Babaganoosh

You're fired...Dude.

So you're basically saying if you see a kid skateboarding around in an area that says no skateboarding, the thing you should do it tell them someone will kill them, then headlock and drop their a** to the ground? That's the message the cop just sent.

You need to get out of Nj more often.. in B'more if that kid pulls his crap in the wrong neighborhood, he WILL end up as a statistic. BPD guy was an idiot, but the kid was a douche as well.

Jeez, haha, what a character (the officer). I agree that the escalation of force wasn't justified, and he should face the appropriate and equal consequences. What those appropriate and equal consequences are is for investigators-- but seeing how this wasn't a unique situation, I wouldn't want him in a uniform anymore. He doesn't represent being a professional in uniform-- I doubt he's any better in person.

As for the kid, let him learn his own way. Those cut out for the world will make it past the filters, those who aren't will become some type of statistic (drop out, druggie, dead, etc). Fortunately, it seems most people get it out of their system though, eventually.

Getting a beatdown curbside from an officer over something so trivial will only make you a lifetime hater of police and "the law". Those kids very well may have committed some vandalism just because of what happened. At that age I would have been itching to put a brick through the first unmanned PD car I saw...

I really don't think the kid needs discipline. The kid has ear plugs in, doesn't hear the guy and he goes off. Since when is calling somebody "dude" a crime.

That is not showing someone disrespect, he's a child and obviously has no father. Since when does a cop yelling at you and pulling some BS, entitle him to stop your 1st ammendment rights....sit there and shut up.....really? Really.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF HIM!!!!!!

Wow. He had NO RIGHT touching the kid. The kid gave him NO reason at all for him to tackle him down like that. I thought from all this talk he touched the officer or resisted. I watched the video and I dont feel at all bad if this guy got fired. He's a douche. He is out of touch. The kid wasnt disrespecting him. He didnt hear him from having his Ipod on. "DUDE" is not a derogatory remark nor disrespectful. Then cops wonder why they are so disrespected by young kids. Who would want to deal with that guy anyway. Cops in Baltimore should worry about the surrounding area instead of inner harbor. That city is a shit hole.

The cop in this incident is a fat douchebag with issues.

Too bad for him he did not keep his cool, oh well. throw one to the unemployment lines...

Having a retired cop as a Dad and several friends in LE, I get to hear a lot of the frustrations they live through as they try to keep the Public safe. This guy however is abusing his powers. The skateboarders stopped and gave him attention when he wanted it. I am not buying the IPOD earplug opinion though... He could have been cool with these kids and turned into more of a mentor/do the right thing type of advice instead of hollering like a fool. In looking at all the crimes that go on in a city such as Baltimore, he could have issued a warning and kept his job.

I really don't think the kid needs discipline. The kid has ear plugs in, doesn't hear the guy and he goes off. Since when is calling somebody "dude" a crime.

That is not showing someone disrespect, he's a child and obviously has no father. Since when does a cop yelling at you and pulling some BS, entitle him to stop your 1st ammendment rights....sit there and shut up.....really? Really.

IIRC your "rights" don't start till your 18. At least my parents always told me that. :lol:

He should have taken him down to the station to have his parents come in to pick up his summons. I think the cop was trying to avoid wasting his time filling out paperwork instead of patrolling and preventing a real crime instead of skateboarding. I'm the first person to say a good kick in the pants is an excellent deterrent, but that cop went over the top. The clip of him kicking the remote control car doesn't help. I'm guessing someone knew it was him and baited him. Why do these people conveniently have video cameras on when this happens? And they always manage to leave the beginning off. Hmmm :think:

He could have been cool with these kids and turned into more of a mentor/do the right thing type of advice instead of hollering like a fool. In looking at all the crimes that go on in a city such as Baltimore, he could have issued a warning and kept his job.

I agree, coulda made it a positive situation, instead acted like a douche.

IIRC your "rights" don't start till your 18. At least my parents always told me that. :lol:

He should have taken him down to the station to have his parents come in to pick up his summons. I think the cop was trying to avoid wasting his time filling out paperwork instead of patrolling and preventing a real crime instead of skateboarding. I'm the first person to say a good kick in the pants is an excellent deterrent, but that cop went over the top. The clip of him kicking the remote control car doesn't help. I'm guessing someone knew it was him and baited him. Why do these people conveniently have video cameras on when this happens? And they always manage to leave the beginning off. Hmmm :think:

the remote control car incedent was before the skate boarders, he came forward after watching the skate board incedent..

The problem here is....we dont know what happened BEFORE the recording started. Honestly, the kid COULD have been a dick before, and then started to shut his mouth. Age or ignorance is NOT a defense. If there were signs, they should NOT have been skateboarding there.

That being said. The cop was definitely going overboard. There was absolutely NO reason to put his hands on the kid, and NO reason to tell him that he would "end up being killed by someone if he kept acting like that." Both of those actions were TOTALLY over the top, and the cop deserved some serious punishment. The level of punishment depends on his history though. If he had a clean history, maybe a month or two suspension without pay + some type of probation....or if something showed up like that other video of him....then yea being fired.

Thing that gets me is... if I headlock and drop ANYBODY I go to jail for assault. If a cop headlocks and drops somebody for no reason they get leave WITH PAY, keep their job for 3 years, and get to bitch about getting fired for assaulting a child and being a douchebag.

Kid deserved it...

C'mon, wha'ts the cop going to do? "Pretty please" the little punk to death?

When you're doing something against the rules, the police (in my opinion) follow this procedure:

1. Verbal Warning (Excuse me sir, you're not supposed to be skate boarding here)

2. Aggressive Verbal Warning (HEY PUNK! GET OFF THE FUCKING SKATEBOARD)

3. Mild Physical Contact + Verbal Warning (*puts hand on shoulder* Hey! Are you listening to me? NO SKATEBOARDING HERE)

4. Aggressive Physical Contact (*tackle + beatdown*)

5. Arrest?

Normally, this is how I expect police to react if I do anything wrong in a similar manner. I usually try to keep it at #1. Police need to be somewhat aggressive in law enforcement because that's their... umm... job. Part of that job is a general respect to the authority given to the police.... you don't respect that, you don't respect the laws they are there to enforce... and that leads to nothing good.

Though, when stupid citizens meet stupid cops... well, there is no shortage on stupid there.

Now... as for the cop being fired, he probably had other issues as well... lesser known ones.

Advocate...The problem is that the laws are written so that the criminal is usually on the defensive side of an aggressive cop. If you ask me, the cops have a very tough job. If they act PC they get accused of not acting at all and putting everyone else at risk...if they act aggressive then they get hit up with being abusive. IT sucks to be them and my father who as I mentioned is a retired cop told me a few years back not to follow his path due to the laws not letting these guys and gals do their jobs correctly. Same thing applies to our Education System and the teachers not being able to control students when they act up. And I don't even think I have to mention NATO Rules of Engagement...

None-the-less, this guy was a douche and in looking at the way the kid was acting in the tape he went way overboard.

As for the cameras, usually they don't start filming till something has already started to happen.

When you're doing something against the rules, the police (in my opinion) follow this procedure:

1. Verbal Warning (Excuse me sir, you're not supposed to be skate boarding here)

2. Aggressive Verbal Warning (HEY PUNK! GET OFF THE friggin SKATEBOARD)

3. Mild Physical Contact + Verbal Warning (*puts hand on shoulder* Hey! Are you listening to me? NO SKATEBOARDING HERE)

4. Aggressive Physical Contact (*tackle + beatdown*)

5. Arrest?

Completely depends on the situation, the offense, and the demeanor of the perp. If the kids had been seen committing a violent or serious offense, were talking trash, acting aggressive, swinging their skateboards, etc... that's justification to tackle the kid. I bet if that cop told the kids to come over to get handcuffed, they would have done so without incident. No cops don't need to tackle+beatdown people to make an arrest. If you are cool, like those kids were, you can just get cuffed and placed in the car. Too bad the kids didn't say "Am I free to go or are you detaining me"!!

When I was a kid and threw snowballs at cars I always had an escape plan in case the car stop. Today kids stand on the side of the road and could care less if you stop because they know nothing will happen. I raised my children to respect people and the kid in the video is your typical punk. The LEO is correct; with his attitude he will mouth off to the wrong person one day and wish he had learned from this experience.

Yeah but every now and then Red, it goes a different way :) One time I was leaving a location I was conducting an investigation at. In a forme life I was a private sector theft ring/fraud investigator. Anyway, I left via the back entrance to the plaza. As I sat their waiting to turn out I noticed rocks skipping across the road seemingly out of nowhere. So I sat and watched. Theres another and another, as cars go by.... Ahhh ok I see it now, caugh a glimpse of a hand on the throw. So I back up and park and sneak over the hill. Well unfortunately I didnt catch them before they put one right through the windshield of a new toyota pickup :( So anyway I caught them,two kids about 16. Well the owner of the pickup walked up and punched the kid right square in the face and laid him out!!!!!!!!!!!