matt6669

A little trip to Washington, DC

So the girlfriend and I took a little vacation to good ole DC. We had a great time, saw a crap load of stuff and I took a bunch of pictures and below is my little story about DC.

We took the subway to the Smithsonian Metro station and you step off and here's the Washington Monument.

DSC_0282.jpg

Next we headed to one of the newest memorials which was the WWII Memorial which was pretty awesome in terms or an architectural / sculptural standpoint.

DSC_0306.jpg

Under all the stars it says, "THERE WE MARK THE PRICE OF FREEDOM"

Here's a picture of my little buddy hanging out at the WWII Memorial and my attempt at some photography which I clearly fail at.

DSC_0305.jpg

DSC_0304.jpg

New Jersey standing tall at the WWII Memorial

DSC_0297.jpg

Here's a picture looking from the WWII Memorial down to the Lincoln Memorial.

DSC_0320.jpg

Then we headed to the Lincoln Memorial. This is a picture looking in the opposite direction of the last picture.

DSC_0339.jpg

From there we went to the Vietnam Memorial which words can't even begin to describe. You walk up to the Memorial and all you see is a black wall.

DSC_0341.jpg

But then you walk down into it and the black wall starts to turn grey and then you realize the sheer number of names that are on those two walls. It's hard to explain, definitely a must visit for every American to understand the true loss this nation took in the Vietnam War.

I was trying to play with an angle to get something cool but it didn't workout.

DSC_0348.jpg

DSC_0349.jpg

Then to my most favorite picture of the trip. We decided to walk on over to the White House to show my appreciation of the excellent job that the White House has done for me this past year!!

DSC_0355.jpg

Then we stopped by the US Capitol Building and here is the lovely girlfriend standing on the steps.

DSC_0408.jpg

Then off the the US Supreme Court House. I was torn on this picture and couldn't decide what to do, so I decided based on the fact that they actually ruled in favor of the McDonald case this picture follows that path.

DSC_0420.jpg

Then we took the Metro out and under the Potomac and stopped by the Arlington National Cemetery. This was actually my second visit here and it doesn't get any easier and the shock is not any less.

DSC_0463.jpg

The true price to freedom that we all sometimes forget about!

Then this genius that it would be a great idea to sit on the JFK Memorial. Good job champeroo!!

DSC_0468.jpg

Me trying to be artsy again, FAIL!

DSC_0471.jpg

Then we walked past the Department of Labor and I couldn't help myself for the money that they are throwing away to lazy pieces of crap that have no desire to work.

DSC_0425.jpg

And I saved this one for last. It's totally out of order but I felt I wanted to save this for last because I really feel saddened and disappointed on one hand about this picture and on the other hand not shocked at all. This picture was taken at a Church that literally is to the left across the street from the Supreme Court. This picture is just plain ole disgusting.

DSC_0421.jpg

All in all we had a fantastic time and would do it all over again. The reflection pool was absolutely a disgrace to this country. It stunk and was beyond dirty. I would of rather seen it empty than had it filled with that putrid smell.

Another thing was the MASSIVE amount of construction going on in DC. This Government has NO money, yet every single Governmental building was under construction. It's no wonder out National Debt is out of control.

Hope you all enjoyed my little story!!

M

Very nice there, no wonder why it's so easy to forget about the rest of the country.

To tell you the truth, the main tourist area is a crap hole. The actual mall is so run does its actually pretty disgraceful. Now the farther you move out from the mall and the farther you move from the touristy area's the nicer it gets. But then of course it starts to deteriorate again and goes into slum type areas as well.

I still can't get over the amount of construction going on though. It's insane!

Another great place to go is The National Archives Building , they have this document in there called the CONSTITUTION , maybe some of our elected officials can go there and read it !!!!!!!!!!