Ray Ray

Fort DIX this weekend?

I'm not a member, but maybe some members and non-members can meet up this weekend? I want to get some of my northern guys down there if possible. If its too soon, then maybe in 2 weeks.

I am a maybe Ray and might already have Tammy and the kids coming. If they come I will be on the pistol range with 22's. Will not know till that morning probably. If not I will bring out manly guns and lose some hearing.

And you need to be there by 0800 the latest from what I hear lately.

I am a maybe Ray and might already have Tammy and the kids coming. If they come I will be on the pistol range with 22's. Will not know till that morning probably. If not I will bring out manly guns and lose some hearing.

And you need to be there by 0800 the latest from what I hear lately.

Or come much later. There is always a line at the opening. People generally sign up for two hours or more. Lanes don't start opening up until 11:00am.

Ouch - that means I'd need to leave by 6am to get down there by 8!

I'd go but I'm bring the gf. There is no way I'll get her there that early. We're going to CR still Pete. Maybe one day during the week I'll bang out of work and go to Dix.

So, what kind of stuff should the guests bring (aside from guns and ammo of course)? Targets? Target stands? Clays? With the exception of shooting fruits and vegetables, I'm not very familiar with the facilities at Ft Dix.

So, what kind of stuff should the guests bring (aside from guns and ammo of course)? Targets? Target stands? Clays? With the exception of shooting fruits and vegetables, I'm not very familiar with the facilities at Ft Dix.

definelty targets, stands and any fruit/veggies/water filled plastic bottles you'd like to destroy

And a happy disposition! :shock: :)

Ha. They do sell targets/target stands (they're targets on target stands) for cheap there as well.

Rain is in the forecast for Sunday with temps in the mid-70's... I would still recommend bringing some water or other beverages.

If you need a mat for shooting prone, then sure.

As for my attendance, most likely at this point. A chance to meet Pete and Ray, plus the rest of the crew? How can I not make time in my day to do that? ;) Plus, I can get those DVDs back to you, Pete :shifty: :facepalm::D

I'll give a more definite answer within the next day or two.

I'll probably just buy the targets/target stands there I guess, cuz the ones I have that we use at CR probably wouldn't work at Dix.

What exactly is the deal if it rains tho? Is any of the range covered? It would suck to drive 2 hours down there only to get rained out and have to drive back home :?

I'll probably just buy the targets/target stands there I guess, cuz the ones I have that we use at CR probably wouldn't work at Dix.

What exactly is the deal if it rains tho? Is any of the range covered? It would suck to drive 2 hours down there only to get rained out and have to drive back home :?

if it rains, then we can go to Brick or Lakewood and shoot indoors

I think they have post hole diggers for target stands.