Matt

Anyone else do this with ammo? (maybe im just OCD)

If you ever take a High-energy course, like Tactical Response's Fighting Pistol, or Fighting Rifle, you will leran the utility of having the ammo loose. Shooting 12-1500 rounds over 2 days means you need to do your reloads FAST, and not play games with boxes and dividers..

Yeah, liking the blue box idea, it's a pain stacking up all my ammo in the safe when the boxes from different manufacturers are different sizes. Can I buy those boxes in bulk too? :D

I just got a bunch of them from Graf's.

Yeah, liking the blue box idea, it's a pain stacking up all my ammo in the safe when the boxes from different manufacturers are different sizes. Can I buy those boxes in bulk too? :D

I just got a bunch of them from Graf's.

I got mine from midway for like $1.50 a box

If you ever take a High-energy course, like Tactical Response's Fighting Pistol, or Fighting Rifle, you will leran the utility of having the ammo loose. Shooting 12-1500 rounds over 2 days means you need to do your reloads FAST, and not play games with boxes and dividers..

*Dumps ammo back into bulk box*

I prefer it loose.. so much so, that I tend to dump boxes into giant freezer zip lock bags. Altho if I'm just shooting a couple boxes at the range, I leave it in the cased box of 50 or 20 or whatever. I've never moved loose back to cased.

Like a couple people said, for anything that requires a lot of magazine stuffing, loose rounds are the way to go.

I actually have a few different loads, so for that reason, I do keep them in boxes.

For Rifle... they are all in boxes, as I try to dial in specific loads.... although I do have a mag or two loaded for HD. For bolt actions, they are all in boxes.

I am self admittedly OCD when it comes to ammo. All of my ammo is stacked neatly in a can, and the can gets stenciled with the caliber on it. Each can's seal gets a light rubbing of DOW 111 on it and a desiccant bag tossed in. Everyone who shoots with me laughs at me!

.303 Brit

DSC00317.jpg

1980's Yugo 8mm

DSC00314.jpg

Cans

DSC00318.jpg

I am self admittedly OCD when it comes to ammo. All of my ammo is stacked neatly in a can, and the can gets stenciled with the caliber on it.

Freak! :D

Just kidding. I'm also impressed. I might actually copy the stencil idea but I lack the patience to neatly stack the ammo. I'd probably get about 1/3 into the can before getting frustrated and dumping the rest in.