djg0770

Pistol permit foul up

So, I go to pickup my pistol permits today - and my height is listed incorrectly. I tell the woman and she says "It doesn't matter". I flipped over my FPID and said, sure it does, it doesn't match this...

Now - one or 2 inches, ok, but 6 inches?!? Or am I just projecting about my manhood???

I refused to take the permits. All I need is an FFL who says "Hey this doesn't match your FPID, I refuse to do this deal." I will be calling the girl in charge tomorrow and politely asking when on Wednesday I can pick them up.

It's NJ - I'm "gun shy" :roll:

I brought some permits in the other day to be extended. She just put them in the typewriter, x-ed out the old date and typed in the new one and handed them back to me. I don't see why that couldn't have been done in this case while you waited.

I brought some permits in the other day to be extended. She just put them in the typewriter, x-ed out the old date and typed in the new one and handed them back to me. I don't see why that couldn't have been done in this case while you waited.

It was after hours, the normal permit girl was not there, just someone who BARELY knows anything about the process.

I would have taken them anyway. I don't think it would be a problem.

This is NJ where one "extra" round in a magazine gets you in a crap load of hurt, where people cut off their shotguns to 18.5" to "be sure" they're not afoul of the law, where there are endless debates about the legality of lets say an FN SCAR...

My FPID clearly shows my height, the PP clearly indicated the wrong height. I can't find a law against it, but the fact remains if my name was off by one letter, not one of you would question my turning around and having it corrected. HTF they got my name right and my height wrong still befuddles me...

So, I go to pickup my pistol permits today - and my height is listed incorrectly. I tell the woman and she says "It doesn't matter". I flipped over my FPID and said, sure it does, it doesn't match this...

Now - one or 2 inches, ok, but 6 inches?!? Or am I just projecting about my manhood???

I refused to take the permits. All I need is an FFL who says "Hey this doesn't match your FPID, I refuse to do this deal." I will be calling the girl in charge tomorrow and politely asking when on Wednesday I can pick them up.

It's NJ - I'm "gun shy" :roll:

I had the same problem with my last pistol permit, they put me down as being 6'5 instead of 6'3. Probably for some statistic to make gun owners seem bigger and scarier :lol:

They spelled my first name wrong on my FID! Since it took me almost 6 months to get the damn thing after an address change, I'll live with it.

note: it's my first name they spelled wrong, how can you spell RAYMOND wrong?

Dan, use them and stop worrying.

They spelled my first name wrong on my FID! Since it took me almost 6 months to get the damn thing after an address change, I'll live with it.

I refused to take them. I will call the girl in the morning...

I refused to take them. I will call the girl in the morning...

Are you sure you wanna make a big stink about this? They could just keep putting you on the bottem of the pile you know.

You think that's a foul up? :lol::lol::lol:

I just went through the process of an address change(different town) and also got some pistol permits. On each PPP my DOB is listed correctly, but my age is wrong. On my new FID my DOB says I'm 12 and the "date of issue" is 10 years prior to the DOB listed on the card. Supposedly I will have everything fixed and in my hand tomorrow.

wow their seems to be a new trend, one of my friends applied for fid and pp his pp had the wrong fid # two numbers were reversed took them back going on 6 weeks since he returned them took 5 months to recieve them to begin with..think this is a new ploy to get us disgusted with gun ownership..

Damn, never noticed.

[soupnazi]NO GUNS FOR YOU[/soupnazi]

:lol:

Damn, never noticed.

[soupnazi]NO GUNS FOR YOU[/soupnazi]

:lol:

I hope your kidding Paul, cause that's not funny. :violin:

Ray, if they had bumped up your height on the card you'd be making news the night you try to buy a gun...

"Our top story tonight: an 8' New Jersey man has purchased a Soviet flamethrower; police advise he is armed and extremely large."

I am guessing you get what you pay for with state or local employees... Plus the work ethic of younger people today is not what is used to be or should be.

You're kidding right? For what we pay for these people we should have rocket scientist working there. And yes some of the clerks in my town hall make more than people I work with who design circuit boards for rockets. :o