Sign in to follow this  
david8613

how many of you there got snubbies?

Yes I love my snubbies very much. :) A Smith and Wesson 66-3 and a Taurus M605. Both 357 Magnum. Both excellent guns. I cant decide which grips prefer on the Smith and Wesson. The original wood grips. Or the Pachmyer combat grips. I like em both equally. :D

Picture354.jpg

Picture355.jpg

Picture234.jpg

Picture237.jpg

yup! i just got a taurus 617 .357 mag in blue with hogue grips, from a very nice forum member dozer, props to him! hey jermz that smith&wesson is so sweet! keep the pics coming! anyone got a blue one with wood?

Thanks and congrats on the purchase. Might I recommend trying the Pachymyer grips. The Hogue are really nice, I have them for my Taurus as well, But the Pachmyers are sooooo nice.

You may get a little better response if you widen the scope to just "snubbies". I have two .357's, but neither are snubbies, so in the spirit of my first statement here are my "just" snubbies...

S&W 638 / .38 Spl +P

dsc00787kf.jpg

And: Charter Arms (original) Bulldog Pug in .44 S&W Spl.

dsc00693sh.jpg

If this circumvents your intent, I apologize and a moderator may feel free to delete this post.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I'd love to post some pics of all my snubbies but I don't have any pictures of them.

IMHO, snubbies are only 38's. Not 357 or 44 or any other caliber. ONLY 38 special!

RE: S&W 638...

how well does that shoot? how's the recoil?

Better than I do. The recoil is easily manageable - and I've become somewhat recoil shy in my dotage. For defensive purposes, I use Speer short barrel, 135 gr Gold Dot HP's. It is far more pleasant to shoot than my Ruger LCP.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

anyone have pics of taurus 617 with wood grips? cant find any via google.

Not a Taurus aficionado, but I assume yours is built on the small frame - same as the 85. If that's the case, Hogue makes grips for it...

taurushogue.jpg

(Picture from Hogue's website)

I have a similar pair on an I-frame S&W and they are very nice.

Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

You may get a little better response if you widen the scope to just "snubbies". I have two .357's, but neither are snubbies, so in the spirit of my first statement here are my "just" snubbies...

S&W 638 / .38 Spl +P

dsc00787kf.jpg

And: Charter Arms (original) Bulldog Pug in .44 S&W Spl.

dsc00693sh.jpg

If this circumvents your intent, I apologize and a moderator may feel free to delete this post.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Hey Pizza Bob....How's that CA 44 Bulldog? I'm planning on picking one up in the not to distant future?

I wish I still had all of the snubs I sold over the years. It's killing me now. S&W 624 stainless .44 special, Colt Special Lady, Colt SFVI, 2" S&W 686.

After seeing those Colt's, I regret selling my Detective Special three years ago. It was a great little gun, but I had no use for it.

Hey Pizza Bob....How's that CA 44 Bulldog? I'm planning on picking one up in the not to distant future?

Mine has proven to be fine. It is an original, purchased around 1988. There are those on here that have not had such great luck with CA, but I can't say if that is a reflection on the current CA entity, or just that specific firearm.

Due to the light weight and the big bore, it can be somewhat painful to shoot - moreso than my 638. 1988 well predates the availability of good .44 spl SD ammo and I always used 6.0 grs of Unique behind a LSWC. That was down 1.5 grs from the .44 spl load I used in my full sized .44 spls (S&W N-frame), and it still hurt.

Hope you make out OK with your choice.

Adios,

Pizza Bob