hiker88

remington golden bullet 22LR 525 bulk pack $17.98 at Dick's

I've used the remington thunderbolt 22lr bulk packs and have no issues with it on my marlin 60. I found maybe 2-3 duds out of the entire box which is not bad. This will be my first time using the 525 golden bullet 22 lr pack. I went for it due to the discounter price. I'll post results later.

I guess I'll find out later how crappy it is. :|

Yeah, you will, lol.

They will cycle my Ruger Mark II reliably...there is however usually about one in twenty that is a dud. I had a box of 550 and had 36 that wouldn't fire. Tried them in several guns. I blew off that box, the next box and swore never to buy them again.

i shot a few boxes you get a bunch of duds i.e. FTF's and the dirtiest 22 round ever your hands turn gold from the powder they use also they group horribly at 100 yards it has like a 8 inch group or larger and with the winchester it goes down to a 3 inch group if not a little tighter so ya im done with the golden bullets

They will cycle my Ruger Mark II reliably...there is however usually about one in twenty that is a dud. I had a box of 550 and had 36 that wouldn't fire. Tried them in several guns. I blew off that box, the next box and swore never to buy them again.

+1 I bought one box when I was new to firearms and because I'm cheap I bought a second box. They are not worth it, I have used up both boxes and will not buy another. Other bulk packs are much much better.

just back from the range... shot approx 110-120 rounds... 2 duds. I had to stop since the action on my marlin felt too gritty and dirty. Not too disappointed as this is pretty much what I get from the remington thunderbolt bulk packs.

I'll go try other brands next time.

the goldensh!ts and thundercr@p is the same price as the federal but nowhere near the quality.

I got a bucket of range pickup live rounds awhile back from a scrap dealer whom deals with the police ranges. Half the rounds in there were .22 golden bullets with 6+ strikes all around the rim lol. The other half were just dropped pistol rounds 8-)

My experience is that the Rem Golden bullets have a slightly larger diameter than other brands. They will not work in my Beretta 92 .22 conversion or my Ruger MkII. They just won't feed into the chamber. However, my Buckmark and Ruger 10/22 with a Green Mountain barrel eat the stuff up. Maks is right though. Any of the Federal and American Eagle except Automatch works great. The Beretta conversion does not like the Automatch. If I didn't have so much Golden Bullet and Zapper ammo, I would stock up on Federal bulk.

I ran a brick of this stuff through my Ruger Mk III with under 10 dud rounds, but I still wouldn't buy it again regardless of price. It shoots so dirty I had to scrape the grit out of my gun. It clogged up the loaded chamber indicator so bad it wouldn't close.

I went through a box in my mkIII and 10/22 with only one dud. It was messy on my hands, and dirty in the guns, exp the mkIII. I have not found a .22 round that's clean enough that I don't have to clean out the crud after going through 500 rds (and don't expect to) so I try to remember wipes for my hands. The auto loader for the mkIII makes it a much cleaner deal all around though.