bry@n

Went to PA, made a brief stop in Cabela's

I'd like to think of it like a trip to the holy land.

There was so much. I wanted to be in there for an hour and get out. I was there for 2 hours and I barely got through a couple of aisles.

Definately going back soon.

Picked up some clays and a clay thrower.

My girlfriend used to go to school very close to the Hamburg location. In the 3 years we dated, I never saw her get as mad as when we were there because it was tunnel vision towards the used gun racks.

My girlfriend used to go to school very close to the Hamburg location. In the 3 years we dated, I never saw her get as mad as when we were there because it was tunnel vision towards the used gun racks.

Hell yeah! Same here but fortunatley, she likes to hang out in the camping section. She still won't let me eat the food upstairs.

I love that place, its amazing. If anyone has not been there, you HAVE to visit.

It has 250,000 sq ft. of space with it's own built in Museum and a gun library. What a place.

Check out the photo Gallery

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... mburg.html

One might becoming to NJ in EAST RUTHERFORD.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... press.html

Been there on the way back from a wedding. Really amazing place. I wish it wasn't so far away. And it's really little things that make it so awesome. For example, I can be as fickle as I want about what ammunition to buy because I'm picking it up as I go instead of bothering some guy that has to stop what he's doing & unlock some illicit cabinet.

For example, I can be as fickle as I want about what ammunition to buy because I'm picking it up as I go instead of bothering some guy that has to stop what he's doing & unlock some illicit cabinet.

#1 reason I like going there. You can get decent prices but the fact that you get to really take your time in your ammunition selection is so awesome. Especially when you are used to living in our commie state and having to beg for someone to unlock 4 padlocks and a safe to see the stuff.... :lol:

I mean really! At Dicks, you can pick up bats, hockey sticks, and other "blunt objects" without anyone saying or doing anything. But God forbid you want to buy some bulk 22lr ammo! Then some teenager that has no idea what a gun even feels like has to run and get the keys for the steel cabinets because ammnition is deadly!

+1 for America, aka Cabela's

Think about it.....Cabelas' in PA. The gun counter is like the Deli counter at Katzs' on Houston st. You take a ticket and ogle at all the goodies while you wait to be called next. Ammo is

on shelves that are.... :o unlocked. You will never encounter that in NJ. I don't know the policies of Cabelas' in other States, but ..... you get the picture.

Think about it.....Cabelas' in PA. The gun counter is like the Deli counter at Katzs' on Houston st. You take a ticket and ogle at all the goodies while you wait to be called next. Ammo is

on shelves that are.... :o unlocked. You will never encounter that in NJ. I don't know the policies of Cabelas' in other States, but ..... you get the picture.

man I miss Katz's deli...

Actually, there was plans to open one in EAST RUTHERFORD.

Not sure where they stand now.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... press.html

i tried to speak with an online chat rep the other day regarding this...

the rep didn't know much- simply said that the plans are still on...

i asked if they would continue with the plans if xanadu tanked and had no idea...

IIRC, from womeone i spoke to a while ago. Cabela's signed into a binding contract with Xanadu. Until the Xanadu project is fully Dead, as in Stake-through-the-heart, Coffin door left open at Dawn, DEAD. they're screwed. At the time the contracts were drawn Xanadu was fast-tracked with Governor Pickle-Pirate fully on board with getting it completed, and dozens of other retailers lining up for space, nobody banked on it failing so spectacularly. It's been discussed here ad nauseum, frankly a Cabelas up here would be HUGE for them, there are a LOT of people in NJ, Ny, and Ct that would be much more apt to make the 30-60 min drive to Begen County, as opposed to the 2 1/2 hour drive out to Hamburg. i love the hamburg store, and not having to deal with the nanny0state crap..however, i just dont have the TIME to go haring out there more than one ot two of times a year.

Went up there several yrs ago too.....Was worth it and sold off a 10/22 rifle up there. They check guns at the door and I was CCW-ing. Notified them, cause it was obvious I had a my 10/22 rifle in a box walking in. They checked my creds VERY POLITELY and respectfully and continued w/ my CCW-ing. Trip was worth it, but definately make it an all day thing.