NJJim

Why? Mosin Nagants and their relatives.

I will put my monster against any remchesterby up to 500yds. If I can shoot less than 1" at 200 yds with milsurp ammo that is over 50 years old, I cannot imadine what it will do with handloads. A mosin is a great platform to squeeze accuracy from. Just a little work and you can make an insane shooter. If you haven't shot one then you don't know what you are missing out on.

1st and formost yer all like a bunch of school girls stuck arguing the theoreticals of an insignificant detail instead of the actual point! But Ill play :D

Sirsloop, heres the rub. Go find me a top barrel maker that will spin you up a mosin barrel, have it to you in less than 4 months and not charge you....say 6 times the value of the rifle. Im betting you wont find one to even do it at all...... OK so say it cost $480 bucks (even though it really costs only 200 for a .311 match blank). Thats 560 for rifle and barrel. The cost of a 700 with stock barrel.

As for those making the group claims, remember, I didnt say 1 moa, I didnt say half, I said 3/8ths! I only know of 2 top top top tier custom builders giving that kind of garuntee! And one of them wont do it on anything but a custom action, not even a trued and blue printed remmy action! Well then I guess the mosins better becuse thats def. possible. And if a 700 can get that so can a mosin. Once "accurized" what sets the 2 apart as far as mechanical accuracy potential?

Ronhonda, you make my point for me somewhat. He likely will not win in the super squad but the POINT is he wouldnt try. You use an open gun when competing in open class because thats what is competitive because a limited gun CAN NOT give you the advantages an open gun does. Eh i dont know what that is :p

glennp you also make my point that the 700 can do what a mosin cant, a magnum chambering... so again I dont see the point in comparing a mosin to a 700. Yeah but if comparing apples to apples, you would assume the 700 in same caliber.

As for a mosin match, please no. I hate buying more guns just so I can compete in another single discipline!!!! Do it. the cost of a mosin is the price of 2 boxes of match ammo for one of your fancy rifles :lol:

OK guys, I give, I guess then everything is comparable with everything. :roll: But if usnmars can secure the thou to shoot at at his buddys farm if I recall, I'll bring an AR pattern rifle and a modern bolt action. Anyone can bring whatever mosin they care too and we will shoot at 1000 meters. The you guys can judge if comparisons between the 3 platforms make any freekin sense at all. Hows that.

Again, I am not bashing mosins, Im bashing wacked out comparisons.....

Eric's modified mosin is shooting those groups...

Btw... Mosin match rifle...

right here.

http://www.empirearms.com/28-76.htm

But we should organize our very own NJGF MN Match...

I'm in! And all we'll need is a bunch of spam cans and spam can openers!

Heres an honest to goodness mosin question. Every vid I see, the operator seems to be wrestling heavily with the bolt. Are they just not used to it or is it difficult to manipulate?

And ray, I dont hate Stag, after all its an AR and I dont hate revolvers, I just hate them for me :D unless its a freedom arms 4 3/4" 454 :twisted:

1st and formost yer all like a bunch of school girls stuck arguing the theoreticals of an insignificant detail instead of the actual point! But Ill play :D

Ronhonda, you make my point for me somewhat. He likely will not win in the super squad but the POINT is he wouldnt try. You use an open gun when competing in open class because thats what is competitive because a limited gun CAN NOT give you the advantages an open gun does.

If you have a talented shooter, (an A, M, or GM) using a limited gun but shooting open, could place very high or even win. It is possible. Look at overall scores from local USPSA matches, many times you have shooters from other divisions placing higher than some open shooters.

ronhonda, I think you are missing my point. Forget competing against others. Can YOU ultimately go faster with an open gun or a stock glock against yourself for fastest possible time? Which wins? My point is you can go faster with the open gun because of what an open gun can do that a stocker cant, the advantages it gives. Conversely a stocker can do things an open gun cant like get thrown down a hallway and still work because theirs no cmore to snap off etc etc. Its not an argument of possibilities, its an argument of comparing apples to oranges. The space shuttle and a piper cub both fly, doesnt mean they are comparable. If I want to win a race to the clouds, I think Ill choose the space shuttle.

Mosinkiz are the best!!!!! they re history. they re a livin proof that a peasant armed with a good bolt action rifle can bring down the most powerful of military. 8) ok ok im generalizing but it sounds really kool

Heres an honest to goodness mosin question. Every vid I see, the operator seems to be wrestling heavily with the bolt. Are they just not used to it or is it difficult to manipulate?

And ray, I dont hate Stag, after all its an AR and I dont hate revolvers, I just hate them for me :D unless its a freedom arms 4 3/4" 454 :twisted:

I can work the bolt on mine pretty fast. It's actually easier to work for a lefty than a righty, in my opinion.

ronhonda, I think you are missing my point. Forget competing against others. Can YOU ultimately go faster with an open gun or a stock glock against yourself for fastest possible time? Which wins? My point is you can go faster with the open gun because of what an open gun can do that a stocker cant, the advantages it gives. Conversely a stocker can do things an open gun cant like get thrown down a hallway and still work because theirs no cmore to snap off etc etc. Its not an argument of possibilities, its an argument of comparing apples to oranges. The space shuttle and a piper cub both fly, doesnt mean they are comparable. If I want to win a race to the clouds, I think Ill choose the space shuttle.

actually i think an f/a-18 would be the best bet to get to the clouds quickest. Those damn shuttles take a long time to get off the ground. :lol:

Ahhh I'll stick with the shuttle...

"To achieve orbit, the shuttle must accelerate from zero to a speed of almost 28,968 kilometers per hour (18,000 miles per hour), a speed nine times as fast as the average rifle bullet."

By the way, I secured my self a seat on a Rusky jet!!! Awaiting details :D