that are stolen and used against our neighbors, children, law enforcement, etc..

I am not doubt your building ability.. I am sure you are a great builder.. but as pointed out.. a sledgehammer will likely take the strongest doors right off the hinges.. can you break into my safe? sure probably not where its at.. moving it would be a bitch.. the idea is to create the maximum time barrier between a criminal and your firearms... and a real safe does that..

I am not trying to bash or jump on anybody, but I agree with DamagedWorld's assessment to a large degree.

I would focus on the weapons used in the vast majority of crime - handguns. If I were strapped for cash and could not afford a big gun safe, I would buy one of those $125 handgun safes they sell (good prices on eBay) , lag bolt the freaking thing into my floor (the bolt heads are in the safe and inaccessible), and keep my handguns in it.

I am not overly worried about criminals running around with a 22 rifle, Mosin, or a Garand. I would hate losing them, but street thugs won't have much use for them except to sell them. AR's are a different story, but I got rid of mine so they aren't a consideration for me.

That said, Sports Authority often has sales and gives a 15% discount on floor models. I bought my 12 gun safe for $400. I believe it would take a long time for a regular break-and-enter thief, or a junkie, to get into the damn thing.

i like the idea and it looks sweet too any way y are people knockin the idea dont alot of people have gun cabinets where the front is all glass so you can see the guns inside?????? people are jealous they didnt think o fit first :)

for everyone saying they can't afford a safe.. you then IMO can not afford to own firearms.. part of responsible firearm ownership is the ability to safely house them.. every time a gun is stolen and ends up on the street used in a crime it is one more nail in the coffin that is your freedom to own firearms.. how would you feel to know that YOUR gun that gets stolen ends up being used in some ridiculous crime that is plastered all over the news, and used in a way to try to swing sympathy to the anti gun ownership front.. and worse yet.. the family who is shot to death using bullets that YOU loaded into a magazine... its just not right.. and there is NO way to justify it... like i stated.. i may not have the most advanced expensive indestructible safe there is.. but instead of buying one more gun... i purchased a good safe.. why? because I value my firearms... because i value the safety and security of my neighborhood..

you can say its been beat to death... but if you still dont go out and get a safe after this thread.. it has NOT been beaten to death ENOUGH...

If EVERY gun owner in America treated gun ownership as a right that comes with responsibility we would see a HUGE decline in the amount of firearms that are stolen and used against our neighbors, children, law enforcement, etc..

I am not doubt your building ability.. I am sure you are a great builder.. but as pointed out.. a sledgehammer will likely take the strongest doors right off the hinges.. can you break into my safe? sure probably not where its at.. moving it would be a ****.. the idea is to create the maximum time barrier between a criminal and your firearms... and a real safe does that..

Yeah... Blame the Victims

Am I allowed to start banning people for just being stupid and annoying?

This thread is done before I start actually doing it.

NJgunowner and Damagedworld you have said the same god damn thing 20 fucking times in this thread. We understand where you stand, now shut the fuck up and go post somewhere else.

M