Ray Ray

Fort DIX this weekend?

According to google, I'm getting off the turnpike to 206S... 206S to 68S.. then to 670 which becomes main st... which becomes Wrightstown Cookstown Rd.. and then onto Cookstown Browns Mill Rd... which after about 3+ miles gets me to Ft. Dix. Hopefully my GPS agrees :?

Which one of those is the "slow" road?

According to google, I'm getting off the turnpike to 206S... 206S to 68S.. then to 670 which becomes main st... which becomes Wrightstown Cookstown Rd.. and then onto Cookstown Browns Mill Rd... which after about 3+ miles gets me to Ft. Dix. Hopefully my GPS agrees :?

Which one of those is the "slow" road?

Cookstown Browns Mill Rd. As Maks pointed out, it has flags lined up on either side. It then breaks out into an open stretch (you might see aircraft landing/taking off on the right at McGuire). You'll then see a forest up ahead that the road continues to wind through, and that's officially entering Ft Dix property (public access road, no gates or anything)... and in this stretch, there are like a million overlapping PDs patrolling around :(

and in this stretch, there are like a million overlapping PDs patrolling around :(

sounds fun :lol:

On a different note, is anyone shooting handguns or shotguns? Trying to decide if i should bother bringing any.

bring em all Pete, there will be a large variety of guns

One thing to remember to bring is FRUIT. Stop N Shop has overripe stuff for cheap (and you don't need to feel guilty about wasting perfectly good food). Roadside stands have overripe stuff they will nearly give away. Few things blow up as well as a tomato hit by a ballistic tipped 204 Ruger round doing 4100FPS. Hitting an apple on a stick at 75 yards with iron sights is hard, but satisfying. Melons are fun to see go Kaboom too. Water bottles are OK, but it's just not the same.

The best part is that the range officer doesn't ask you to clean up food, just plastic from water bottles and the like.

By the way, I am the big guy with shaved head (aka bald as hell). I drive a Gold Toyota Rav 4.

AR, Mosin, 870s, and what pistols to bring?

Turnpike to Fort Dix? I thought it was on the Shore side.

So 3 bucks for an hour. Figure 8am till 5pm. 27 peso's

Meet at the picknic tables at 745. How's that? I'm not a member, but since I started this meetup I figured I'd take control. Though once inside, bbk is in charge, since he's the AR nut!

Im going to try to make it out there tomorrow morning, I will re-join. I really should have no excuse, I am most likely the closest one to the range I live about 5 minutes from there.

yes! If I lived 5 mins away I would be there every day that they were open. Bar none, for $60 or $65 a year, it is one of the best range options.

I am in for tomorrow, but can't reach till about 11-11:30am. Who can guest me in? Please PM with your phone # and I will call an hour or so ahead of reaching.

btw. Last time I got lost getting there and I followed maks (blindly) coming back, so still not sure how to get there ...

Can someone post directions from 07095? Thanks!

I am in for tomorrow, but can't reach till about 11-11:30am. Who can guest me in? Please PM with your phone # and I will call an hour or so ahead of reaching.

btw. Last time I got lost getting there and I followed maks (blindly) coming back, so still not sure how to get there ...

Can someone post directions from 07095? Thanks!

As Maks pointed out to me once, just Google directions to 1 Cookstown Browns Mill Rd, Cookstown, NJ. From there, head south down Cookstown Browns Mill Rd, and the entrance to Range 14 will be on the left hand side (noted with a sign for Range 14).

From Woodbridge, its about an hour, Radek.

On another note though, maybe we should "finalize" a list of people coming? (I know things can change last minute.)

Note members and non-members, just to ensure we have enough members to guest-- be a bit awkward to have some guys left in the wind :(

In the morning itself, after we know who's actually shown up, we can specify who's guesting who at that point.

I may make it down in the am. I think I may just try the handgun range. I still need to clean and oil the AR. If I can get that done, I will be there. I can also help anybody who needs stuff sighted in.

Bryan, you are going to USPSA tomorrow. =)

Chris,

we just lay the fruit on the ground if big enough, or on a cardboard box.

Dick's in Paramus doesn't have targets! They have a whole aisle for deer hunting instead. <_< I picked up a 3 lb. bag of apples, a couple giant grapefruits, and a 12 pack of seltzer water for targets. I asked the guy if they had any rotten fruit at the Stop&Shop and he said they just threw it out. The guy asked me out of curiosity what I was going to do with it. I told him I was going to blow it up and he made this face => :o He then gave me a high five and told me I was his hero. :lol:

I have a wooden frame stand for Cherry Ridge, but it has 2X2 legs I believe. They're square and won't go into the ground. I have a few 25 yd slow fire pistol targets to use for the 5.56 and a bunch of Caldwell Orange Peel stickers for pistol. There wouldn't happen to be a 24 hr Walmart on my way down there that sells targets perhaps? :D

So, currently we have:

lunker*

tj462nj*

bbk*

Ray

Caine

krd

mikey

chrisjm981

Radek

badchevelle

bryan?

*denoting members. If you are a R14 member, please comment... and if I missed your name, please comment. For reference, each member can guest four.

As of now, we'll just meet by the front porch. If you want to know what vehicle I'll be driving or my number, send me PM.

I'll be looking for lunker myself ;)

Regarding targets, R14 sells target stands w/ targets on them (not sure about the current variety, but there's always been a few to select from). They're wooden backed, and you can place paper targets on them. I also have a box of targets myself in my trunk if need be (some Q, smaller point scoring silhouette, and bulls eye [that I use personally for zeroing]).